Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Discover

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Discover

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

152 results found

1. Recently there has been a change from ethnicity based tags to country based tags (ex. Puerto Rican became Puerto Rico, Cuban became Cuba, Filipino became Philippines). Dominicans have been completely erased as there was not even a tag for the Dominican Republic added, just Dominica, and they are not the same country.

This leaves many of us who identify with a certain ethnicity but do not actually live in that country in a weird spot. We should be able to proudly show our ethnicity regardless of where we live. I think that both tags are useful so I would keep…

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  mouse responded

Thanks so much for sharing this feedback. We took a look at our tags list and understood where you’re coming from. While we originally made this change to better differentiate from our language tags, the change to country names wasn’t clear. We’re sorry for any frustration this change has caused.

Thanks to your feedback, we’ve reinstated tags including Filipino, Cuban, Dominican Republic and Puerto Rican. If there are other tags you would like to see, please submit them individually in a new post. We appreciate all the feedback you and others have shared to help us improve the Tags experience!

2. The Quadstick is a joystick designed for people that are handicapped and have very limited or no use of their hands to play video games. With the Quadstick a person uses a joystick and sip/puff buttons with their mouth to play video games. It would be great to add this tag so people streaming using the Quadstick can show other handicapped people their videos using the Quadstick to play video games. Thank you!

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey all! 

Super excited to share that we now have a 'Quadstick' tag on Twitch. Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know of any other tags you would like to see added to the site. 

3. Well i think we femboys should get our own tag too, we do exist and should be able to show us better too <3

100 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Danky responded

Hello everyone! Thank you for bringing this feedback to us.

I've discussed this with the appropriate teams here at Twitch and they've let me know that you should now be able to use this as a tag! Learn more about using tags here.

Again, thank you for giving us your valuable feedback and making Twitch the best place to stream!

4. A veteran tag would allow the various veteran streaming communities to find each other, and assist each other better. Many veterans stream to help others fighting PTSD, trauma, and veteran suicide.

333 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. As a type 1 diabetic I quite enjoy meeting other diabetics and discussing the various challenges and experiences we share.

It's helpful to discover other type 1 diabetics, as it combats the sense of isolation you can experience, and often can help normalise the struggles.

There are approximately 1.6m Americans with type 1 diabetes, in my short time on twitch I have personally encountered 10 fellow type 1 diabetics which I believe shows a relatively high density on the platform.

I suggest both a type-1diabetes tag and a type-2-diabetes tag. I feel it's important to differentiate between the two and…

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Excited to share that we now have Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes tags live on Twitch.

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to the site!

6. Satanism both theistic and non-theistic is a growing and expanding religion and set of beliefs. There are numerous streamers out there who are members of the many different sects, including myself, and we would love to see this added as another tag to help represent us better.

With the addition of other religious groups such as Christianity, Atheism, and Paganism, it would be nice to be included.

92 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello there! Wanted to give an update on this that the “Satanist” tag is now live on Twitch.

Thank you all so much for your feedback on this, and please let us know if there are other tags you’d like to see in the future!

7. Add a "Parents" tag so we can find each other on Twitch and share advice and be perpetually exhausted together.

103 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Just letting you guys know that the Parent tag is now live on Twitch!

Thank you so much for your feedback on this and please let us know if there are any tags you would like to see added to the site!

8. Add a tag or tags such as Polygamy or Polyamory and Polyamorous for streamers who are poly and streams discussing it on an open platform.

106 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Excited to share that we now have a Polyamorous tag on Twitch!

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know if there are any tags you would like to see added to the site!

9. 2S folks deserve representation too!

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Super excited to share that we now have a Two-Spirit tag now on Twitch!

Thank you so much for your feedback on this. Please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to Twitch.

10. Spirituality / Metaphysics are encompassing terms for ideas revolving around the nature of reality and the role of conscious experience in it. While more prevalent today in eastern philosophy, these ideas are EXTREMELY popular and on the rise on Youtube (through the likes of Alan Watts to name 1 of TONS of examples) and have been around / echoed in some way by every human civilization through time. Unfortunately, at the moment there isn't a tag available for it.

Thank you.

98 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  12 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The Touhou Category got removed or renamed, removing it would be very detrimental to the community on twitch.

623 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  mouse responded

Thank you for letting us know about this! We’ve restored this category and fixed its followers. Sorry for the frustration!

12. Our community would like to see the Multiple Sclerosis tag as an option for them to use.

88 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello hello, just wanted to pop in and let y’all know that the “Multiple Sclerosis” tag is now live on Twitch.

Thank you all for your feedback on this post, and please let us know if you have any other suggestions for tags!

13. Hey guys, when u would input a tag it would stay input, if I would like to browse a game section in a certain language and switch to another game the tag would still be there. After inputing a tag now, it would dissapear and I have to type it in again.Can we have it to stay there unless u remove it ?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tags  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

We have restored this functionality with the launch of custom tag suggestions. Thanks for your feedback!

14. I am an addict in recovery and I’m transparent about this on my channel. As my channel grows each day I have the honor of learning more and more there are people in recovery, or wanting to be in recovery, who are coming to the channel to seek the safe space of this understanding.

As an addict it’s important to surround yourself with a community of people that will be healthy for you and it’s also important to see that recovery is very possible. I believe adding a recovery tag of some sort will help addicts find these safe spaces.…

82 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone! Thank you all for your feedback on this – We’re happy to announce that we’ve added a “Recovery” tag on Twitch!

Please let us know if you’d like to see other tags created in the future. Enjoy the streams!

15. Many of us in the ace/aro/aspec community (and other parts of the LGBTQIA2+ community) view romantic attraction & ****** attraction as 2 separate things. Adding in these tags would allow us to show more of our identity, and as we all know identity is content.

79 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Reaching out to let you all know that we now have Biromantic and Panromantic as tags on the site now! You are now able to use them on your streams or also filter by them if you would like.

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to Twitch.

16. Every time I am trying to find a programming or game development stream to watch (which is a very specific type of stream) I get lost in all the growing plants and raising chickens 24/7 streams. While on the other hand there are a lot of programming and or game development streams that really deserve their own category. Being a part of the live-coders community I feel that splitting science & technology in a more granular way would benefit everybody. Both in terms of search-ability and clarity.

1,676 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. A big percentage of streamers speaks more than 2 languages and sadly that generates a conflict when choosing a language to be discover on the directories. Taking for example the fact that if I put my native language(Spanish) and people who are looking streams of the same category but in a specific language(English), sadly those peoples aren't gonna discover my channel even though I can speak English as well. So there is the conflict between what language should I choose everytime I stream even though half of my audience speaks English and the other half even speaks just Spanish or…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Browse  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hey all,

Thank you for your feedback. We have a feature rolling out to address this concern. To help viewers and streamers to connect more easily based on their language preferences, a language filter that allows you to choose between 35 languages (and select multiple languages at once) will be available when browsing categories alongside the existing tag filter. We are working on adding this feature to the Twitch mobile app in the future. Thanks again!

18. We need this Categorie for Darts-Streamers that plays "Real-Life" Darts Online against other Players all over the world. This Categorie was deleted last week.

122 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  49 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. A recent change to the IGDB classified Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate for the Switch as a 'version' of Monster Hunter Generations for the 3DS - removing the Generations Ultimate directory entirely from Twitch.
    This is a problem for quite a few streamers and viewers alike as the games provide entirely different and expanded experiences from one another, and viewers might search out someone playing the 3DS base game as opposed to the expanded iteration for the Switch that came later on.

Most people playing either of these entries today are streaming "Generations Ultimate" for the Switch. It's a game that…

162 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Categories  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add "Mood" tags for streams such as Chilled, Hyped, Cosy, Chatty so people can search for the kind of vibe they are looking for, and also streamers can let people know the vibe of their stream.

This will help people find streams and viewers that are more suited to them and what they are after :)

90 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey all!

Just popping in to let you guys know that we now have Chilled, Hyped, Cozy and Chatty available as tags on Twitch!

Thank you so much for this feedback and please let us know if there are any other tags you would like to see added to Twitch!

• Don't see your idea?