Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

12 results found

1. Currently only seven classification systems are supported, even though this may cover a "majority" of Classification Systems around the world, at least six classification systems are missing out and some are important to several cultures strict guidelines and customs,

Office of Film and Literature Classification (OFLC - New Zealand)
    (https://www.classificationoffice.govt.nz/)

The Film & Publications Board (FPB - South Africa)
    (https://www.fpb.org.za/)

Indonesian Game Rating System (IGRS - Indonesia)
    (https://igrs.id/)

Game Software Rating Regulations (GSRR - Taiwan)
    (https://www.gamerating.org.tw/)

General Authority for Visual and Audio Media (GCAM - Saudi Arabia)
    (https://www.gcam.gov.sa/pages/32)

Entertainment Software…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi and thank you for your suggestion. These would be interesting to add in the future, but before we do that we want to make sure that we have a good coverage of the ratings that we recently added. After that, we can look into adding more. Thank you!

2. I think the "Want" and "Playing" options are good as they can get, but when it comes to "Played", I think it should be more than that.
    * There are games that I've beaten and/or completed
    * There are games that I started to play, but then I stopped playing and won't get back
    * There are games that I started to play, and took a break from, but I'm planning to get back to them eventually

I don't know the best way to present these buttons on the game pages. For example, when you click the "Played" button, then…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Deferred  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. While this may need a bit of oversight, there are some extremely good examples of documentaries or historical breakdowns of game releases and/or even controversies. These are topics that are not generally covered in the official trailers or dev logs, or even gameplay videos. These videos can lay out a history of why some titles are cancelled, or overhauled, or have a troubled history outside of the game itself.

Examples:

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. On game pages we have "follow" button, would be nice to have same button for companies/publishers, to receive info about upcoming games/releases.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion, there’s some good opportunity there indeed.

We have plans (and needs) to redo how we handle companies, but we also need to rethink how Follows are handled. Right now even follows on game page are underused in terms of potential.

Definitely to be put in consideration when we revisit Companies. Thanks!

5. Can you please add a posibillity to see in the database somehow visually games that you marked as "completed, voted, or played''

Its gonna help to look trough games that you haven't tried yet.

So - i go to the database, see all the games, but the games i completed i can se marked as 'completed' or somehow else - different color, or badged.

i think a lot of people would appreciate it!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! Good suggestion thank you!
    that sounds like it would be a good fit for a List feature improvement indeed.
    Keeping that one in mind! Thanks!

6. There is a variety of arcade games on IGDB, but there is no differentiation between the different arcade hardware. For example, Chunithm and maimai Finale are both on IGDB under the platform of simply "Arcade", despite Chunithm running on the Sega Nu 1.1 board, while maimai Finale runs on the Sega RingEdge 2.

While there are a lot of platforms that would have to be added should this change be made, I do believe that this change follows the mission of IGDB, as the website strives to be a collection of all relevant information for a game, and there are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It's an interesting data point and it might be worth having in the future. However, before adding more in-depth data we want to update our platform page and make sure that the data structure is solid. After that we think it would be worth looking into additional Arcade platforms and differences as well. Thanks!

7. This might sound redundant, but perhaps is would be beneficial to make the Status of a entries "Released" or "In-development" instead of leaving it blank for this development state.

It appears rather common people confuse the terms of Alpha, Beta. etc. for something they need to fill out without understanding what those states are, marking a fully released title as an "Alpha", or leaving a title in perpetual "Early Access" after the full release. Contrary to all other data points of an entry, this is the only one it's encouraged to be left blank, while new users feel compelled to…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! This is not a bad idea, however it is going to be a bit hard to do that with our current set up for statuses. We are worried that it might cause confusion for some contributors that are working on games or adding games that are between stages where "in development" and "released" won't apply. So we would need to think about how to expand this feature carefully before taking action. We will investigate further on this topic. Thanks!

8. I wasn't sure what to use for this and I think that's the point. Puzzle titles like Tetris, Pong, Breakout, and the like are very hard to define in terms of a Theme based on the choices available.

An Abstract Theme might be the best case in these situations.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi! We talked about adding this theme, and we all agreed that it's a good idea. We just have to write clear guidelines around it. We are looking to add this as soon as possible. Thanks!

9. Sometimes users may not log onto the site for a time, while there may be pending questions from Admins that may require feedback or clarification to get approved.

Having the ability to enable Email Notifications for new comments on pending entries could help notify users in a more convenient way.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! There is very much a need for this absolutely. However it wouldn’t be a simple implementation at this point of time.

We’ll definitely stay in touch when we proceed forward!
    thanks

10. This feels topical...

So, when an entry/game submission or edit is rejected and discarded, it's kind of all-or-nothing. If one major thing is wrong with the edit, often the entire submission has to be rejected, just for practical reasons.

It might be beneficial if Admins had the option to select sections of a submission to reject, like Title renames, content deletion, or bad cover art changes while the rest can be approved without the entire entry to be resubmitted..

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That is absolutely correct, and the right way to have in the long term.
    It is however a very complex and time consuming engineering project, and has been postponed due to priority and need to have basis.

That we’ll eventually tackle it is likely, but not in the near future.

11. Have the ability to add links to the Internet Archive where older games can be streamed legally.
    Example: https://archive.org/details/sammax_dos

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Something fairly simple: a "clear all notifications" button on the "Your Notifications" page. I do a lot of editing at once, so it's a bit annoying to have to remove each notification one at a time when I'm bombed with "your change has been approved" messages. Maybe a similar thing for the notification bell button up top as well?

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?