Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

152 results found

1. I don't think there needs to be a White tag, but it would be really cool to support Black, Indigenous, Asian, etc. (POC) streamers easier by finding them faster with ethnic tags. It might also help POC feel more seen by having more access to their content and representation of their content. Sometimes when raiding people, it's hard to find a certain demographic without tags. I understand this could create echo chambers, but perhaps it could also do the opposite by encouraging viewers to check out these tags. It also boosts POC streamers' visibility for others searching for them.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Add "Mood" tags for streams such as Chilled, Hyped, Cosy, Chatty so people can search for the kind of vibe they are looking for, and also streamers can let people know the vibe of their stream.

This will help people find streams and viewers that are more suited to them and what they are after :)

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey all!

Just popping in to let you guys know that we now have Chilled, Hyped, Cozy and Chatty available as tags on Twitch!

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to Twitch!

3. Being able to quickly unfollow people on your follows page. Sometimes I go through phases and follow a bunch of people doing "x". I then get over that phase and want to unfollow them quickly. Maybe have the 3 dots by their thumbnail that shows a quick drop down to unfollow/unsub/sub etc. Or a heart by their thumbnail to unfollow like so : https://i.imgur.com/AYUtPXZ.png

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Creative and IRL used to be categories on Twitch. Everything that wasn't games was in Creative. This means everything from Bob Ross to ASMR (let's be real that's the same thing.) was all in one place and entirely unsearchable.|

Twitch broke up Creative and IRL into a bunch of new and rad categories to help discoverability. This included Music, Art, Beauty, Food, Just Chatting, Tabletops, ASMR, Science & Technology, and others. This category splitting really helped a lot of smaller communities grow. It was easier to find new and interesting streamers because you could now discover them in an otherwise…

4,731 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. It would be cool if there was a „App Development“ Category for all the Android and iOS development projects. It is currently not possible to find such streams, you have to scroll endlessly through the „Science & Technology“

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. resin - I've found a lot of resin artists, including myself, doing this more on stream. Alas, there is no tag to share with everyone - that we're doing it.

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Excited to share that we now have a Resin tag live on Twitch.

Thank you so much for your feedback on this and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to Twitch!

7. Hey everyone! I started a couple weeks ago my embroidery work. But sadly there is no Embroidery-Tag. I found tags like Crochet oder Knitting. Even Cross Stitch is listed. But Embroidery is missing. And I talked to some embroidery artist who are streaming on Twitch too. They miss the Embroidery-Tag too.
    Furthermore I had some people in my stream who told me, that they started doing embroidery work and were looking for inspiration and advises on twitch. An Embroidery Tag would help them really out, to find what they are looking for.
    Thank you very much in advance for a…

81 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Super excited to share that we now have an Embroidery tag on Twitch! As someone who has recently gotten into embroidery I’m really excited to find streams with this tag! You can use it on your own stream or filter by the tag here: https://www.twitch.tv/directory/all/tags/f7f1750d-4410-4b95-bb11-60ec5d3765f2

Thank you so much for the feedback and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to Twitch.

8. There are a growing number of gamedev streams on Twitch, and while there's a tag within Science & Technology for "Unreal Engine", a good chunk of these streams use the just-as-popular Unity engine, and would benefit from having their own tag.
    I'd also suggest adding tags for other somewhat common engines like Godot and others I may not know about (mobile engines?), but Unity is definitely as popular as Unreal and deserves its own tag by now.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Just wanted to reach out and let everyone know that we now have an Unreal Engine tag now on Twitch.

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see on Twitch.

9. A game "Black Mesa" from dev/publisher Crowbar Collective is missing from the game categories.

Would be happy to get a right category to stream to.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. there are two Pokémon showdown categories , one being "Pokémon Showdown" and the other being "Pokémon Showdown!". There being 2 separate categories for the game is confusing and makes no sense.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback!

We have removed the duplicate Pokémon Showdown! game.

11. The number of study/co-working streamers has increased dramatically over the last few months and co-working is likely to become a very popular niche on twitch! Many people now work or study from home and the co-working community is a very welcoming and friendly place. Please add a tag so we can identify ourselves and make it easier for like-minded people to find us!
    Thank you
    ~AndRumpleteazer

782 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Excited to announce that we now have a coworking tag on Twitch!

Thank you so much for your feedback on this! Please let us know if you have any other tags you would like to see on Twitch.

12. A category for people streaming cooking, baking, cake decorating, etc.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I see why it is good for streamers and viewers, but can we have an option to sort them by viewers not watch time. There is just something that triggers me whenever I am looking at numbers and they are not sorted Highest to lowest or vice versa. I again I just ask for adding an option not reverting. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Twitch on January 12th merged the categories for Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros. 2.

These are completely separate games with completely separate gameplay, streamers, and audiences. The merging seems to be done by mistake as they both share similarities in their naming variants, Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels often called Super Mario Bros. 2 (Japan) as it was the original sequel released in Japan only.

On IGDB, both Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels and Super Mario Bros. 2 have separate categories, so this seems to have been done via manual intervention on Twitch…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback!

We actually addressed this by bringing back both categories back in January, but forgot to close this out.

15. We need this Categorie for Darts-Streamers that plays "Real-Life" Darts Online against other Players all over the world. This Categorie was deleted last week.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  49 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wayfarer is a site where some selected Pokemon Go and Ingress Players can review pokestops and or portal nominations. Is like a mini game and is very addictive.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. This game was removed as a category last year, with the justification that it is technically a remake of Kirby's Adventure. This game is extremely different from the "original", sharing no underlying code or game feel. This is similar to (and arguably more clear than) how Pokemon FireRed/LeafGreen are different from Pokemon Red/Blue, and those games have been correctly reinstated as their own category after previously having been merged.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Currently the game category Auto Chess is featuring two completely different games (Dota Auto Chess and Auto Chess). It's confusing for new players and hurting each games ability to grow a following. Dota Auto Chess is a mod of Dota and has no cross play/relation to Auto Chess other than name and developers. Auto Chess is completely separate standalone game that deserves its own category.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Currently, despite the rhythm game Etterna being listed in IGDB, it is not a Twitch category. This should be added as a category, as it is currently causing confusion with a completely different game, Eterna, which is a puzzle game about RNA folding that has its own category.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I stream "stationery" streams in the Makers & Crafting section. This includes things like showing how I write and decorate my journal, explain what makes a new fountain pen special, or set up my bullet journal for the new month. I'd love to see tags added for myself and others to make that content type stand out.

These tags could include "Stationery," "Journaling," and "Planning." I know others in the community are interested in streaming stationery on Twitch, and I think this would help us build more of a community.

465 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all! 

Thanks so much for the feedback on adding these tags. I'm happy to share that we now have 'journaling', 'planning', and 'stationery' all as their own tags on Twitch now. 

Let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to the site! 

• Don't see your idea?