Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

8 results found

1. Hello,

We are developers of a game "NeosVR" and we have built following of about 1.5K in the last months.

Recently the name has changed to "Solirax", which is incorrect, as it is name of our company:
    https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Solirax

Additionally a new category "Neos VR" has appeared, which has correct name, but fraction of the followers:
    https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Neos%20VR

These correspond to IGDB entries that were seemingly auto-generated.

We'd like to merge those entries, without loosing the 1.5K followers on the incorrect "Solirax" entry.

Will the followers automatically be merged on Twitch if the entries are merged on IGDB? Or is there a…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there!

Apologies for the issues! I believe we already discussed on Discord, we’ve cleaned up and handled the data issues on the database.

As IGDB we unfortunately have no handle on categories or follower count.

Thank you!

2. Many players use the "Shogi" category without having any idea what Pony Canyon is.

Ladies' Professional Shogi_Harbour and I (amateur) recommend this description:
    Traditional Japanese board game similar to chess.

r/twitch moderator ossini suggested (when I inquired about changing the category description):
    Shogi.. as its own category it likely should be an IRL category unless you guys have a specific game you use for it.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Super seducer was recently demmed "erotic" by twitch staff. this is a slippery slope for satire games, as many streamers themselves could be considered "erotic" under the same guidlines of "****** advances/innuendos as the main content of a game" is the primary content of https://www.twitch.tv/austinshow . banning this game means that this streamer as well as https://www.twitch.tv/amouranth and many others should be banned as well

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Currently, logging in while browsing a page will send the user to the Discover page. This should be altered so that logging in, or even signing up, should keep you on the present page. This will make users feel more welcome while motivating newcomers to keep browsing. This is admittedly a rather small issue and the logging in aspect will be largely mitigated once the site is optimized to where users aren't logged out at certain intervals, but still seems significant enough to recommend.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!
    Happy to say this has been resolved! Now when signing back into IGDB we will not be redirected to the homepage, but instead stay on the page you were browsing.

Thank you :)

5. for some time i cannot delete games from my list, i can change status (want/playing/played) but cannot delete it.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hi,

Previously I posted idea of bringing back separate game edition. Most of them I have seen are back but there are still missing pieces.

I recently streamed and speedrun Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and I noticed that the category of that game is no longer there.

The Vanilla Ninja Gaiden 3 and Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge work completely different gameplay and story wise. Razor's Edge is a different edition of a game not just expansion.

Please add this game category back much like how you brought back the rest.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display correct game box art in recently streamed Categories- example Far Cry (original from 2004) displays Far Cry 5 box art (from 2018)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. When clicking on the bell and then again to close the recent message list, its colour stays purple. It reverts when you click anwhere outside the navbar.

Shouldn't this be a hover effect?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?