Authorised access to statistics
Marketing firms looking to sponsor streamers or their managment need accurate statistics for a channel.
They need more information than just scraping the public Twitch API.
- the Twitch API will not distinguish between and embed viewer and a viewer in chat.
- chat activity information
- other metrics that a streamer has access to and theres no way to API style obtain more useful data
Basically, there needs to be an API method to obtain more data about a channel but it has to be scoped naturally.
There should be an API that allows authroised people to collect information about a channel in a secure way.
This would also need to be time limited, since a marketing firm doesn't need forever access, it will just need, say, the last 30 days for a channel.
So a streamer would visit a site, grant access, and then the site can obtain the last 30 day statistics report generated for the 30 days prior to the authentication date.
For streamers management/represetnation then a on going scope would be a better option.
So I'm proposing
- a new analytics package
Two new scopes
- management access - forever access to stats
- marketing access - heres a report for the last 30 days
This would be really powerful for agencies and brands doing sponsorship content on platform.