Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

7 results found

1. Right now making mature jokes in chat can get chatters permanently suspended globally on Twitch completely without any human intervention that requires context.

Clarification:
    This is not about regular AutoMod but the HIDDEN global AI AutoMod present in all of Twitch channels.

The AI based AutoMod Twitch currently uses everywhere does not understand important contexts and takes all text at face value. Streamers who have a strong focus on the LGBTQ community find themselves having to tell their chatters not to express themselves freely, because what they joke about can be seen as hate speech even though they are strong…

2,220 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

135 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Twitch responded

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We wanted to clarify a couple of things. AutoMod can’t ban people from Twitch. Mods can use the tool to identify chat messages that break their channel’s rules. But AutoMod can’t be used to timeout, ban, or mute users from any channel, or from Twitch – those aren’t AutoMod capabilities.

We also wanted to share a bit more about how we enforce our Community Guidelines. These are the policies that apply to all of Twitch, and help make Twitch safer. We have human teams that review our content moderation decisions. We call this “human in the loop.” These reviewers help ensure that our policies are being applied accurately. We don’t use a “global AI” system to enforce our guidelines, and we manually review suspension decisions.

We recognize that, while the majority of enforcements we issue are correct, sometimes…

2. I would like to see an easier way to see what channels where I am a moderator without checking all my following list and typing /mods to check.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. The shield mode should have an API. Its main purpose is to react quickly to a massive influx of people, but... Sometimes we would like to react differently than the others times.

With an API we could define different ways to react and assign each of them to a different Stream Deck button (or other devices). We wouldn't need to waste time to change the shield parameters each time.

• we lack an option that could belong into the shield mode: remove the last follows / block the incomming ones.
    8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Dont like how on OBS "shield mode" takes up half my chat screen I use to read chats from viewers when I have it on. For that reason alone I will never use it no matter how good its features are.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

This suggestion is for a third-party software.

5. hej

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. To ban a user or temporarily block him, just click on the nickname and select the desired action without switching to a separate moderator window. It is especially convenient if you stream yourself and do not need to open a bunch of windows.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Danky responded

Hey there! For a simplified view for moderating, you can show mod actions in chat by enabling Show Mod Icons in your Chat Settings.

Hope this helps!

7. Comando /user no celular funciona, ja que não funciona e no PC é possivel utilizar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?