Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Twitch Studio

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Twitch Studio

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

57 results found

1. Add push to talk buton like in obs , we have just option to mute and unmute

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

You should be able to set up push to talk by visiting your Studio settings (cog wheel in the bottom right corner). Scroll to Audio Input Management and there you'll find Push to talk. Hit Record to set your personalized key bind.

2. 21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. A general timer to show how long stream has been going or for a countdown.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Jax responded

We have added support for a countdown layer and there is a stream uptime timer that you can view at the top of the app. We may add additional behavior for the countdown layer but I’ll mark this as completed for now

4. I use my right monitor to view twitch studio. It would be nice to move the chatbox to the left side and the editing/scene tools on the right.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can customize the interface by clicking the lock icon in the top left and dragging all of the panels around to resize or completely move them. There are also additional panels that can be added if you hover the menu on the right hand side of the app after you have clicked the lock icon. The stat tiles at the top of the app can also be rearranged or removed as well

5. It'd be nice to be able to shift where parts of the Studio are (eg where the chat box or alerts box) and change the size of the various parts (eg make things wider). This'd bring it more in line with the new creator dashboard that's being tested on the site.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is completed. You can resize and move sections of the interface around by clicking the lock icon in the top left. You can also add and remove various panels by hovering the menu on the right hand side after clicking the lock icon.

6. Instead of having to create different new layers on every slide of the same layers, the ability to copy those layers and paste them over would save a lot of time. Universal layers that also change size over all slides as you change the size of them on one slide would also be extremely helpful.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Layers  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this by linking your layers. Then in each scene, when you click Add Layer, you can add this linked alert layer and its settings will be preserved from the other scene in which it was created. A linked layer allows you to seamlessly make edits to any layer across all scenes from one scene. Linked layers share all properties except their position, so you can adjust the layer's placement to best suit the current scene you're editing without affecting its placement in other scenes; however you won't need to edit every other aspect of it. Hope that helps.

7. 17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. What just occurred to me.
    I use streamlabs.
    If I put Spotify on a different soundtrack & then mute it in the recording function (when I record it to make a video for myself) then I can hear music in the stream but the music would be missing in the recording. Wouldn't that be great for Twitch Studio?
    If you would combine that directly with uploading the Vod?
    Theoretically, you could listen to music in the stream and when you upload it, the music is excluded directly because the music track was muted in the settings. In VOD that means…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there,

Apologies for the time it's taken to review your suggestion. I'd like to let you know this is possible with the installation of the Advanced Audio Mixer, as this feature allows you to mute on an app-basis. This is an in-app installation available by heading to your Twitch Studio general settings under Audio. For more information, please head over to our help article.

9. Every layout has to be edited one by one, I'd love to be able to just make a new layout and for it to already have my alerts added, because it always starts with the predetermined ones.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this by linking your alert layer. Then in each scene, when you click Add Layer, you can add this linked alert layer and its settings will be preserved from the other scene in which it was created. A linked layer allows you to seamlessly make edits to your alerts layer across all scenes from any scene. Linked layers share all properties except their position, so you can adjust the linked alert layer to best suit the current scene you're editing without affecting its placement in other scenes; however you won't need to edit every other aspect of it (such as color, image, etc). Hope that helps.

10. Would be nice to see a list of specific usernames viewing the channel, rather than just the number. Could be helpful for new/small streams to know who is watching at the moment.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I’m fairly new to Twitch Studio and I’m transitioning from Streamlabs as Twitch Studio is easier for meto understand. But one thing I miss from Streamlabs is the use of hotkeys being able to toggle certain scenes. It would be really nice if we could get some sort of setting in the edit scene screen where we could add a specific hotkey or keybind where we could easily switch scenes without opening up studio while streaming. It would definitely those who don’t have two monitors.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

Sorry for the time it's taken to review this. Hotkeys are available to switch between scenes. You can find them in your Twitch Studio general settings under Hotkeys > Scene Management.

12. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

You should be able to customize the image for each alert by clicking Edit Scene, then going to Alerts layer, and finally to Edit Alert on the right-hand panel. Once on the pop-up Edit Alert menu is open, you can click through each alert and upload your desired image.

13. Push to talk and being able to keybind it at least with Mouse 4/5 since it doesn't work atm.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Either be able to skip the stuff after i hit the "stream setup" button or have a setting to just go live straightaway or only show it if you haven't streamed in x # of days or something. At the very least, have an obvious way to go live because as a user who has already set up stream, I don't know what to click to just go live

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. would be nice to have integration with donation systems like streamlabs etc

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can use the “Embed Webpage” layer type which is basically a Browser source to add these other types of alerts and overlays. I’ll mark this as completed for now, but maybe we should make it more clear that’s what Embed Webpage does

16. What I mean by a goal kind of thing I mean like a donation amount like showing what their money is going towards and like the number and a bar to show how close you are to make it to the goal.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I have an AVerMedia HD capture card, but Twitch Studio only shows this device under "webcam" and doesn't have an option to capture video and audio from a non-PC source.

If we plan to feature parody with every other streaming software, this will be a requirement. I know MANY streamers that will pass on using Twitch Studio for lacking this critical feature.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Tyler responded

Initial support for capture cards is now available! We currently support Elgato cards, but working to add others in the coming weeks.

18. I would very much like you to have the option to mark the audio tracks that I want to record for VOD, and which audio tracks I want to be transmitted on live, similar to what you have on OBS.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Audio  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Completed  ·  Twitch responded

Hey there, in December 2020 we announced that we are able to support alternate VOD audio tracks. 

19. It seems to ALWAYS get cut off, even the smallest default alerts

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe we did make an improvement to this, not necessarily wrapping. We will revisit in the future if needed

20. Allow the user to download any mp3 file for a sound alert cus the stock sound alerts are kinda boring

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Alerts  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey there,

Not sure if this request is specifically asking to include .mp3 files for alerts, but do know that you may set custom sound files for your alerts! To do so, click Edit Scene, go to the Alerts layer, and finally mouse over to Edit Alert in the right-hand panel. Within the pop-up menu, you can click through each alert and set the sound of each type of alert, by clicking the Change button under Sound. For more information on supported sound files please refer to our help article.

• Don't see your idea?