Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

561 results found

1. There is only 2 seconds 4 seconds and 6 seconds it would be nice if i can set a customs time

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Chat Ban Evaders not allowed to host or follow the channel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hi so I wanted to get into streaming but the idea of getting doxxed is sketchy.
    Twitch runs on AWS which is a large cloud platform. Part of that platform is a service called Amazon Comprehend. Comprehend tries to detect if data is personal info, like addresses, etc.

https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/machine-learning/detecting-and-redacting-pii-using-amazon-comprehend/

It would be super cool if this could be integrated into the AutoMod so doxxing can't happen as easily.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  4. When you decide to ban someone and perform the command make a popup come out and the popup says "Do you want this user get unfollowed from streamer?
    there you decide if yes or no, because if unfair you get unfollowed because you got a 69 seconds ban (more if you are a guy who has like 3 years following the channel)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Like the pencil that editors have for editing the title in moderator view, I am suggesting that the new verification systems that are now only available in the editor dashboard also be made available as a new widget or added to the "Channel Actions" widget for editors who use mod view.

I would also like to see some slash commands to enable or disable them. Perhaps with whatever we preset the settings to.

/phoneon /phoneoff
    /emailon /phoneoff

When used, it could enable those verification systems with the settings we had previously saved.

This would give us the ability to use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When switching into Moderator View to handle a problematic viewer is about the worst time to be forced into an ad roll - you lose all ability to assess how the streamer is responding.

I am fine with pre-rolls on channels I moderate. I'm even fine with pre-rolls if I go straight into mod view, but if I am being redirected from Channel X into Mod View for Channel X, pre-roll ads should be disabled - this is purely for a functional reason (and frankly chances are I've already been served a pre-roll so this shouldn't impact revenue).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. With Mod Tools enabled you click the purge button to clear the message from chat and from the VOD, but there is no accountability on who deleted what when going back and reviewing what message was purged by a mod. It could even look the same as how AutoMod shows the message that is held and allowed or denied by the Mod in question.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently it just displays no profile picture or name and none of the chat history is available. The only thing that shows is the reason put in the unban request.

Twitch should just auto deny the unban requests or remove them front he queue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Right now it is very tedious to have to only be able to add one word at a time if you're adding blocked words to your channel. I think it would be better if we could add 5 or 10 words at a time, separated by commas or or semicolons. This would make it less of a hassle for streamers to add banned words, especially if we have a long list of words we want to add.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  10. the option to "/marker [notes]" is only for editors, however sometimes the Mods would like to just drop a marker for the streamer or for the editors to go back to as a good point of ref for them.

For an example; "Start highlight here, end here"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add a prompt that pops up after a mod bans or times out a chatter. The mod notes in the user card are great but often my team forgets to add them since it's a bunch of extra navigating. Pop in a "why?" when it happens and that would be helpful (also perhaps an option for the message to be sent to the modded chatter??)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When Automod has moderated a word - and the item is at the bottom of chat - clicking on the "****" will bring up a popup menu that is incomplete and will not let you see the rest of the message to determine if you would like to allow the blocked text.

I should not have to wait for 5-6 more people to send messages to be able to review whether I want to see a specific blocked word - I should be able to make a judgement with it as the latest message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  13. A widget in the modview to see all timeouts that are currently active in the channel you are moderating, so you can keep an eye out for timeouts that are about to run out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Remove prediction content guideline check on different languages than English or please remove it completely! Again, you think English is the only language what every people speak on the Earth!

Can you tell me what is wrong with this text in your opinion? What guide is broken with the text: "Crazynek lesz 3 kill-je a mérkőzésen?"

So, please remove ASAP, as we can not write good content because of your restrictions!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  15. Make it possible to watch "Log" - "Chat history" by the channel moderator to find out who, what, when wrote in the chat in a certain situation. Also so that you can download this file in .txt format or any other format convenient for you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. La opción de que los mods del canal puedan hacer clips, ya que la mayoría de los streamers deshabilitaron la opción de hacer clips para prevenir el DMCA pero hay momentos graciosos o importantes donde no hace falta un clip, y no que el streamer lo haga y pierda el tiempo haciéndolo, seria muy útil que habilitaran esa funcion :D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  17. A lot of the time, users get banned for saying things that could be considered hateful or homophobic in Deere's chat, but it's hard to process an unban request because there is no real context around what was said.

It would be nice to be able to be able to click a message in someone's chat history and be able to expand the rest of the chat around the time the user said said message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be nice if we could have a second chat view that we could be provided with filter criteria, like "following less than X time" or "Account is less than X days old".

A lot of the time, troll accounts are throwaways and it would be easier to catch bad actors quickly, especially in situations such as raids where chat moves fast and it's hard to follow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Users can be banned for plenty of reasons, so them having a way to appeal their ban is completely reasonable. However, if I have both banned and blocked a user, that's very deliberate, and I never want to see them again. That user should not be able to harass me by sending me an unban request.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. So far every single unban request I've gotten so far has been something fairly toxic (a vague insult, a racial slur, etc). I don't want to deny these requests, because doing so will notify the user and I don't really want them to know that I even looked at their request. But I also don't want them to just sit there forever, the more toxic requests there are the less I actually want to look at the thing at all, which eventually will pretty much completely defeat the point of having unban requests in the first place.

I'd like to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?