Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

145 results found

1. I have my browser make text and zoom in onto the websites I view to allow for easier navigation. With my settings, I find that with both side panels decide to break and text overlays on top in the about section of a streamers page. You can start the side panels collapsed so that visually impaired persons can navigate the website better

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Change the color preference in chat, which shows the username in a single static color to be a color per chat line.
    This means that there will be 4 colorblind and dark theme color friendly colors that appear for each username per chat line.
    User 1 (in purple): blah blah blah
    User 2 (in blue): blah blah blah
    User 1 (in orange): blah blah blah
    User 3 (in white or dark grey: blah blah blah

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There have been many times where a streamer has had some sort of emergency while live streaming. The viewers are left confused, panicked, and have no way to help. Situations such as seizures, embolisms/DVT, stroke (which is a real threat for people sitting down all day), and even non-medical emergencies such as someone breaking into their house.

As an epileptic myself, having a seizure on stream is one of my biggest fears. I am not always home with someone else. If I had a medical emergency while streamer, there would be nothing anyone could do or at least not very…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Logging in for me can be relatively annoying every now and then as my computer doesn't save cookies for your website. I also have two-auth enabled. It would be nice if I could bookmark people's channels and have the page dark on page load without needing to login, or check the box in the top right. Maybe use some url GET call that just works with JS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. So the rough idea is that if an image is provided for a panel, and title text rather than displaying both the title text should automatically become used as the alt and title text for the image.

This would assist in allowing people to more easily navigate, regardless of how they're accessing the site, and provide a more cohesive graceful over view on panels.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Having light mode as the default theme can be quite bright and loud upon first entering the site. Dark mode is much easier on the eyes, and much easier to read.

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Selectable font sizes for chat that are separate from zooming the entire page with Ctrl+Mousewheel Up would be awesome, even if they don't evenly break. A really cool idea that I've had for a while is actively scaling text fonts, so things like "lol" fill the width of the chat frame, as opposed to longer messages being somewhat smaller.

Additionally to this, simple color-specific modes for different eye conditions - black on yellow, high contrast white on black, yellow on blue - would be immensely helpful.

A pie in the sky addition to this would be selectively highlighting chat messages…

247 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Occasionally emotes contain text and letters that are a bit hard to read. I know Twitch accepts up to 112px emotes, but seems to use the smaller ones in chat. Simply having a little checkbox to show larger emotes would be super helpful to those with limited sight.

311 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I use a TTS reader to read chat to my headphones, and mix it in with game audio and music. I've toyed with running two concurrent streams from my computer so that legally blind viewers could open both and have chat read to them in real-time, but it hasn't been stable enough. Not sure if possible, but if a secondary audio channel could be utilized by the broadcaster, those needing chat read to them could turn it on and control its volume to be able to keep up with chat.

Alternatively, an in-page TTS reader might also be a good…

348 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I like the previously posted idea, but no accessibility features should ever be locked as rewards behind achievements. Folks shouldn’t need to be affiliated or partners to provide captioning to their audiences.

909 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Those of us with chronic pain or other disabilities are not always able to keep a schedule that is consistent enough to apply for the org we program. The current requirements are built on able-bodies standards. There should be a way to include disabled folks who can’t stream on a set schedule and may need to take breaks from streaming, but stream consistently when they can and have good viewership and engagement when they do.

261 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We could use a colorblind mode because some users (like myself) have a hard time with some colors blending in with the background of the dark theme.

306 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The new font is difficult to read. In the past, I've used a browser extension to change the font but it doesn't work with the new layout. Please give us dyslexic users the option to switch the font to OpenDyslexic or another dyslexia friendly font. This is both an aesthetic and accessibility feature.

150 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Since the new color design I find it really hard to focus (lurking and following my streamers) The dark theme especially is so contrasted that make my eyes hurt, I ended up lurking without even watching the page. I wish there was a better way to setup colors in twitch (not using shades or other addons for various browsers) or even have the option to revert to the old color theme!
    these things should matter more for viewers which make Twitch what it is, streamers won't be affected in any way!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I, along with many of my viewers, are having a hard time with the new Twitch dark mode, especially in the chat feed box.

The new look for the site is REALLY good. I want to emphasize this. Everything about it looks cleaner, more modern, and is more user friendly, except the dark mode color choices.

The 255 white on jet black background, with the bold-ish white font, is blinding even with monitor brightness turned down a bit. It doesn't do what dark mode needs to, where it dims out the whole screen but keeps things clearly legible. I put…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. The redesign has changed the default font to Roobert which has made it harder for me to read the text on the website.

Helvetica is considered to be one of the most easily read fonts on a display. Please change the default font back to Helvetica

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Greetings,
    My name is Brandon Cole, and I am a totally blind Twitch streamer and viewer, as well as an accessibility consultant for video games, and an advocate for accessibility for the blind. I am attempting to climb the ranks as a streamer, and have currently reached
    affiliate status. However, this is not without its struggles. I have been forced to commission a friend of mine to log into my Twitch account to export
    my videos to my Youtube channel. I've had to do this because the screen for exporting videos is not accessible with screen reading software. I have…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. We NEED the option to turn off things we wish not to use or see.

I don't need a daily notification about twitch prime, when i don't have it or even want it.

Turn off "Twitch Suggestions", basically you're entire front page. It's essentially useless to me.

Hide extensions before i enter a stream. Some people litter their screens with extensions and it's a giant turn off, let the viewer decide if we want them up or not. Instead of always being auto on.

I think i'm making my point with what i'm asking for and it's NOT that hard…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I have problems with my vision, so reading chat is often pretty rough for me. In the past, I have been able to get around this by utilizing the vast chat appearance options available in FFZ, but Twitch's new chat has severely limited these options. Please either let the old FFZ back into the current chat or implement your own appearance options, but something really has to be done here.

If some of these options are available, then I apologize, but they are not apparent how to access them.

Thanks so much!

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When change zoom on twitch web page change description buttons locations and this is so bad because usually set buttons in a determinate method so, for example, you have social buttons in the same column. So please or resize description buttons when change zoom, or give us possibility to set combination when buttons appear in 4 columns or 3 columns.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?