Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Studio

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Studio

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. i would like to can chose wich aplication's sounds the viewers can hear on the stream

Admin audit: Changed "wich" to "which" for ease w/ finding idea.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

24 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,
    With the help of the Advanced Audio Mixer, you may mute this feature allows you to control your audio sources on a per-app basis. To use this feature, an in-app installation is required, available via the Twitch Studio general settings under Audio. For more information, please head over to our help article.

2. Allow the user to download any mp3 file for a sound alert cus the stock sound alerts are kinda boring

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

Not sure if this request is specifically asking to include .mp3 files for alerts, but do know that you may set custom sound files for your alerts! To do so, click Edit Scene, go to the Alerts layer, and finally mouse over to Edit Alert in the right-hand panel. Within the pop-up menu, you can click through each alert and set the sound of each type of alert, by clicking the Change button under Sound. For more information on supported sound files please refer to our help article.

3. I’m fairly new to Twitch Studio and I’m transitioning from Streamlabs as Twitch Studio is easier for meto understand. But one thing I miss from Streamlabs is the use of hotkeys being able to toggle certain scenes. It would be really nice if we could get some sort of setting in the edit scene screen where we could add a specific hotkey or keybind where we could easily switch scenes without opening up studio while streaming. It would definitely those who don’t have two monitors.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

Sorry for the time it's taken to review this. Hotkeys are available to switch between scenes. You can find them in your Twitch Studio general settings under Hotkeys > Scene Management.

4. Would be nice to see maybe a chat overlay for those with single monitors. Something similar to what SLOBS has just a transparent pop-out chat that can go over the game but not hinder your view too much to make it a little easier for those with single monitors to read chat

520 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jax responded

I’m happy to announce that we support an in-game overlay for all Windows users!

You can enable this in the main settings page under “In-Game Overlay”. You will have access to chat, activity feed, stream status and audio information directly on top of whatever game you are capturing.

The overlay will activate if you are capturing a specific game with screen share and only be visible to you – but please note that some games are not compatible with the overlay.

Please try it out and give us feedback! We’re always looking to improve

5. Setting a goal while you're streaming like donations, bits, charities or maybe just followers

400 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As of today you can add a Follower or Subscriber goal directly as a layer in Twitch Studio. Just click “Add Layer” and you should see “Goal” as one of the options. We are planning to iterate on this feature and welcome additional feedback so we can continue to make it better.

For more details, check out this help article: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-studio-creator-goals

6. I love Twitch Studio and I started using only that to stream and record videos, BUT I am really missing transitions between scenes. I know you guys are working on improving the program and I appreciate it a lot but please add the transitions in some of the following updates.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sometimes I'd like to mute specific programs for a stream (i.e. Discord, Chrome, etc). It'd be nice to allow users to adjust specific program volume/mute programs entirely without having to setup an external program.

513 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently launched the Advanced Audio Mixer feature. This feature requires you to install an update to the audio mixer inside the global audio settings page. Once installed, you will be able to add individual applications as audio sources into your audio mixer. This will allow you to control audio being output to your stream on a per-app basis. An easy example to visualize is with the Advanced Audio Mixer, you could add Discord to your audio source list and mute it for your stream, while still hearing it locally on your PC.

In conjunction with this new feature, we also added support to exclude individual audio sources from your Clips and VODs. This setting is available in the audio source settings when adding or editing audio sources.

Lastly, we also added a “Sound Check” mode that allows you to play back the exact audio being output to your stream.…

8. have each alert have its own duration! like follow can be 5 seconds and a raid can be 10

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You can set the duration of each alert by clicking Edit Scene, then going to the Alerts layer, and finally mousing over to Edit Alert in the right-hand panel. Once on the pop-up Edit Alert menu is open, you can click through each alert and set the duration of its on-screen duration individually. Thanks for your suggestion.

9. Would love to see a way to test what my alerts look like before I get on the stream. Just adding a simple button that runs the alert on the Stream Preview page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

You should be able to preview your alerts through the Edit Scene screen. To preview each individual alert, please use the Edit Alert button on the right-hand panel to pull up the pop-up menu and review each type.

10. What just occurred to me.
    I use streamlabs.
    If I put Spotify on a different soundtrack & then mute it in the recording function (when I record it to make a video for myself) then I can hear music in the stream but the music would be missing in the recording. Wouldn't that be great for Twitch Studio?
    If you would combine that directly with uploading the Vod?
    Theoretically, you could listen to music in the stream and when you upload it, the music is excluded directly because the music track was muted in the settings. In VOD that means…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Apologies for the time it's taken to review your suggestion. I'd like to let you know this is possible with the installation of the Advanced Audio Mixer, as this feature allows you to mute on an app-basis. This is an in-app installation available by heading to your Twitch Studio general settings under Audio. For more information, please head over to our help article.

11. Same as some of the other default layouts, "starting soon" is an essential layout. It would also be an added bonus to have a timer built in, since creating your own is really daunting and can get a bit too technical for the average new streamer.

364 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is now available as a default scene – just click “Add Scene” and you will see it in the list of default scene templates to choose from. There is also a countdown layer that can be used to create your own version of this scene from scratch.

12. I would very much like you to have the option to mark the audio tracks that I want to record for VOD, and which audio tracks I want to be transmitted on live, similar to what you have on OBS.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there, in December 2020 we announced that we are able to support alternate VOD audio tracks. 

13. What I mean by a goal kind of thing I mean like a donation amount like showing what their money is going towards and like the number and a bar to show how close you are to make it to the goal.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Maybe you could add a game overlay for notifications while in-game, or maybe a chat the streamer and chat can see during a stream. For Example if I am playing a game, and i get a follower, it would show a notification on my screen. This would help streamer with a single monitor.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

You can enable the In-Game Overlay in your general settings (the cogwheel on the bottom right of the window). For more information please refer to our help article.

15. It would be so much more convenient to integrate the Twitch Stream Info section of our stream dashboard with the Twitch Studio tool so we could manage stream start notification messages, categories, etc. from the Studio app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. It would be nice to be able to duplicate a layout/scene so I can just repurpose it a bit for another usecase (e.g. I love the default "be right back" layout and I wanted to use the same thing to match a "starting soon" layout, but since the duplicate feature wasn't available, I had to try and attempt to recreate the same layout from scratch. Continuity is very important for branding.

184 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can duplicate a scene or layer by right clicking and selecting “Duplicate”. You can also use Ctrl C + Ctrl V to copy/paste on Windows or right click copy and paste.

17. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

You should be able to customize the image for each alert by clicking Edit Scene, then going to Alerts layer, and finally to Edit Alert on the right-hand panel. Once on the pop-up Edit Alert menu is open, you can click through each alert and upload your desired image.

18. Being able to customize the alerts more independently such has having separate duration times, or having a gif for one and another different sized images.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    You may edit each alert type independently. Click Edit Scene, then go to the Alerts layer, and finally over to Edit Alert in the right-hand panel. Within the pop-up menu, you can click through each alert and set the sound, duration, and image, etc. of each type of alert, individually. Hope that helps.

19. alerts con immagini e audio personalizzati.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,
    To customize alert sounds and images, click Edit Scene, then go to the Alerts layer, and finally over to Edit Alert in the right-hand panel. Within the pop-up menu, you can click through each alert and adjust it accordingly with your chosen image and sound. For more information on supported files for sounds and images, please review our help article.

20. I'd be really nice to have support for NDI sources for people that use it

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As JelloFoo mentioned in a comment, this has been supported for a while now. You can simply add an active NDI source as a screen share layer.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?