Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

109 results found

1. Now the maximum number of ban counting is limited by 99, which is represented when the room manger click a user's nickname. Could you increase the maximum representing number to 999 like messages.
    In some rooms where i am usually watching, we play with the number by treating like levels. But, anyone who want to increase the number reaches the maximum so easily. So, we want to increase the maximum number.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Mods to filter users in chat by whether they have a subscription, have previously had a subscription to the channel, or are unsubscribed. This would make it much easier to filter out bot accounts from hate raids.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If some editor, broadcaster or bot changes title and/or game, it is not updated in Moderator Panel. You always need an F5. Also if updated offline (when broadcaster prepares the stream and you have the Panel opened before it starts).

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  4. There should be a link to the Editor Dashboard from within the Mod View page.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. This is already a thing in the stream manager and it would be very useful if when a mod is in mod view they do not need to watch ad breaks while moderating a channel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Mod View - Dynamically update Message history on a User Card.

Currently a User Card can be opened for a user of interest to see their Messages / Timeouts / Bans / Mod Comments. Once open any new Messages from that user do not appear in the card. This would be useful when 'monitoring' that user.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. With the Creator dashboard having mutiple Layouts I would like to see the Mod view also have mutiple viewsLayouts. I mod for three or four channels and each one is different which panels I use. Some channel use automod other dont. Some are not affilate so there no point have the prediction window open.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We currently cannot access the "Manage Moderation Settings" tool from Mod View, as this option from the normal chat tool widget does not appear on the Chat dropdown menu, nor is it found in the Mod Actions module.

There are options in the Moderation Settings like changing automod/block settings and enabling chat modes that are otherwise currently not available from Mod View. Until they become integrated in another way, the user should be able to access "Manage Moderation Settings" from Mod View. Currently we have to open regular chat in another window to access this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Currently, the mod view of a user exposes bans and timeouts specific to the channel. Expose bans and timeouts across all of Twitch.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Twitch i Been Streaming on Twitch for 3 Years and now I See Girls Streamers Go Topless and it Needs to Stop on My Front Page on My Stream

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There isn't a "React" button in mod view currently. For a mod to react, it would have to be in normal view.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In the new Mod View UI, the Community tab listing all the people connected to chat is huge, taking up a large amount of screen real estate when it is needed for things other than viewing who is in chat. Sure, it is collapsible, but I'd like to see it and not have it take so much space.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A channel I mod for gets hate follows targetting part of the streamers' identity frequently - specifically the username being a hateful message.
    At current, that name cannot be removed from the Activity Feed and Moderation Actions histories, even after the account has been banned for TOS violations.
    This can result in them being visible to the streamer and mods for a while, depending on the activity of the channel.

It would be nice for moderators to have the ability to hide such actions in those lists to protect Streamers from such hateful content.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Similar to how only the mods and streamer can see a "Staff" category in the User List, it would be great for there to be a "Restricted Users" category that they could see as well that would show any users in chat who are either monitored, restricted or banned from chatting. This would be a great tool for actively monitoring those who are stalking and harassing a streamer without them having to type in chat. For those that have first time follower/chatter restrictions, it would allow mods to see brand new/ban evading accounts trying to wait out the restriction time.…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display what channels im a mod for as well as ask for approval for becomming a mod.. as a safety thing.. as i am a mod for a channel i do not know anything about. i or at least let me know what the channel is

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  16. When switching into Moderator View to handle a problematic viewer is about the worst time to be forced into an ad roll - you lose all ability to assess how the streamer is responding.

I am fine with pre-rolls on channels I moderate. I'm even fine with pre-rolls if I go straight into mod view, but if I am being redirected from Channel X into Mod View for Channel X, pre-roll ads should be disabled - this is purely for a functional reason (and frankly chances are I've already been served a pre-roll so this shouldn't impact revenue).

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. With Mod Tools enabled you click the purge button to clear the message from chat and from the VOD, but there is no accountability on who deleted what when going back and reviewing what message was purged by a mod. It could even look the same as how AutoMod shows the message that is held and allowed or denied by the Mod in question.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Currently it just displays no profile picture or name and none of the chat history is available. The only thing that shows is the reason put in the unban request.

Twitch should just auto deny the unban requests or remove them front he queue.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A widget in the modview to see all timeouts that are currently active in the channel you are moderating, so you can keep an eye out for timeouts that are about to run out.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make it possible to watch "Log" - "Chat history" by the channel moderator to find out who, what, when wrote in the chat in a certain situation. Also so that you can download this file in .txt format or any other format convenient for you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?