Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. Quiéro recuperar una transmisión en directo que no se ha guardado y no tenía la opción de guardado previamente, es mi primer directo, ayuda porfavor

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Sorry, because Twitch is primarily a live-streaming service, VODs are only kept for a limited amount of time, provide VOD storage has been enabled. Please ensure you have VODs enabled in your settings going forward. Apologies for the inconvenience.

2. It should be made clear whether Twitch emphasizes watching content creator's vods. I've been pretty objective, meanwhile, watching the content creators that I like watch that it doesn't show when they're usually live. It seems a bit misleading.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. So my VOD from 2 months ago has been on expiring in 0 days for quite a while and I can't do anything to it except watch it and I don't really want it saved so can you all at Twitch do something about it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

This is the opposite issue from what most users report :D sorry to hear it's been bothering you!

Definitely odd that it hasn't expired yet, considering you mentioned that it has been showing 0 days for quite some time -- this definitely sounds like a bug. Please reach out to our support team, so that they could look into this with the relevant team and take care of that for you via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport! Thank you and best of luck!

4. I am watching VODs a lot and would be helpful to have understanding over the parts of the VOD (just like in YouTube).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Please clarify what you mean by it "would be helpful to have understanding over the parts of the VOD". Would you like to be able to link to a specific time in the VOD? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

5. i dont know why they removed the ability to download your vods but that really needs to be brought back, i shouldnt need to go through a third party app to be able to download my vod so i can edit it like thats ridiculous. and the download option in my video producer doesnt even download the vod idk what thats even for.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I wan t to ask question why the stream aren t on my channel,even though i turned on the option?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

Please note that VODs are only saved for 7 days before being deleted, but if you are a Partner, Prime or Twitch Turbo user, then your past broadcast can be saved for 60 days before being deleted. If it sounds as though the appropriate time has not passed, then please reach out to our support team via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport. Thank you.

7. Currently, many Korean Twitch users are experiencing a great deal of confusion. As a result, many streamers are considering moving to other platforms. Many users point fingers at each other and blame each other for the obvious reasons for blocking VOD. Twitch's responsibility for this is also responsible for giving a comprehensive answer that he blocked VOD for a variety of reasons unless he says a clear reason. So I'd like to ask Twitch.

Please specify a clearer and more specific announcement about the clear reason for blocking the VOD notified to current Korean Twitch streamers and users and the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

We're sorry for the confusion accompanying the changes that began December 13th, 2022 leading to VOD content being suspended in Korea. This is to ensure that Twitch remains in compliance to Korean legislation in accordance with the Telecommunications Business Act.

For more information regarding the update on VODs within Korea, please visit our blog, as it should hopefully provide a more detailed explanation that may provide some answers for you. If you have any additional questions, please reach out via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport. Our support team will do its best to provide any additional information possible. Thank you for your understanding.

8. bonjour a l'équipe twitch,
    Voila j'ai tourner un live le dimanche 18/12/2022 portant sur le jeux the callisto protocol il a duré de 21:53 a 01:35 le fait est que le live fonctionnait correctement car j'avais la retransmission sous mes yeux mais au moment ou le live a pris fin je n'ai aucune rediffusion de mon live sur ma chaine alors que j'ai bien mentionné et activé les rediffusion de mes lives cordialement .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

Sorry to hear there was an issue with the VOD for your stream. If you have VODs enabled, and do not see them being published, please reach out to our support team via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport.

9. After changing the ID from n7kwb to lsecvlad, the VOD cannot be saved in the video producer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Sorry, I may be misinterpreting this, but did you have this issue when changing your username? If you are still experiencing this issue with saving your VOD in the Video Producer, please reach out to our support team via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport. Thank you!

10. All of my streams from 1 week ago are all gone now and even my friends streams are gone. We both stream directly from our consoles which are Xbox and PS5. Why is that? What’s going on? All of our hard work and our time put in them has completely disappeared from our channel.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Most Twitch Partners, Prime and Twitch Turbo users will have their past broadcasts saved for 60 days before being deleted. All other broadcasters will have their past broadcasts saved for 7 days* before they are deleted. For more information, please review https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/video-on-demand. 

11. A los 7 días me borran el directo, y no lo entiendo porque tengo el prime y deberían estar 30 días mínimo, así no avanzo...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

You're right, as a Prime member, your account should have more than 7 days VOD storage. Have you ensured that Prime is connected to your Twitch account? Please reach out to our team to troubleshoot this issue via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport.

12. Streamed yesterday and today my VOD is not in my dashboard as it normally is. Set to record all past broadcasts and it's always worked fine before. Really sad lost all the work I did yesterday and no one to even ask what's up :(.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Sorry to hear your VOD appears to be lost. Please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv to investigate this and confirm your settings are not causing this.

13. all of my recorded videos are missing.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

Please reach out to our team via https://link.twitch.tv/GetSupport. They should be able to help you investigate what happened with your VODs. Please do keep in mind that past broadcasts will be stored for 7 days (provided you have VOD storage enabled) for streamers who are not Partner, Affiliate, Amazon Prime members or Twitch Turbo users. Thank you.

14. My favorite artist created something I was hoping to save but the video disappeared from his feed. Would be great if it could be recovered and downloaded, I would pay.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Unfortunately, VODs are only kept for a certain amount of time, based on the creator's standing such as whether they are a Partner, have Turbo or are a Prime user. A creator under this category will have VOD storage, if enabled, for 60 days, meanwhile Affiliates and regular users have 7-14 day VOD storage, as Twitch is primarily a live-streaming platform.

15. I have had quite the amount of trouble getting to DOWNLOADED VODs on my local device, and having ease of access to these downloaded VODs will make it easier for newer streamers like myself who aren't affiliates to be able to find and publish VODs on other platforms, (e.g. YouTube).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. hello, I propose to implement this super useful feature, because streaming videos are usually very long.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

You can tune the playback speed of a VOD by clicking on the settings (cog icon) on the bottom right of the player, and clicking on speed. Thanks!

17. I would like to know why the recordings of my last live broadcasts were automatically deleted.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Sorry for the time it took to review your idea. It appears you need some help, though, so we recommend reaching out to our support team at help.twitch.tv. Thanks!

18. On the mobile app, this is already a thing. Scrolling down will show the past 5 viewed streams/VODs, and allow you to easily continue watching where you left off.

On desktop (as far as I'm aware after Googling it), this is not available. Which is especially perplexing since the data and methodology clearly already exists on the mobile app, tied to the exact same account.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

On the web version of Twitch, you can find Continue Watching on your Following page. Hope that helps.

19. So many times I have been watching a stream and paused it before closing the app down, hoping to continue watching later. When I return and load up, although it says ‘Continue Watching’ and the purple bar across the bottom shows how much I have watched; when I press play it starts the whole stream again. It has been like this for years on multiple platforms. Please please please fix this!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

Sorry to hear that the "Continue Watching" feature has not been working as intended for you. We recommend you reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv, as this could be an issue with cache or something else that requires some investigation. Thank you.

20. When deleting a vod it says "Are you sure you want to delete streamm?". I cannot see if this is repeatable due to me not having other vods.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there, the prompt that comes up is actually based on the title of the stream you're looking to delete. In this instance, I believe the title of your stream was "streamm"

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?