Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Badges/Emotes

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Badges/Emotes

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

15 results found

1. I’ve seen creators in the beta mention that they don’t have access to the emotes since you cannot follow yourself on Twitch. Therefore, the creator wouldn’t be able to use their own emotes in their community, as they are not a follower of the channel. Please allow creators to have access to those emotes too!!

163 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Danky responded

Hello again everyone! Just wanted to pop in here to confirm that streamers should have access to their follower emotes in their channel. 

If you're still experiencing issues, please reach out to our support team at help.twitch.tv

Thank you!

2. Add more Creators/Channels to the BETA Testing of the Follower Emotes. That way you can get more input over the next few months, and potentially avoid any issues that may or may not happen when the emote options go live site-wide. I have YET to even find or follow a channel that has the follower emotes available. We can't give out accurate opinions on the idea when so few channels have the option. Plus it will give more creators freedom of expression, test twitch's servers as it gradually increases the amount of channels using them, and make lots of emote…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. It seems that my twitch subscribers are unable to access the follower emotes. Im not sure if this is designed or a bug though. If viewers are disincentivized to sub since they have 5 free emotes and would lose them to gain the sub emotes, that's not ideal for anyone! Would love some clarification on this - Thanks!

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there! If you're still experiencing issues with your Subscribers using Follower Emotes, please contact our support team directly at help.twitch.tv

Apologies for the delayed response and thank you for your patience! 

4. Esta opción me parece increíble pues es una forma de atraer y agradecer al nuevo follower. Me gustaría participar de la beta de followers emotes para afiliados de twitch. Sugiero que a los seguidores antiguos tambien se les de el emote de follower.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Twitch responded

Access to betas is randomly determined between affiliates and partners in order to allow us to learn from experiment data and get a good understanding of how a product is being used. This helps us build better products for creators and viewers. For this reason, we aren’t able to add individual creators to the experiment. We are working to make Follower Emotes generally available as fast as possible.

5. Opción para poner emotes para seguidores

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Follower Emotes  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Tive um emote excluído pela plataforma sem qualquer aviso e ainda perdi direito de subir automaticamente novos emotes e ainda bloquearam emotes de seguidores. Com a mensagem que voltariam em 6 meses.

Porém, já faz um ano, sou afiliado e essa punição injusta vai até quando?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

Please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv in order to investigate follower emote status. Thank you.

7. new affiliate. don't have subs. have a lot of followers tho.

this feature would make emotes incredibly more useful as something other than sub-bait. existing sub emotes are unused to-date.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. It has been brought to my attention that follower emotes are not accessible to subscribers. I tested this out with a friend who is subbed in my channel, and it appears to be accurate.

This is a problem.

Picture this: So a new viewer comes in, likes what they see and follows- YAY they get up to 5 follower emotes. That same viewer is about to subscribe, thinking they will have access now to my follower emotes AND my sub emotes... but alas, they instead have swapped out the follower emotes for the sub emotes. They are sad because they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Sorry for the confusion; however, Follower Emotes aren't available on mobile at this time, and are only able to be used in the channel they are for. This could be why your Subscribers are unable to use your Follower Emotes.

If you believe this is a mistake and you still require assistance, please reach out to our team directly at help.twitch.tv

Thanks!

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hi,
    During the week I like watching my favorites games and streamers to relax from a hard day of work and I thought that it would be better to be able to create a new emote.
    BUT not for free, let's say it could be available for 10 000points or only for subscribed viewers and only one per person per channel
    My idea could make people stay longer on twitch to use the emote they created and induce people to pay for a subscription to be able to create their emote
    Hope my idea could be a good deal for…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

This seems like something better suited to resolve with our team at help.twitch.tv so they can take a look into this issue with you.

Best of luck on your emotes tho! We are excited to see what you are bringing to Twitch.

13. no me aparece para hacer estos emotes y ademas cuando intento de hacer uno me aparece o que esta mal el formato o que es demasiado grande o que no es cuadrada y cuando pongo una bien no me carga pero no es el wifi porque lo otro me carga perfectamente

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

When it comes to issues like this it is best to reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv so they can further help you troubleshoot.

14. Imagine teams of trollers that raid other channels, would really suck (for people that shop chat on the chat on the side of their streams) if this get usable everywhere there will be alot of streamers that will stop to show their chat

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I seen that it is slowly rolling out( same as the animated emotes ) but I was wondering if there was a place where affiliates can sign up for the beta testing, or what the prerequisites are to beta test. I had a viewer bring it up and it got me curious. I do like the idea to give people an incentive to follow and then potentially sub.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Access to betas is randomly determined in order to allow us to learn from experiment data and get a good understanding of how a product is being used. This helps us build better products for creators and viewers. For this reason, we aren’t able to add individual creators to the experiment. We are working to make Follower Emotes generally available as fast as possible.

Hopefully this helps!

• Don't see your idea?