Following screen/tab Tweaks
Talking about Android app, but i saw the iOS app is more or less the same.
The main reason i didn't use the official app is because the Following screen/tab layout, the main page when you enter the app, is not as pleasant to see as it should be. Mainly by the order of the sections showed.
Actually the order of the sections showed in the Following screen are:
- Categories (you follow).
- Online Channels (you follow).
- Continue Watching (history).
- Offline channels (you follow).
My issues with this layout are:
- Because is "Following", the focus should centered in Online Channels, Offline Channels and Categories you follow.
- When a section is empty (mostly Online Channels), they dissapears...
- ... and because that the Suggestions section normally take its place, intentionally or not, and is annoying, not only because the suggestions are not very good in first place, also because if this is the Following tab/screen, and the suggestions doesn't fit in that criteria, with more reasons if the other two tabs/screens of the app are for suggestions/search (Discover and Explore).
- The "Continue Watching" has some flaws, first because you can't delete entries (https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310222-twitch-applications-mobile/suggestions/39000541-swipe-to-remove-continue-watching-entry) also could be implemented with an independent "History" screen (https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310222-twitch-applications-mobile/suggestions/15724485-broadcasts-that-you-ve-recently-watched).
- Have Online and Offline channels in the opposite part of the screen (top and bottom) doesn't make sense. The best should be show the Online channels and a button somewhere in the section (below the last entry or a "Cog" alongside the title of this "Channels" section) showing all the followed channels in a separated screen. Also can be added a feature to be able to pin channels to show them in the Following screen/tab no matter what they are online or offline (https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/310222-twitch-applications-mobile/suggestions/43073181-add-option-to-pin-streams).
- Also, if there is not online channels can show a link to look the discover screen/tab to discover new channels, and a link to Explore screen/bat if you reach the end of swiping the categories, or if it's empty.
So, summarizing, the idea is the Following layout could be like these sections:
- Channels (You follow, online ones, with a button for show your offline channels, with ability to pin channels out, and a link to Discover if it's empty).
- Categories (You follow, with a link to Explore in the end of the list).
- Continue Watching/History (Better in a separate screen/tab, but with ability to delete entries).
- Suggestions (Better not to include this section, and redirect to Discover or Explore screens/tabs when is apropiate).
This not only has feature request by me, also has references to other ones made here (and maybe of others i didn't read yet), a bunch i totally agree and i upvoted.
Thanks in advance.