Fix the system for autistics
- Search for "declare yourself autistic twitch tv" and no expected results will come.
- The BIG issue:
- TWTV has grown up and its too huge, there is not enough ppl on the earth that can track down what is being said, who is about to commit a crime, who is about to harass someone. That's why we should focus on the "system" itself. I am first focusing on the ppl with autism, the most sensible people, the others should be next.
Major characteristics for people at the classic side of the autism spectrum that can manifest on TWTV:
- They don't wanna that other users recognize them as an autistic, they don't wanna have a special treatment. But they should be.
- They have issues recolonizing harassment, cause they don't think that people would see then as a treat.
- Most of then like to accumulate anger inside, cause even tho they can't truly recognize a harassment, they can feel it.
- People should be able to self declarative autistic when they register (a checkbox).
- New users that have are already registered should be asked if they have any
mental/physical difficulty on a new modal when they open the twitch (even on the app).
- You guys don't ask the age of the user, you should starting getting it soon. (I remember that you guys used to ask that, why did you stop?)
- The leak of the personal state (physical/mental condition of the user) of the user by a streamer should be a reason for punishment (30 ban maybe?)
if the person that has the data leaked feels damage somehow.
My Personal solution, as if I worked for TWTV:
- Make a new terms of service exclusive for people with autism, also create the following scheme:
- Disable private messages automatically for their profile.
- Display a big RED warning to those that want to tag someone with autism on the chat,
the message should say something "Be careful with what you are saying, this person has a special condition".
- Make impossible to track how many Austin users are on TWTV thought the API
- Hide bad words by default for those that have self declared autistic.
- Make a new icon that would be the first displayed for the user that have self declared autistic an [A] only for
the streamer chat, the normal chat should not be display the [A]
- A new option for the streamer should appear (a toggle) that would display all the social/physical difficulty for
his users (I am thinking that in a near future other problems such ADHD would be implemented as well with its own
- People with autism should definitely have a special treatment cause they have always have a different vision, they are thinking
one step ahead, most of the times but some times they are really behind tho. And is in that area that we can help them.
That's why we should act, as a community, as a group, and build space for then to have a have a better mental health and let then show how beautiful
they really are. How their lens in their eyes are different and how everyone that hear their words feels special, just like they are.
If this idea is non-viable, or it can't be done for now, let me now.
(ps* sorry if I have made any coercion mistakes or Grammatical mistakes, I am not
a native English speaker)
Yeah I just wrote a whole long comment basically saying to workshop it. 😅
Have you tried asking people from r/Neurodiversity help with pitching this idea, they have been very helpful when it comes to these things and very supportive and respectful.
I probably should rewrite this and reorganize everything later since there is no comments.
Also I think there would be a issue related to fake accounts as well.