Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

30 results found

1. there can be a option to not to see some streamers on main page ,maybe you have it on your app or not but on pc at web browser i dont want to see some streamers on my main page sny more ,add dont show it button pls .thank you. i hope i could explaint it to you with my broken english :))thanks for all

62 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

There is an option similar to what you described. If you do not agree with a certain stream being recommended to you, click on the three dots below the player and select "Not Interested". This will remove it from being shown to you again.

2. Hi, is there a way to ignore certain channels/streamers like on youtube I can choose to not recommend/show this channel to me. This is mostly because sometimes certain streamers talk about topics find unpleasant, such as about tiktok and the horrific things they see on there. I would rather not see those streamers in my list so I don't have to think about those negative things they talk about at times. (negative things are like talking about animal abuse etc)

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Sorry it took a while to get to answer you on this. Yes, there is. Click on the "⋮" icon below the channel (you an also do this for categories) and select "Not Interested". This will remove it from your recommendations. If you ever change your mind or make a mistake, you can adjust the channels you have marked to not show in your recommendations by going to your account settings. Thanks.

3. You should be able to block a category just like you can block a stream and a user.

For example, some people don't want to see naked streams and categories in their recommendations.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Just as you can with channels, you can click on the "⋮" icon below the category that is being recommended to you either on the Front Page or in the Browse tab when filtering categories by "Recommended for You" and select "Not Interested". This will remove it from your recommendations. If you ever change your mind or make a mistake, you can adjust the channels/categories you have marked to not show in your recommendations by going to your account settings. Thanks.

4. Stop suggesting Russian streams if you watch Ukrainian ones.

I understand this is how machine learning works, but please special case that, since it’s offending to most Ukrainians.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello there,

For recommended streams, you can click on the three buttons and indicate that you are "Not Interested" in the content to help the system learn your preferences. Thank you.

5. I would love to see a site wide discoverability feature that universally lets me or any user "hide streams that are all 18+ content. " With a very simple toggle button to hide those channels.

In addition to this, having all 18+ content not visible in any discovery page if a user is not logged in to the site.

to clarify: 18 plus content may or may not include just hot tub streams, political or sensitive topics, graphic video games, etc.

Being able to quickly toggle and categorize these channels either universally help create targeted ads for these channels, or…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. How about NOT slamming everyone with more commercials. YouTube here I come!!!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Recommendations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mobile provides the ability to press a button and tell Twitch that you are not interested in a recommendation either because of the channel or category. I would like this to also be implemented onto Desktop and/or for a refresh button to be prompted with a new set of recommendations.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. the three dots on recommendation re not interested are not there,

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

For clarity, you must be browsing categories by "Recommended for You" to be able to select "Not Interested". When you're browsing by views, this option will not be available, as it is based on view counts, not recommendations. Thanks.

9. Make it easier to block twitch account and also specific games/categories. I'm tired of channels I don't care about showing up in my recommended and having no way to remove them from there. I don't think this message will even by seen by anyone who can do about it. Twitch doesn't care about me as a user. Things are made deliberately difficult to find in an attempt to frustrate the user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Click on the "⋮" icon below the channel (you an also do this for categories when browsing recommendations on the Front Page or "Recommended for You" filter in the Browse tab) and select "Not Interested". This will remove it from your recommendations. If you ever change your mind or make a mistake, you can adjust the channels you have marked to not show in your recommendations by going to your account settings. Another alternative is using /block chat command and inputting the channel you want to block. Thanks.

10. Deberían poder permitir que EN SERIO uno pueda bloquear cuentas que no le interesan seguir.
    Supuestamente buscando el perfil y en los tres puntos, se debería poder hacer, pero sólo tienen dos botones de "Denunciar"
    Y no me interesa denunciar, sólo NO QUIERO ESTAR VIENDO PENDEJOS en las sugerencias.

Admin audit: Removed PII mentioning other user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Click on the "⋮" icon below the channel and select "Not interested". This will remove it from your recommendations. Thanks.

11. If someone blocks a game, don't show it in the recommended bar

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To whom it may concern, on behalf of an independent developer fond of videogames.

Regardless of the use of my words and whether a similar strategy has already been considered in this regard, I present to you the occurrences in my head that arose after a certain event.

It turns out that I recently participated in a Game Jam that was organized in itch.io, an open marketplace for independent digital game creators.

The name of this "contest" was Paint Jam 2021 in the following web address you can find everything related to this event https://itch.io/jam/paint-jam-2021.

Video games were made…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Is that possible to add a block channel to see disappear channel that we don't want to see in recommendation and more.

Thx in advance

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there!

When it comes to channels that you are recommended you are welcome to click the three dots next to the stream title and from there, there is an option to click ‘not interested’ this means you will not be shown this stream in the future for recommendations.

You are always welcome report the channel as well if you feel they are making content against Twitch’s TOS.

Hope this helps!

14. I am frustrated that I saw some streamers and content I did not want to see on my discover pages. I want to come on to twitch and have a completely wholesome experience - how do I get all unwholesome and creepy content away and never before my eyes here? I looked at all the settings and only saw the ability for auto moderation in chat. Please help : (

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Click on the "⋮" icon below the channel when browsing recommendations on the Front Page and select "Not Interested". Another alternative is using /block chat command and inputting the channel you want to block. This will remove it from your recommendations. Thanks.

15. Why i cant say i want not this suggested Game/Channel/Language? Support say there are ... and you can do this but there istn a way for me.

I get alsways english channel, i want only german languages. It complete nervese me - > Ther is no ... (The only ... are in Channels itselfs for reporting stuff)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

You need to click on the three dots by a video and choose "Not Interested". Another alternative is using /block command on a channel. This will keep it from showing in your recommendations, as well.

16. I've been streaming for 3 years, putting out hundreds of hours per month and was growing relatively consistently for the first two years. Within the last year my push has completely halted, every ounce of growth I got was completely minimized. I'm at wits end and I dont know what to do anymore. Is this a backend thing? Am I shadow banned?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. He's out-of-touch with the community and the broadcasters that built the Twitch brand. Talent is leaving the company because he is neglecting the employees, streamers, and viewers. There needs to be a better balance between profits, pay, features, discoverability, and basic human reasoning.

Save Twitch.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. To be able to hide channels that do not appear in the recommended list. I don't want to see themes or channels that I don't like, certain channels or how many people see them, I don't want to know anything about them. Why do I have to be forced to see its existence every time I open twitch? This is something very annoying that will make you stop using this platform

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Please add "Do not recommend this channel" button like YouTube.
    Some channel's Icon annoying me.
    I don't want to see those.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

To remove a channel from your recommendations, click on the "⋮" icon below the channel and select "Not interested". This should keep it from showing up. 

20. Erleichterung zur Kanal Empfehlung Einstellung wäre nice

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Recommendations  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1