Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. hello everyone!

im not a big fan of a new hashtag system but ive seen some good in it too

the thing is not everyone put their languange in their hashtags after the update and its hard to filter tons of streamer in a category just to find the languange that i could understand

i mean, i dont think no one is talking in 10+ languange

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

I would like to clarify some confusion about how language works separate to tags. The stream language chosen by the streamer is independent of the custom tags applied by them. Streams matching your language selections will be suggested to you, provided there are live channels with that language selection. Streamers could add in additional values into the custom tags to help, though. For example, for a streamer who has English selected as their stream language may apply a Spanish tag to indicate they know the language as well, although it's not the primary language of the stream. Alternatively, this can help other users to indicate languages that may not yet exist in the site or stream language options to connect streamers and viewers. Hope that helps. For more information on how language works on Twitch, please check out: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/languages-on-twitch?language=en_US#:~:text=When%20browsing%20on%20Twitch%2C%20you,all%20channels%20regardless%20of%20language. Thanks!

2. Custom tags are nice but it's really bad for discovery if I type lgbt in the search bar and find no tags unless the tag is exactly "lgbt", same with literally any other text string, like "they" could return "TheyThem" but also "SheThey", "Playthrough" could return "FirstPlaythrough", "ChallengePlaythrough", "CasualPlaythrough"

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

We've implemented custom tag suggestions which (1) reduce the chances of manual errors made by streamers when adding tags to their stream info and (2) allow viewers to more-intuitively explore existing tags to find content relevant to their interests! We hope this addition addresses your concerns. Please feel free to provide us with feedback (https://link.twitch.tv/CustomTagsFeedbackUV), so that we can continue improving the ability for streamers and their communities to connect!

3. It's no longer possible to search streams with "platformer", you can search the game categories and then look at all the streams within that category, but you can't look at all the streams of all the "platformer" categories. Same for any genre, this is very very bad for discovery and actually a severe step backwards, I would argue more backwards than custom tags bring us forwards

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

We have launched custom tag suggestions. Suggestions for custom tags (1) reduce the chances of manual errors made by streamers when adding tags to their stream info and (2) allow viewers to more-intuitively explore existing tags to find content relevant to their interests! We hope this will help address your concerns regarding being able to search through all streams etc. Please feel free to provide us with feedback (https://link.twitch.tv/CustomTagsFeedbackUV), so that we can continue improving the ability for streamers and their communities to connect!

4. First, the custom tags are going to and have been making discoverability worse. With no presets people are just spread out over several variations of the same thing. It's more confusing now. For example the variations: LGBT, LGBTQ, LGBTQIA, LGBTQIAPLUS (Because for some reason we can't put +). I think most of us would have just been happy with the extra 5 tags.
    Next, the drops tag should still be automatic. I don't know if this is a bug or how they meant to have it now. But the drops tag has not been applied to eligible streams during the…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Thanks for your feedback. With the latest launch for custom tags, suggestions have been added to the feature, so there will be presets. Additionally, I wanted to address that the "Drops enabled" tag should be automatically applied to any stream that is participating in a Drops stream with the developer. Thank you.

5. In the new twitch tag interface it won't let me put "BackseatingAllowed", which used to be one of the standard tags. The content moderation on tag names is WAY too aggressive!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. You need to get rid get tags. We as humans don't deserve tags, you need pertain the other side of tags, and something we don't deserve, so get rid of them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. It's literally bigotry

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

Sorry to hear an offensive tag has emerged in the midst. If you see a user implementing an inappropriate tag, please file a report. This will ensure both the user and tag are reviewed by our moderation team.  Thank you so much.

8. Tags should be saved, especially for the language. I watch the most German streams and have to enter this again and again in the tags. This is super annoying and should be fixed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

With the latest launch of suggestions for custom tags, tag input should remain, unless you remove the tag. Thanks.

9. Go back to the Old Way of using tags!!! The new version is really bad not to mention bugged! If you try to add a second tag while having a language tag on, which it claims that you Can do, it just says Sorry, you Can only use one tag. Really makes the app completely and utterly useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey,

I was testing this out and was able to add multiple languages as tags. Please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv to investigate and troubleshoot this issue you're facing. Thank you.

10. It would be great, if we could just create new tags as we would like to have, and end this hopeless begging for any tag here.

Options:
    1) We create tags whatever we want to create if it would be a new one
    2) We create new tags, but Twitch reviews it in 24hours or so. But review only that the new tag is not against the rules (like hate speech, etc.) and do not restrict content.

But please do not add auto moderation in English, because then people outer of USA will have trouble as usual.

Oh yes...hm...and during…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I used to have an option to Restrict my Streams into English... This has not been possible for last month with neither Chrome nor Explorer.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?