Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Studio

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Studio

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

6 results found

1. Sometimes I'd like to mute specific programs for a stream (i.e. Discord, Chrome, etc). It'd be nice to allow users to adjust specific program volume/mute programs entirely without having to setup an external program.

513 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

22 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jax responded

We recently launched the Advanced Audio Mixer feature. This feature requires you to install an update to the audio mixer inside the global audio settings page. Once installed, you will be able to add individual applications as audio sources into your audio mixer. This will allow you to control audio being output to your stream on a per-app basis. An easy example to visualize is with the Advanced Audio Mixer, you could add Discord to your audio source list and mute it for your stream, while still hearing it locally on your PC.

In conjunction with this new feature, we also added support to exclude individual audio sources from your Clips and VODs. This setting is available in the audio source settings when adding or editing audio sources.

Lastly, we also added a “Sound Check” mode that allows you to play back the exact audio being output to your stream.…

2. i would like to can chose wich aplication's sounds the viewers can hear on the stream

Admin audit: Changed "wich" to "which" for ease w/ finding idea.

107 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

24 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,
    With the help of the Advanced Audio Mixer, you may mute this feature allows you to control your audio sources on a per-app basis. To use this feature, an in-app installation is required, available via the Twitch Studio general settings under Audio. For more information, please head over to our help article.

3. Allow us to pick what Audio device is being used (Currently you can only select Input Devices)

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jax responded

You can select between all of your audio devices and specify a primary microphone + any additional secondary devices in the audio mixer.

4. Add push to talk buton like in obs , we have just option to mute and unmute

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

You should be able to set up push to talk by visiting your Studio settings (cog wheel in the bottom right corner). Scroll to Audio Input Management and there you'll find Push to talk. Hit Record to set your personalized key bind.

5. What just occurred to me.
    I use streamlabs.
    If I put Spotify on a different soundtrack & then mute it in the recording function (when I record it to make a video for myself) then I can hear music in the stream but the music would be missing in the recording. Wouldn't that be great for Twitch Studio?
    If you would combine that directly with uploading the Vod?
    Theoretically, you could listen to music in the stream and when you upload it, the music is excluded directly because the music track was muted in the settings. In VOD that means…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Apologies for the time it's taken to review your suggestion. I'd like to let you know this is possible with the installation of the Advanced Audio Mixer, as this feature allows you to mute on an app-basis. This is an in-app installation available by heading to your Twitch Studio general settings under Audio. For more information, please head over to our help article.

6. I would very much like you to have the option to mark the audio tracks that I want to record for VOD, and which audio tracks I want to be transmitted on live, similar to what you have on OBS.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there, in December 2020 we announced that we are able to support alternate VOD audio tracks. 

• Don't see your idea?