Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

38 results found

1. Harassment can be a problem for some streamers on twitch. A user will come into chat and cause trouble for the broadcaster / other chatters. He might get banned, but nothing is stopping him from creating a new account and re-enterring the chat to continue causing problems. Even if the chat requires a verified email, it is easy for a troll to return. If there was on option for streamers to prevent accounts under a certain age from chatting (say, 1 or 2 days), this would make it a lot harder for people to continue trolling after getting banned. Legitimate…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. I contacted Twitch support about this and they told me to leave my feedback here. So here it is.

Randomly asking users who have never caused any trouble on Twitch to verify their phone number to keep participating in communities is not a nice move. In fact, I'd call it an a-hole move. This does absolutely NOTHING to keep chat safe.

Ask people who are banned in multiple chats for their numbers, I don't care, at least then you have a proper reason. What Twitch is doing right now, however, -- and it's affecting not just me but a significant…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Hello for whomever is reading this my account on May 26th-27th got experimented on by twitch with phone verification and I personally with no phone or phone number now can't get into my account to this day I've contacted twitch support and they didn't help me at all, this may be a pretty decent idea if everyone actually had a phone number but a lot of people in this world does not. If someone from twitch that can help me please reach out to me thank you and have a good day!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. IN 2022.05.13 Fri(KST), Some steamers in korea banned for one day. But checking their replay, they didn't found any wrong messeges from their voices except some users didn't follow them, left the chatting and vanished. After that, the streamers reported to twitch this is not a good reporting method, we must change this strange report system. Some of users using that method. they create another IDs and take into streamers that they don't know or they don't want to see them and Left their chats like blamming another country.
    Situation was not good because at that time, Director Keum, who…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Chat Ban Evaders not allowed to host or follow the channel.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Like the pencil that editors have for editing the title in moderator view, I am suggesting that the new verification systems that are now only available in the editor dashboard also be made available as a new widget or added to the "Channel Actions" widget for editors who use mod view.

I would also like to see some slash commands to enable or disable them. Perhaps with whatever we preset the settings to.

/phoneon /phoneoff
    /emailon /phoneoff

When used, it could enable those verification systems with the settings we had previously saved.

This would give us the ability to use…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. In an effort to make trolling more difficult, require 2 Factor Authentication to chat in streams. People can make fake phone numbers to tie emails to, but it would be difficult to constantly have to create both to tie together. Twitch users are supposed to be 13 years of age or older anyway and every teenager or older out there interacting on Twitch have cell phones. This would help provide better security and prevent bot spam and provide a safer experience for the streamer because of how difficult it would be to just create a brand new account after being…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. add that accounts need to be with a certain time of creation decided for the same channel, time can vary from no time to days, weeks, or months if intended.
    when the account surpasses this creation time, ti will be able to speak in your channel

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. There is a difference between Mobile-Phone Number, and Tele-Phone Number.
    I have Telephone (from State) but no Mobile!
    Why Twitch can't send me the "Code-Number" to my Telephone?
    Other companies can do this, no problem.
    ... another example would be: why i can't verified via e-mail adress?
    Discord can do this too, why can't do twitch as same?

(besides, it doesn't do much good anyway.
    I see daily some spambot's in the chat....
    They are allowed to use the chat. Unfortunately not me.)

...one year later:
    I hope i will get a free mobilephone as a present to christmas for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I tried to get phone verification but never received SMS or call with the code. My phone number has +57 prefix. Three weeks trying without success. I’m not able to chat with some streamers because of this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We need a way to make it so new accounts cant chat/follow, the current system is useless, someone can just make a new account, verify it with a burner email and skip all the security to harass the streamer continuously. Phone verify alienates people because not everyone wants to give away their phone number/ it can be a bit of a hassle to set up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Im a prime amazon member, my details are on my account. Why should i put my personal details again for a chat?
    Also, if you put your number on the chat. Who keeps those details? It seems to be taring the same brush as those who want do harm to streamers with blanket restrictive measures.

Those who never broke TOS should be exempt and not discriminated with exposing there privacy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Chat verification should be possible without mobil number verification, if a streamer trust a user. Otherwise lot's of people who do not want to give out their mobile number, could not be an active member of the community anymore. And the streamer and twich as well are benefit from active user, which are chatting and make the platform more interactive.
    I understand that new and unverified account should not be able chat directly everywhere, but for twitch users which a following a streamer a very long time, it should be possible to allow them to chat.
    So maybe the streamer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. An Up to Date and Verified Email Address Should Be Enough For You to be Considered a Verified Account.

There are so many streamers whose chats I would like to participate in, but I can't because they keep their chat in "Verified Accounts Only" Mode. However, what I fail to understand is why an Up to Date and Verified Email Address wouldn't be enough to consider you a verified account. Why must you give Twitch both your email AND your phone number/enable 2FA to be considered a verified account? I don't like not being able to chat just because Twitch…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. While I'm of age to watch mature streams, what makes me feel uncomfortable is that there could possibly be minors in the stream. My idea is that when someone creates an account or they have an account already, our birthday should be added to the settings. It'll update every year based on birthdays and if they're underage and try to watch streamers who are clearly for mature audiences only, the twitch streamer who have their stream marked for people of age, will not show up to the person who is underage. For example, let's say I put in my birthday…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Hi,

I'm currently subscribed to two channels but cannot talk in chats that are restricted to verified accounts only.

Also, I don't want to give my number to Twitch : I'm already giving my email and my credit card details. And I'm not the only one not wanting this https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/933812-safety/suggestions/44254764-do-not-require-a-phone-number-to-be-a-verified-acc.

Here's my suggestion :

-> I would add an option to allow streamers to authorize subs that donc have a verified account to join verified account only chats. Sub-only is usually too much and rarely used on the streams I watch.

At least, I would like to know why…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It’s reprehensible that Twitch does not have better protections for streamers. We know without the content from streamers, twitch would no longer exist.

Not allowing the repeat creation of fake user accounts within a given time period would be a start. Also settings for a streamer to automatically timeout chat from accounts created in the last x number of minutes/hours.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?