Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

38 results found

1. I have over 28.000 bans on my channel, banning about 40-50 accounts per day and have no way to circumvent the targeted attacks because of the lack of geolocated moderation. I need to impose limitations for accounts chatting from a specific country (italy) that's where the hate is coming from.

The only bandaid fix for now is going full sub-only mode which has the downside of stifling channel growth because legitimate new users won't be able to interact at all. Also, I would suggest allowing the streamer to set phone verification requirement only for specific regions to avoid imposing blanket…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Twitch affiliates have to verify their identity with a government issued ID and a face scan now when onboarding. I feel if an affiliate has completed this verification, this should clear the "phone verification" necessity in all chat since the account has been verified in an above and beyond way. Phone verification for non-affiliates and people who haven't completed onboarding is still fine, but I feel like this is unnecessary for those who have verified their ID. Please change this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. There is a difference between Mobile-Phone Number, and Tele-Phone Number.
    I have Telephone (from State) but no Mobile!
    Why Twitch can't send me the "Code-Number" to my Telephone?
    Other companies can do this, no problem.
    ... another example would be: why i can't verified via e-mail adress?
    Discord can do this too, why can't do twitch as same?

(besides, it doesn't do much good anyway.
    I see daily some spambot's in the chat....
    They are allowed to use the chat. Unfortunately not me.)

...one year later:
    I hope i will get a free mobilephone as a present to christmas for…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I tried to get phone verification but never received SMS or call with the code. My phone number has +57 prefix. Three weeks trying without success. I’m not able to chat with some streamers because of this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need a way to make it so new accounts cant chat/follow, the current system is useless, someone can just make a new account, verify it with a burner email and skip all the security to harass the streamer continuously. Phone verify alienates people because not everyone wants to give away their phone number/ it can be a bit of a hassle to set up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Stop not allowing VOIP numbers. SMS verification can easily be performed with VOIP. Twitch is attempting to farm unneeded information by tying a form of account verification to having and providing a phone number that corresponds with a large telecommunications company. Not only is this incredibly invasive and not at all conscientious, it also serves as a financial barrier to those who are unable, or unwilling to get a normal phone number. Not everyone needs to pay the unneeded money to ATT or a similar corporation. VOIP numbers work just fine. Adding insult to injury, is that you can even…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. An Up to Date and Verified Email Address Should Be Enough For You to be Considered a Verified Account.

There are so many streamers whose chats I would like to participate in, but I can't because they keep their chat in "Verified Accounts Only" Mode. However, what I fail to understand is why an Up to Date and Verified Email Address wouldn't be enough to consider you a verified account. Why must you give Twitch both your email AND your phone number/enable 2FA to be considered a verified account? I don't like not being able to chat just because Twitch…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. While I'm of age to watch mature streams, what makes me feel uncomfortable is that there could possibly be minors in the stream. My idea is that when someone creates an account or they have an account already, our birthday should be added to the settings. It'll update every year based on birthdays and if they're underage and try to watch streamers who are clearly for mature audiences only, the twitch streamer who have their stream marked for people of age, will not show up to the person who is underage. For example, let's say I put in my birthday…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi,

I'm currently subscribed to two channels but cannot talk in chats that are restricted to verified accounts only.

Also, I don't want to give my number to Twitch : I'm already giving my email and my credit card details. And I'm not the only one not wanting this https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/933812-safety/suggestions/44254764-do-not-require-a-phone-number-to-be-a-verified-acc.

Here's my suggestion :

-> I would add an option to allow streamers to authorize subs that donc have a verified account to join verified account only chats. Sub-only is usually too much and rarely used on the streams I watch.

At least, I would like to know why…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Im a prime amazon member, my details are on my account. Why should i put my personal details again for a chat?
    Also, if you put your number on the chat. Who keeps those details? It seems to be taring the same brush as those who want do harm to streamers with blanket restrictive measures.

Those who never broke TOS should be exempt and not discriminated with exposing there privacy.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. It has been two weeks since Twitch locked my account out of chat and told me they require a mobile number to unlock it.

I was asked to submit a ticket and the first response I received said
    "Please note that Twitch Support is unable to bypass the need for phone verification on your behalf. If phone verification is enabled by the creator and you are not exempt, you must complete the verification in order to chat."

I had already confirmed with the streamers that they did not change any verification settings. Even if they had, it would mean that…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop holding chat privileges ******* behind verifying a mobile number. There is no reason for this except to sell them to spammers and scammers. Some people don't even have mobile phones and can't verify.

This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen a company do.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I contacted Twitch support about this and they told me to leave my feedback here. So here it is.

Randomly asking users who have never caused any trouble on Twitch to verify their phone number to keep participating in communities is not a nice move. In fact, I'd call it an a-hole move. This does absolutely NOTHING to keep chat safe.

Ask people who are banned in multiple chats for their numbers, I don't care, at least then you have a proper reason. What Twitch is doing right now, however, -- and it's affecting not just me but a significant…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Problem (background):
    I have for some reason (and unbeknownst for me) been singled out for this forcing of phone number verification. None of my friends have this issue and I have no idea why my account was chosen for it. I've had my account for a couple of years without any problems, I have never done anything bad - on the contrary, I'm one of these persons people really like seeing in chat because I constantly hear "you bring such a good and positive vibe", "you're important to our community" and other comments like that.
    With this Twitch is forcing…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Hello for whomever is reading this my account on May 26th-27th got experimented on by twitch with phone verification and I personally with no phone or phone number now can't get into my account to this day I've contacted twitch support and they didn't help me at all, this may be a pretty decent idea if everyone actually had a phone number but a lot of people in this world does not. If someone from twitch that can help me please reach out to me thank you and have a good day!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Chat verification should be possible without mobil number verification, if a streamer trust a user. Otherwise lot's of people who do not want to give out their mobile number, could not be an active member of the community anymore. And the streamer and twich as well are benefit from active user, which are chatting and make the platform more interactive.
    I understand that new and unverified account should not be able chat directly everywhere, but for twitch users which a following a streamer a very long time, it should be possible to allow them to chat.
    So maybe the streamer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. If Twitch for example does an experiment with having verified chatting in every stream please give us a notice on socials or even on Twitch itself. Also an option to opt out of it would be nice but I understand that verifying your phone is the future of Twitch. Since this test is not being done to every Twitch user only a select few I think it's fair to have that opt out option. A percentage will just verify phone and that's the data that Twitch wants anyway.

It's been over 24 hours. Still can't chat and the sad part…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. IN 2022.05.13 Fri(KST), Some steamers in korea banned for one day. But checking their replay, they didn't found any wrong messeges from their voices except some users didn't follow them, left the chatting and vanished. After that, the streamers reported to twitch this is not a good reporting method, we must change this strange report system. Some of users using that method. they create another IDs and take into streamers that they don't know or they don't want to see them and Left their chats like blamming another country.
    Situation was not good because at that time, Director Keum, who…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. My account was "automatically flagged and temporarily blocked to prevent abuse" and now I am unable to chat.

I had not interacted with the channel except to click the follow button prior to this block being applied. To be clear - there were absolutely no messages sent by me to this channel prior to this block happening. I have since sent an unban request, and am still waiting for a response.

My account now displays "Banned on Linked Account" and searching tells me that 'If a user is seeing this message, they have had another account with their phone/email banned…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Regarding chat verification, it is good that you can set it to email/phone verification if an account is newer than a certain period of time, however I have confirmed that while this prevents an account from chatting, this does not prevent an account from following a channel without verifying.

In the past I have been harassed by people (and seen people harassed) by users who never said a word in chat. Their method of harassment would be to create an account with revealing information about the streamer and simply hit follow. They would be banned, however the account would be…

539 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?