Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Charity

ATTENTION! Regarding charity requests...

The charity tool is now fully integrated with the PayPal Giving Fund, so if your charity is registered there, you should be able to find it to start a fundraising campaign. In the case you find your charity missing, please reach out to the organization regarding registering with the PayPal Giving Fund. You can learn more about how to sign up your charity here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-charities. For more information on Twitch’s Charity Tool, please feel free to access our FAQ Help Article: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-faqs.

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea to check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Upvoting existing ideas will increase the weight behind the idea, as opposed to multiple similar requests (we will combine these anyway)
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information
If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Charity

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

144 results found

1. Buenas. realizar algunos stream solidarios para asociaciones que no aparecen en su lista. Como por ejemplo Argos_Leon( https://argosleon.es/nosotras/ ), pero también para temas de salud como ALCER(Asociación de enfermos Renales) ONT(Organización Nacional de Trasplantes)
    ¿Cómo podría hacerlo? Gracias.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Alright Twitch, let's go on this ride again. There is a multitude of hate groups in your charity tool and it is simply unacceptable.

You claim you can do "thorough research" to determine if a group is acceptable to be on your platform or not, so I'll focus on listing some of them and you can do your job :)

• Alliance Defending Freedom
    • Chalcedon Foundation
    • The Salvation Army of Greater Charlotte
    • The Salvation Army (There's 5 of them)
    • Salvation Army National Corporation
    • The Salvation Army, Miami Adult Rehabilitation Center
    • The Salvation Army a Georgia Corporation
    • The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation…
    49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. The creation of a Twitch Charity extension would enable streamers to add a panel to their "About Me" area which automatically displays the names of all the charities they have raised money for, the total amount raised for each one, and perhaps the date the fundraiser ended. This would be a wonderfully helpful feature!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. I moderate for a blind streamer and the notifications show in chat, but as my blind streamer uses TTS to read chat out loud to him. If a mod is not there, he's unable to see who has donated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  5. We shouldn't have to create a UserVoice for every hate group "charity" that we find in the charity search.

Since Twitch isn't going to vet all the organizations it adds to the charity search, please add a report button to each charity description so that we can notify you of them and not have to go through UserVoice again and again.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Beats 4 Hope, Inc website is listed incorrectly in the website info. It should be for more information go to www.beats4hope.com - currently it's going to my dashboard - Thank U About

Bringing people and music together to make a difference

US

Visit Website

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It would be nice to have some UK based charities and smaller charities like preschools I have one based in my village which is charity based called foulsham and bintree playgroup it would be nice to be able to support them when I streamed on Facebook they used to have a section where you could type the charity name in and it would find it because they are charity registered that was about the only good thing about streaming on Facebook

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Before all you "bully fans" go after me, I'm from a country where these dogs are banned for a good reason. Pits, bullys or whatever they're rebranded as this week are fighting dogs (not nanny dogs as some folks claim) they're bred to be violent. Just as retrievers will retrieve, pits will fight and attack. It's a proven fact. There are countless examples of them attacking other dogs, cats and children unprovoked, causing catastrophic harm.

Any charity advocating for them should not be supported by Twitch's charity platform.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Twitch has stated time and time again that they do not make money from charity streams. While this is technically true insofar as donations using the tool are concerned, from my reading of the FAQ, they still make money from their cut of subscription fees, bit sales, and advertisements run during charity streams.

While bit sale profits are hard to manage because of its nature as a currency that can be bought at any time from any or no channel, and subscriptions may be hard from a logistics standpoint to funnel Twitch's take to the charity, there is an easy…

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I was super excited to see that PANCAN -
    Pancreatic Cancer Action Network was added to the list of charities, however, with the way PANCAN does their charity drives on their website, there is no way to link the two together. For example if I set up a Fundraiser on my Twitch Channel, the donations wouldn't go to https://charity.hyflicker.com (redirect to my donation page on PANCAN's site). So my suggestion, if possible, is to maybe have an optional way to link the donations to go to those fundraiser profiles that way we can get credit for helping raise the money…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Seeing as how the feature's still fairly new, I understand options are still rolling out. At any rate, it would be nice to be able to enter in a link for a specific charity/nonprofit's donation page, whether through PayPal or GoFundMe, to keep track of an overall goal.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The new charity stream idea is awesome!

I would like to see a way to link to the donation page without having to go through my channel to get there. This will allow people to donate more efficiently through 3rd party apps like Twitter, Discord, etc. as well as allow other streamers to support the fundraiser by linking to the donation page directly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. We're an Amazon Smile charity, verified 501(c)(3), listed on Guidestar, but can't get added to Twitch? What's up with that?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Why are you creating an entire new set of hoops for non-profits to jump through, when most of us are already registered, vetted, and verified with Amazon Smile.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Creators have the option to create Follower Goals and Subscriber Goals so their community can keep track of progress. While you can keep track of progress directly on Twitch chat and the donation panel, what if creators had an overlay asset to showcase on their streams as well?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This is a huge part for fundraising.
    Knowing when a donation comes in, showing it on screen and bringing the hype!
    Calling out the donators and thanking them.

Right now, as a content creator, you don't see it unless you have the chat popped out and even then, it's easy to miss.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like to see a few UK/Global charities added to the feature such as ones for Autism and music

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please include the option to donate in your app.... Not only on your web version of twitch. That would mean allot & would generate way more charitable donations.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Give charities the ability to launch a Twitch Channel with a badge (e.g. :bleedpurple:) and instead of a subscribe button offer a SUPPORT button that shows the option to make a donation or start a fundraising campaign.

Allow charities to create events that are visible in the creator dashboard -- this would be useful right now (September 19th) as creators are looking for ways to support PR and if they fundraise on Twitch instead of Tiltify or StreamLabs the funds are not earmarked specifically for PR.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We should be able to create or use Charity Emotes but it not effect our existing emotes to our dashboard or streams. Basically additional emotes for the greater good. - AMP

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?