Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

IGDB

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

IGDB

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

11 results found

1. As discussed on Discord, there are a number of digital storefronts that don't necessarily define where you can play a game. (Ex. PSN Store is on almost all of their devices, but some only play on select devices. PS3-only, PS3/PS4, PS4/Vita, Vita/PSP, etc.) Removing these platforms will make this more standardized.
    (Confirmed under current internal discussion)

Affected Platforms:
    SteamOS -> Linux
    PlayStation Network -> respective title for PSP, PS Vita, PS3, PS4, PS5, etc.
    Xbox Live Arcade -> Xbox 360
    Virtual Console -> Wii, WiiU
    eShop -> respective title for 3DS, Switch

Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/173875325304832000/713305358797635604

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

We have added ability to remove platforms, and have proceeded with doing some cleanup. SteamOS is now gone for example.

Going forward we will look at reintroducing such a concept as “stores” tied to platforms instead. This is the first step :)

Thanks!

2. When Bundles include titles of a long running series, it is possible to encounter times that have too many titles to display with the basic name.

Ex. Mega Man (1).

Discord:
    https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/352159900849274892/722889749420965987

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. two games are linked below where the listed 'Platforms' (near the top of the game page, below 'Genre') don't correspond with the full set of platforms in the Release Dates section.
    in both instances the missing platforms are 'Mac' and 'Linux', don't know whether it's an issue specific to those platforms or merely coincidental.
    of note is that one of these (Transistor) also has some platform information added on the Companies page, while the other (Nuclear Throne) does not.
    https://www.igdb.com/games/transistor
    https://www.igdb.com/games/nuclear-throne

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Heya!

Good news, this is done and fixed! platforms should now be correctly reflected in both the game page header and the sidebar.
    Additionally we recently did a lot of work on API syncs so additional issues should be taken care of there.

If you spot anymore on this, please let us know.

Thanks!

4. Unlike Screenshots, Video Submissions do not show a preview thumbnail before submitting an Edit. I have a number of times it seems my copy/paste didn't fire correctly and Ninja Gaiden gameplay videos ended up in a few titles (like Star Trek TNG Genesis), so I was unaware of the mistake until after the Edit was approved.

(Review previously confirmed, re-entering for UserVoice)
    Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/458320386275409964/713166498788540517

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Good news! This is done and now live, upon video submission you’ll see thumbnails being generated dynamically.
    Thanks for the submission!

5. A Notes Section for Edit Submissions would help abit. If you have a slightly contentious edit like updating the coverart or release dates, you could state your reasoning/mindset in a Note section for an Edit. These would obviously be only visible to the submitter and admins (or voters if so chosen).

(This is supposed to already be in the pipeline for a future update, but I just wanted to add it here as well.)

Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/114736716505546761/458320386275409964/713152718436434030

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!
    Great news everyone, this feature is now live!
    Contributors can now leave notes/comments on their contributions (Games, Companies, Platforms, Characters, Engine, People).
    This will work both ways in helping us with validations, and admins giving feedback on contributions.

More details on Discord if you wish to discuss :)

Thanks!

6. (Dunno if I've count UX/UI as API Bugs, but entering here.)

Currently you have the option to add additional Ratings to Edit Pages. However, this only adds PEGI automatically with no options for CERO or updated ESRBs for re-releases. Users have no means to remove these additions once created.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! This is done, we have removed the function to add/remove individual PEGI rating, that wasn’t intended indeed. Now all games have one age rating of each (PEGI & ESRB).

Support for more regions are planned :)

7. For example, Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered is considered just a version of the original so I can not put that I am streaming it. This causes problems because Spiderman Remastered is made for a completely different platform which can completely change viewers interests in watching or not.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! Good news, this is done :) Yesterday we rolled out an update that allows us to better keep track of games. Without having to rely on Versions we are now able to track: Remakes, Remasters, Expanded Games, Ports, and Forks.

Thanks!

8. When a title is mispelled by adding incorrect spaces, deleting those spaces does not apply to updates or trigger a "pending approval" flag.

Adding spaces appears to function correctly, just not deleting.

Ex. LittleBigPlanet 2: Collector's Edition, instead of Little Big Planet 2: Collector's Edition
    https://www.igdb.com/games/little-big-planet-2-collectors-edition

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. LocoRoco 2 doesn't have a game cover on twitch. There's one on IGDB so you can just use that. The game is 13 years old so I don't think the devs care what you pick

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I'm not sure why, but I noticed that 'Far Cry New Dawn' thumbnail from IGDB isn't linking through to Twitch. On IGDB it has the correct artwork, but on Twitch it's showing the blank generic grey thumbnail for the game. Maybe a link break down?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey! IGDB game covers are not yet being used on Twitch, at the moment only the actual entries (and therefore titles) are being ingested.

This will happen soon however, stay tuned!

11. I wonder if you can add a category for this game, i cant find it in the list.

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?