Criticism/improvement suggestions Twitch app for AppleTV
(translated from German by DeepL)
since the release of your new Twitch app for AppleTV I have the following criticisms:
- Where can I set "my language" (german) so that under "Channels in my language" I am no longer shown ALL international channels with ALL languages?
- There is no display of how long the current stream has been running (uptime).
Stream recordings ("Earlier broadcasts"):
- The date from when the stream or clip is from is missing - both in the thumbnails and in the enlarged view.
- The rewind and fast forward function is a disaster! It's extremely unwieldy, very inaccurate and totally complicated to use and doesn't take the modern touch interface of the AppleTV remote control into account at all!
- Also missing is a skip function that jumps 10 seconds forward or backward in the video.
Why do you want to "reinvent the wheel" with your new app? Why can't you fall back on well-known and popular functionalities? Even with the recent update of the ARD media library app, the playback of their videos has been changed to the general standard (wiping the touch surface causes the video to be fast-forwarded or rewound, a click causes it to jump 10 seconds back, etc.)
I hope very much that you will revise the app again, because at the moment it's just a big annoyance for me and it's no fun anymore to watch live streams and stream recordings.
Greetings from Germany