Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Chat

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Chat

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

5 results found

1. To help reduce the blatant and increasing violations of the harassment policy on Twitch, you should implement a new feature that allows a channel to prevent users from participating in their chat if the account is under a certain age, which could be specified specified by the channel.

Currently, it's easy for a user to create temporary email and Twitch accounts and harass a live streaming account under the guise of anonymity. This would add a much needed barrier to entry without requiring a user to follow or subscribe to be apart of a channel. The code currently exists for…

1,584 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Danky responded

Hello everyone! Apologies for missing this post - but good news! Now creators can enable phone/email verification for a designated amount of time to verify their chatters. 

You can find more information in our blog: https://blog.twitch.tv/en/2021/09/29/securing-your-chat-with-phone-and-email-verification/ 

Thank you all for the feedback!

2. Currently we have all kinds of ways to block various people from chatting, except the most important one: People avoiding bans by creating new accounts.

Thus we should have a new mode that only allows users with "established" accounts to chat, i.e. the account must be reasonably old.

Continuing with the theme of follower-only mode this should likely be configurable, with the number of days since an account was created for the user to be able to talk.

Suggestions for default: 7, 30, 90, and 180.

Even requiring 7 days since the account was created will make it significantly more…

594 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

This suggestion was addressed by implementing Chat Verification Settings. More information can be found in our help article here - thank you!

3. I think it would be beneficial to allow mods to highlight messages in chat without the use of channel points, to allow them to broadcast messages to the chat an unlimited amount of times. Another related idea is mods being able to pin a message at the top of chat, in a similar position to the hype train. These could work as "/broadcast (message)"

145 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a follow button to the in chat user interface. We now have the ability as a streamer or viewer to add friends, whisper, gift sub, see previous messages etc. but no ability to follow directly from chat. It would save multiple clips and the additional need of opening another tab. Personally I have other streamers come into my chat and I want to follow them right then while I'm live.

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hey everyone!

We’re happy to announce that this feature has been added! Thank you, as always, for the suggestion, and do let us know of any feedback you have for us in the future. Have a great day!

5. Example: If I am in a channel and then move from desktop to phone app after loading channel in the phone app I am presented with a fresh clear chat. The feature that could be added is where even if I move from desktop to phone app and still going back to the channel. I should be able to see all the conversations and chat logs that occurred during the move from desktop to phone app.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?