Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

User Accessibility

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

User Accessibility

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

99 results found

1. Change the color preference in chat, which shows the username in a single static color to be a color per chat line.
    This means that there will be 4 colorblind and dark theme color friendly colors that appear for each username per chat line.
    User 1 (in purple): blah blah blah
    User 2 (in blue): blah blah blah
    User 1 (in orange): blah blah blah
    User 3 (in white or dark grey: blah blah blah

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. The new font is difficult to read. In the past, I've used a browser extension to change the font but it doesn't work with the new layout. Please give us dyslexic users the option to switch the font to OpenDyslexic or another dyslexia friendly font. This is both an aesthetic and accessibility feature.

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Closed Captioning Uppercase is missing in the Closed Captions Options. When I say uppercase, I mean you should be free to use what font you want and then choose if you want all in uppercase, nor lowercase.

I know "Small Capitals" font is in there but that is not what we want. For example someone set to Dyslexia font then click Uppercase option, and it would show all in uppercase for that font Dyslexia.

In the effects tab, under Style section there should be a icon displaying this; https://i.imgur.com/MB21M68.png

Where people can click on the button if they want to…

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Un metodo para que la gente sorda pueda enterarse de lo que pasa en los streams mejor, sería poner subtitulos o algun método parecido así ayudaría a la gente con esa discapacidad

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My eyesight sucks and I have ADHD and dyslexia, so reading chat is already hard. I have my second monitor set to 200% text scaling just to be able to read it while streaming.

There’s been so many times I’ve missed that different people have chatted because their usernames “blend in” - ie, for whatever reason a lot of people have their names set to that “dingy” teal which doesn’t contrast well. Add lowercase long-ish usernames, and I’m really slowing down to keep track of who’s who. Same for raids, when a bunch of unfamiliar usernames come blazing into chat.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Blind users of the sight use a number of programs to help them however going and clicking buttons can be awkward with those programs a chat command that they could run to follow someone would be great, even better if they could do it from a different channel and follow with a @ when someone is shoutouted out.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. So the rough idea is that if an image is provided for a panel, and title text rather than displaying both the title text should automatically become used as the alt and title text for the image.

This would assist in allowing people to more easily navigate, regardless of how they're accessing the site, and provide a more cohesive graceful over view on panels.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. The current chat font on the iOS app is very small for the legally blind. Please add dynamic text support or the ability to increase the chat font size.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Logging in for me can be relatively annoying every now and then as my computer doesn't save cookies for your website. I also have two-auth enabled. It would be nice if I could bookmark people's channels and have the page dark on page load without needing to login, or check the box in the top right. Maybe use some url GET call that just works with JS.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The redesign has changed the default font to Roobert which has made it harder for me to read the text on the website.

Helvetica is considered to be one of the most easily read fonts on a display. Please change the default font back to Helvetica

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Since the new color design I find it really hard to focus (lurking and following my streamers) The dark theme especially is so contrasted that make my eyes hurt, I ended up lurking without even watching the page. I wish there was a better way to setup colors in twitch (not using shades or other addons for various browsers) or even have the option to revert to the old color theme!
    these things should matter more for viewers which make Twitch what it is, streamers won't be affected in any way!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I have problems with my vision, so reading chat is often pretty rough for me. In the past, I have been able to get around this by utilizing the vast chat appearance options available in FFZ, but Twitch's new chat has severely limited these options. Please either let the old FFZ back into the current chat or implement your own appearance options, but something really has to be done here.

If some of these options are available, then I apologize, but they are not apparent how to access them.

Thanks so much!

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. We NEED the option to turn off things we wish not to use or see.

I don't need a daily notification about twitch prime, when i don't have it or even want it.

Turn off "Twitch Suggestions", basically you're entire front page. It's essentially useless to me.

Hide extensions before i enter a stream. Some people litter their screens with extensions and it's a giant turn off, let the viewer decide if we want them up or not. Instead of always being auto on.

I think i'm making my point with what i'm asking for and it's NOT that hard…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Using images in channel panels allows streamers a higher level of design control, but sacrifices readability for visually impaired viewers. Please allow an alt-text feature on these images so the text on them can be accessible.

472 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. When change zoom on twitch web page change description buttons locations and this is so bad because usually set buttons in a determinate method so, for example, you have social buttons in the same column. So please or resize description buttons when change zoom, or give us possibility to set combination when buttons appear in 4 columns or 3 columns.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. So not just people who dont have any disabilities can watch I bet you guys and girls that even people with disabilities want to watch you stream. even deaf people but they dont know what the gamer is saying so why not let them take part in 100% of the stream and not half of it because they dont know what the gamer is thinking. It will get you more customers and I know every company wants more customers.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It is something that has crossed my mind when I watch streamers past VODs: Is there really no option for CC to be added? How to go about it, I think would be the real challenge. I believe the best way would be to allow the option for the streamers themselves to add CC to their VODs and/or allow mods/a person they trust, to do it for them if they so wish. Another way that it could be done would be to allow streamers to flag videos they desire CC on and have a dedicated Twitch CC Provider then watch…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I had an idea for Twitch that appeals to accessibility, so I think it's worth a look. A lot of streamers put a block of text in an image and use that as a clickable profile panel, but for people with slow connections where images won't load, or people who use screen readers, they won't get that same information. I was thinking if there was another box added for "alt text" when adding a panel, that would help a pile of people. I know there are a ton of people viewing on mobile, have poor eyesight, or are otherwise disabled…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. As a streamer & frequent twitch user, I used to love BTTV's black chat that was pure black background with bolder text, until they remove it. My idea is something similar to that, so I and others who used it could have an easier time reading chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?