Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Bits

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Bits

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

1. Once subscribed to a channel, a user will get access to the normal unlocked things but also access to a new tab next to "Gift Subs" called "Gift Bits." Gifting bits directly through a channel the viewer is subbed to will provide a discount. For example we'll say $1 = 100 bits. One option would be $1 = 110 bits if subbed...or, you could implement it as .90C = 100 bits.

You could scale bigger discounts based on longevity (consecutive months subbed) or through level of subscription (Tier 1, T2, T3.)

I do not have financial information on twitch but…

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Twitch removed the option to watch ads for bits and I want it back.

Being able to send free earned bits had been an amazing opportunity for those who can not afford it but still want to support their favorite channels.

Taking away that feature for Multiplayer Ads is a huge downgrade, it does not allow each individual to have a freedom of choice with the earned bits as it used to be.

Please bring back Ads for Bits.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Imagine being able to recycle Bits that have been cheered to you. You could either store them in your Bits balance, cash them out via PayPal, or Re-Cheer them to other streamers!

Other streamers, like myself, who are constantly having Bits cheered to us during our own streams would greatly benefit from this feature. It would be a great way for the Twitch community to interact with one another, to support smaller streamers.

Consider that not all streamers need the income. Some only stream for fun, or as a hobby, so the choice should be left up to each individual…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Something new that "could" be added to bits is when any viewer redeems 1 or more loot with Twitch Prime on any affiliate or partner channel, that channel owner could automatically get 0.15% off bits per viewer who have redeemed 1 or more loot when on that channel. It would take 100 viewers redeeming loot to reach 15% off bits for that specific channel.

The cap of the percentage off bits for the channel owner could be 5%-15%. Once a channel reaches the cap the channel owner could have one-to-two weeks to buy the bits with a percentage off, from…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a Twitch streamer, I believe these can be improved to make bits a more fun and rewarding options for viewers:

1. Up to 5 Animated emotes as an option for bit emote rewards that streamers can put in any slot.
    2. Allow streamers to give their bot access to using bit emotes. Currently, partnered streamers can give permanent tier 3 subs to bots, but this doesn't give the bot access to bit emotes.
    3. Currently, bit badges go up to 5 million. It should go higher.
    4. Expand the current channel points system to include redemptions with bits

I think these improvements would…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would be nice if there was a setting akin to the setting for sub gifting to no longer show up on the leaderboard. Would probably not be necessary to take away the cheer badges (since you can just choose what badge you want to use).

I know a lot of streamers prefer knowing where love and support came from so they have a slight dislike towards anonymous bits/gifts. But I personally prefer not showing up on the leaderboards when it comes to cheering bits/gifting subs, so I love the setting where you can hide from them for subs, would just…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Have a week or weekend that all bits are doubled or on sale. Maybe for Thanksgiving or Black Friday, or even Christmas. I know this would help everyone involved that the bits are used for.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. There are games within certain niches (e.g. the RPG Maker horror community) with more restrictive licenses on earning money from broadcasts of them than many other games. I'd like the ability to disable and re-enable bits (either whenever the streamer feels or on a per-stream basis) to allow for streaming these games without running the risk of unintentionally breaking their content guidelines by receiving a donation that I have no control over.

YouTube's streaming service offers the ability to freely disable their Super Chats and Super Stickers monetisation, making accidentally breaking usage guidelines in this way much less likely. Currently…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. I would love to see a feature where viewers can Battle with Bits! basically it could be a bit brawl where multiple people go in and more than 1 get the emote or 1v1 bit battle. Basically battling with 1 bit and whoever stops or does not respond the other person received the Channel Specific Emote or Twitch Specific Emote.

A new challenger can then challenge the Bit Battle Winner in order to then gain that Channel Specific Emote. This would increase chances of Hype Trains and be fun to see viewers battling for that emote. I believe it would…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Just add an option that we can use to enable or disable the bits on our channel. It's actually a big mess when someone donates fake/fraud bits to our channels. With big excuses, we are getting ......

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Deberian de poner la opcion de ver anuncios en otros paises no solo en Estados Unidos,asi nosotros apoyariamos a nuestros streamers favoritos mientras que vosotros ganareis mas por publicidad.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I thought of a donation that allows the user to send a private message to his favorite streamer, the streamer being able to respond or not if he wants to.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. giftcheer100 @username should allow you to gift a cheer to someone else and have a relevant alert

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. As the title states, allow channels to add redemptions alongside channel point redemptions and rewards that costs bits instead. Allows for ways to make "premium" rewards and redemptions that also support the streamer.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The idea is that the streamer can setup a challenge, like winning the next game / match or whatever the like. Then people can put in bits, which in case he fulfills this challenge he gest the bits and not if he doesnt. The streamer would need to edit / click manually if he did or not succeded the challenge.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. This option would allow streamers to bank uncashed out bits and use them to donate to other channels, if they want. For example, one of my viewers sends me 500 bits. Those bits are banked and I can use them when making donations in the future.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The ability to subscribe to any channel using a certain number of bits

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Many users like to work towards a badge goal when gifting subs and bits. Total subs gifted in a channel is already tracked each time someone gifts a sub, which allows the user to understand how close they are to the next sub badge (i.e. "PersonA has gifted a sub to PersonB. PersonA has gifted a total of 975 subs in the channel" -> now they know if they gift 25 more subs, they will get the 1K subs badge). I'm proposing something similar for bits, either publicly or locally so that the user can see their total bits contributed…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. To give the streamers more personalization, incorporating functionality to allow a streamer to add custom cheermotes in the same fashion they are able to for channel emotes and bit badges would be beneficial to the growth of a channel.

This would not be a change in the functionality of bit cheering, but rather a change in the cosmetics.

Thank you for your consideration.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. As far as I know there is no way to determine whether a channel has bits rewards emotes (unique and permanent emotes unlocked by spending 1K bits, 5K bits, 10K bits, etc. in that channel) unless the owner or someone with the emote uses it in chat. It apparently can't be looked up in the bits menu for the channel or anywhere else.

I'm not referring to cheer emotes, or to custom bit badges for certain levels that appear next to your username when in that channel, but to permanent emotes that can be used anywhere on Twitch, even if…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?