"Coworking and Study" Category
Last year, you all implemented a "coworking" tag for WFH, study, and remote working streams.
All of us in the coworking community really appreciated the tag! It helped users and viewers find streamers to study alongside, especially in a time when everyone was working from home. Even now, a year and a half out from the tag introduction, many users are still working from home, looking for coworking streams to pass the time and find company in.
Unfortunately, the addition of custom tags—while innovative and helpful for many streamers generally—has presented a problem for the coworking community. It's no longer easy for coworking streamers to use their designated tag to aid discoverability.
There are, after all, SO MANY iterations of "coworking" that could be used: "coworking," "co working," "study," "WFH," "costudy," "working," "studying," working...." and the list goes on.
This lack of clarity has effectively nullified the benefits that the designated "coworking" tag gave us back in early 2021, muddying the waters and hampering discoverability for coworking streamers.
ALL THAT SAID, now that custom tags have been introduced and the discoverability environment has changed for us, it would be incredible to get a designated "Coworking and Studying" category for coworking streamers to live in. Not only would it help viewers find us, it would also help us discover other new coworking streamers much easier—especially when not many know how to use the tag system efficiently.
Thanks so much for considering!
The co-working / study community on Twitch is vibrant and growing, so it really deserves its own category! 💜
With the new tag system, we definitely need a definite space to find these streams!! The Coworking & Study category has to be created ASAP
Yes, this. Coworking is quickly building a dynamic, fast-growing community of students, at-home workers, and people who are trying to improve themselves and encourage one another while doing it. I've really enjoyed my coworking streams, and anything that would help let others know about coworking more easily would be much appreciated!
yes!! with the amount of ppl that actually do co-working/study streams it is actually better
I’ve done 3 co-working streams in the last 2 weeks and plan to do at least one a month going forward - this would be an awesome category to stream to!
yes please!! With the rising popularity of people using twitch for their accountability to improve focus and productivity in their lives, a dedicated category would benefit so many, not only existing creators and chatters, but also those new to the space wanting to work along our beloved streamers or to even start streaming for themselves, so that it can become more mainstream and normalised to do this for better mental wellbeing!
I believe this also goes well together with this earlier call for a Study category from 2020:
and this call for a Writing category:
A Co-working and Study community would cover a combination of both these writing and studying categories and more.
The previous Coworking tag, that as earlier mentioned is now scattered through many different custom tags, was and is used by very diverse group of streamers: Writers, people working from home, students and programmers to name a few.
It's about time! Best community on Twitch <3
I think this is something so many co-working streamers and viewers would highly benefit from!
The original unified tagging system was absolutely great when implemented, however since the new tagging method was born, variations of options made it difficult to locate people with streams of the same goal, especially for those whose first language is not English.
- "Just Chatting" has be come a "catch all" category which makes it difficult for people to locate any specific sub-groups. To break this up and offer better services to viewers, Twitch has created many "IRL" categories to section off these subgroups, including but not limited to "Software and Game Development", "Science & Technology", "Food & Drink", "Music", "Pools, Hot Tubs, and Beaches", "Animals, Aquariums, and Zoos", "Makers & Crafting", "Politics", "Fitness & Health", "Sports", and "Talk Shows & Podcasts". This logic can be applied to creating a "Coworking and Study" category.
- Users cannot follow tags, however they can follow specific categories. This encourages users to be able to join a specific collection of viewers whose average unique viewer count exceeds 5K per day (based on an EST 24 hour period). A category presents the opportunity to congregate those viewers into one space and propel itself forward.
- Without the need of a tag, a category reduces the chances of unrelated streams flooding the search results. Variety streamers often change categories and apply tags to coincide with that show, however the coworking tag can often be found applied to game affiliated categories. Coworking and studying are not auto tags like IRL or a language tag, so it will not be automatically removed if a category doesn't seem to apply, therefore it creates an extra step for the streamer and more confusion for the viewer to have it removed or added properly.
Overall the benefits truly prove the necessity for this change, especially given the new climate of the world due to the changes COVID enforced. More and more people have taken on life digitally with their studies and their jobs. This category will allow access to those spaces once left to a small group of people. Twitch should consider evolving in supporting those changes as digital nomadic life and online study become more prevalent in today's society.
- I believe categories are intended to be more broad than specific to something when dealing with things at scale or major. That way they work best with tags as they compliment and fill the gaps in categories.
- Although it would be convenient to have "Coworking and Study" category;
I believe tags are enough and makes more sense, as they can be matched with any category available.
eg. Just chatting, Software and Game Development
Summary, anything too specific or that can be applied to many areas, should be considered a tag. (There might be overlap but it's not the rule)
Yes!! this is much needed and these streams really help people be productive <3
YES, this is much needed!
Study Streamers and Viewers definitely deserve their own Corner! <3
david __Brown commented
I agree. Therefore, if you are looking for proven writers right now, then you need to familiarize yourself with https://mypaperforme.com/write-my-term-paper service. This company effectively help students solve their problems with writing tasks. This is a very valuable find for me, it saves me a lot of time, and my papers get the necessary result.
Es gibt verschiedene Kategorien wo die Streams eingeordnet werden und momentan laufen die Study-with-me streams noch über Just Chatting und das ist nicht so passend weil es nicht just chatting ist. Es sollte eine eigenen Kategorie dafür geben weil es dadurch einfacher zu finden ist und besser aufgeräumt ist:)
Das wäre sehr hilfreich und ich finde es sehr passend.
Completely agree!! I second the notion. It's crazy to me that we don't have a category for this yet, considering how many changes were made during the 2 years of the pandemic and many people trying to re-create library-type spaces online... this is a technique I personally still use to this day, to help with concentration (I do distance learning so it's all online and I desperately need to be held accountable to get any work down - this idea of people around watching helps a LOT), but I'm always stuck between choosing either ASMR (which usually just brings in creeps looking for mic licking content), or Just Chatting, which again isn't suitable as often talking is limited due to trying to concentrate on the subject at hand. Let's make this a thing!!
Hi, it would be amazing if you could add a coworking/study streamer category. I almost exclusively come to twitch to help me get things done, this site has been extremely helpful especially during COVID. The only problem is that its extremely difficult to find live streamers that are doing a study/coworking stream at any given time. The search function is also difficult to use in this case. Please add this feature! Thank you!!
Añadir la categoría: Estudiando
Poder hacer Stream estudiando ya que no es lo mismo que charlar.
Mi gran descubrimiento es empezar a utilizar Study with me me parece necesario ya que hay una comunidad muy maja donde nos apoyamos aprendemos y nos reimos.