Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. i doubt anyone wants to sit there, download the entire vod, chop their hhd storage in half, and wait for 3 hours to upload their vod to youtube. you guys need let us keep our vods up longer or at least archive them for later use.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. When watching VODs it would be awesome to add some quick rewind/forward controls- eg rewind 10 secs/1min/5min/10min/30min/1hr

With long VODs of many hours, trying to rewind a small amount with mouse and the playbar is difficult- some quick back/fwd preset time buttons would be much more useful

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Currently, you can hit the left and right arrow buttons on your keyboard to either go back/forwards by 10 seconds. Hope this helps.

3. Why not split stream Videos when u change tha Game?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

Currently, when you change the category during a stream, a chapter is created to denote different content in the stream which can be chosen by viewers when watching a VOD. If you have further feedback, please let us know.

4. Some streamers have so much flooding/spam/trash in their chat that it slows down the browser and computer to the point it freezes.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. if you watch a VOD a little preload like in youtube would be great so even if you have shitty internet, there would be a way to watch a 720p VOD

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. On PC it's already possible to decide the speed of the VOD you're watching - not on mobile though. I'd love if it was possible to also do it on mobile.

While we're at it, I'd also like there to be more different speeds - like 1.75, 2.25., 2.5, 3.

Best regads,
    Someone who does not have the time to watch a 4h VOD on mobile while not at home

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

You can change the VOD speed on mobile by clicking into the settings. If you'd like additional speeds, please submit a new suggestion for further consideration. Thank you.

7. I spend so much time making sure that all of my VOD's and highlights have a description that is informative and useful, and I've just noticed it's been removed. Please bring the description back. It's the only way I can reference info I need to convey for that VOD.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Streams tend to last for multiple hours and if you end up doing something awkward while on stream, like showing personal info or something similar, you typically cut the stream and delete the vod. However you might not be local recording and you might have something interesting on your vod that you'd want to highlight, but you don't really want the vod to be up for people to see while you highlight it.

Having the ability to hide the video from public viewing and to be able to highlight stuff from there would be a pretty handy feature.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. On the mobile app, this is already a thing. Scrolling down will show the past 5 viewed streams/VODs, and allow you to easily continue watching where you left off.

On desktop (as far as I'm aware after Googling it), this is not available. Which is especially perplexing since the data and methodology clearly already exists on the mobile app, tied to the exact same account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

On the web version of Twitch, you can find Continue Watching on your Following page. Hope that helps.

10. When I used to stream to twitch (late 2019/early 2020), it would save my past broadcasts for a few days then delete them, which was expected.
    However, at some point, Twitch decided to switch off the "Store past broadcasts" setting on non-partnered/non-verified twitch accounts and they apparently never told anyone?
    I just streamed 4 hours of content which I was expecting to see in my past broadcasts so I could clip content immediately after my stream finished. However, to my surprise, I found NO past broadcasts present on my channel. So my content is essentially gone forever.
    I am very…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The same as when the streamer is live, we move the mouse over the player and it says... playing: (Game) on the top.

Not a very big feature but nice.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Vodcasting is great for sharing videos and past broadcasts when a live stream isn't viable - but I'd also like to see the ability to schedule Vodcasts, and perhaps even attach them to the Events functionality.

For example, if I'll be traveling abroad for a few days, it'd be great to schedule events and unique queues of vods to go live at set times.

That way I don't have to worry about waking up at a certain hour to manually start a vodcast from my hotel room. I can set it, and focus on my trip.

The way I'd envision…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Quiéro recuperar una transmisión en directo que no se ha guardado y no tenía la opción de guardado previamente, es mi primer directo, ayuda porfavor

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Sorry, because Twitch is primarily a live-streaming service, VODs are only kept for a limited amount of time, provide VOD storage has been enabled. Please ensure you have VODs enabled in your settings going forward. Apologies for the inconvenience.

14. i dont know why they removed the ability to download your vods but that really needs to be brought back, i shouldnt need to go through a third party app to be able to download my vod so i can edit it like thats ridiculous. and the download option in my video producer doesnt even download the vod idk what thats even for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Currently, many Korean Twitch users are experiencing a great deal of confusion. As a result, many streamers are considering moving to other platforms. Many users point fingers at each other and blame each other for the obvious reasons for blocking VOD. Twitch's responsibility for this is also responsible for giving a comprehensive answer that he blocked VOD for a variety of reasons unless he says a clear reason. So I'd like to ask Twitch.

Please specify a clearer and more specific announcement about the clear reason for blocking the VOD notified to current Korean Twitch streamers and users and the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

We're sorry for the confusion accompanying the changes that began December 13th, 2022 leading to VOD content being suspended in Korea. This is to ensure that Twitch remains in compliance to Korean legislation in accordance with the Telecommunications Business Act.

For more information regarding the update on VODs within Korea, please visit our blog, as it should hopefully provide a more detailed explanation that may provide some answers for you. If you have any additional questions, please reach out via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport. Our support team will do its best to provide any additional information possible. Thank you for your understanding.

16. Streamed yesterday and today my VOD is not in my dashboard as it normally is. Set to record all past broadcasts and it's always worked fine before. Really sad lost all the work I did yesterday and no one to even ask what's up :(.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Sorry to hear your VOD appears to be lost. Please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv to investigate this and confirm your settings are not causing this.

17. I would like to know why the recordings of my last live broadcasts were automatically deleted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Sorry for the time it took to review your idea. It appears you need some help, though, so we recommend reaching out to our support team at help.twitch.tv. Thanks!

18. hello, I propose to implement this super useful feature, because streaming videos are usually very long.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

You can tune the playback speed of a VOD by clicking on the settings (cog icon) on the bottom right of the player, and clicking on speed. Thanks!

19. I LOVE TWITCH VODs but its real hart to keep track of wehre you stop or waht you all rdy watched! Pls over work the VOD Sektion maybe give a option on the main page to get fast to the vods or something else.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Why my last stream didn't saved ?????? It was a 9.30 hr stream and I had some nice highlights !! Now it's all gone !!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?