Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Video Features

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Video Features

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

51 results found

1. There used to be a link to continue watching the vod for clips.
    This was recently removed or very deeply hidden.

Please bring this back as the interface is not currently user friendly anymore!!!

This also destroys what discoverability there was prior!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

I just checked this out for myself and this functionality still exists. When watching a clip that does have the relevant VOD up, you should see "Watch Full Video" below the right bottom corner of the video player. If you are still having trouble, please reach out to our support team. Thank you!

2. https://i.imgur.com/SkOLyxi.jpg

title should be shortened or there should be a line break or buttons seperated

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  0 comments  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
  3. It's no idea just fix making clips, I get random issues, clips not being able to be taken from certain vods, and so much more. Fix your video producer PLEASE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

So sorry for the inconvenience. It could be that you are trying to clip from a VOD when you have Subscriber-only VODs enabled. In the event that you are experiencing this issue and the creator confirms that they don't have sub-only archives enabled, then please reach out to our support team to troubleshoot this issue. Thanks!

4. Esto es una Sugerencia y a la vez una petición.
    Se me han borrado todos mis clips, no se si ha sido un error en la pagina o un error mío. Estaba borrando algunos clips y de pronto desaparecieron todos menos 3 de ellos. me gustaría solicitar que los recuperen, son momentos muy importantes para mí y mi comunidad

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When I finished streaming, I went back to my vods and tried to clip one section of the stream. When I clicked the "clip" button, it said something went wrong. I don't know how to fix this but I really want to clip this moment so I never forget it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. i can clips vod for another channel but i can't clips vod for https://www.twitch.tv/ddsnake this channel
    always tell me F5 but is useless.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Ana responded

It could be that you are trying to clip from a VOD when that channel has Subscriber-only VODs enabled. In this case, if you are not subscribed, then you may not clip the channel's VODs. Hope that clarifies this.

7. Twitch clips hasn"t been working in months for past broadcasts.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hello,

It could be that you are trying to clip from a VOD when you have Subscriber-only VODs enabled. This setting also prevents the creator (you) from clipping your own archives. To change this setting, please visit your Creator Dashboard and under Subscriptions, turn the Subscriber-only archives option off. Please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv to investigate this issue with clips.

8. No one can see my clips!
    The clips don't show up on the video page, and when you 'customise layout' and add the popular clips section it says "you have no popular clips" even though I have about 50 clips with lots of views. Refreshing does nothing.
    Please fix ASAP

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

HI,

Looks like your popular clips are showing. If you still notice this on your end, please reach out to our support team at help.twitch.tv. Thanks.

9. There is some issue whereby near a whopping 40% of clips error out when trying to save. I'm sure anyone whose ever clipped on twitch knows that cursed error message "whoops well this is embarassing.. an error occured.." At this point your clip is no way salvageable unless the streamer saves all their vods and you have the time to go back to that stream and dig through hours of video for that 10 seconds you tried to clip. WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN ADDRESSED AND FIXED?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

It could be that you are trying to clip from a VOD where a channel has Subscriber-only VODs enabled. This setting also prevents the creator from clipping their own archives. If you need additional help, please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv. Thanks!

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi,

When Sub-only archives are enabled, users, including the creator, can only clip during a live broadcast.

If you are the creator, please visit your Creator Dashboard and under Subscriptions to turn the setting off, this will allow you and other viewers to clip VODs.

11. It is so annoying. Happens constantly. Page takes forever to load, then you trim the clip, click Submit and it just doesn't work. "Try again" it says - yeah I can't, too much time passed. Or give us an option to retry from the same time stamp. Such an annoying bug..

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Is this occurring while trying to clip a live broadcast? Please let our team know at help.twitch.tv, so that they may help you investigate.

12. Would love to have a page where twitch partners can submit twitch clips and be randomly posted on facebook page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A opção de CLIPAR (clip) esta com problema não esta sendo possível

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

Some channels may have clips disabled on sub-only VODs. If it is your own channel, please ensure that you have Sub-only archives disabled in your Creator Dashboard and under Subscriptions. For further assistance, please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv to investigate.

14. A serious, big expansion of clip support on StreamDeck is needed. Especially on StreamDeck when its locked to 30s and you can't do shorter, or longer up to the max of 60 seconds.

Adding the ability to either type in a value of seconds, or selectable in say, 10 second intervals (10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60) would be very nice to be able to create clips closer to the length of whatever moment happened.

Being able to 'prefix' or 'suffix' a clip with a defined word or two in the streamdeck setup would be nice too, so you could…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

While you have the ability to clip anywhere from 5-60 seconds on Twitch, this particular issue lays with the third-party software you are using to create clips. We recommend you bring this suggestion to Elgato, so that they could potentially address this and provide a way to tailor the length of the clip action provided in their StreamDeck software.

15. My Twitch clip button doesn't work, it just opens a blank tab everytime i try to clip something

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hey there,

Please reach out to our team at help.twitch.tv, so that they may investigate this issue with you. Thanks!

16. Nel canale di Brisen_ non riusciamo a fare le clip (non ci riesce nemmeno lei che è la proprietaria del canale)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  Ana responded

Hi there,

This issue will need to be investigated. Please have the channel owner contact our support team at help.twitch.tv. Thanks.

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Closed  ·  1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
  18. Hi,

lately I cannot create clips. It will let me set the time, name and save it but when I try to open the link it says Something went wrong the clip is no longer available. One of my friends (streamer as well) has the same problem. Can you please help me? Thanks a lot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Clips  ·  Admin →
    Closed  ·  Danky responded

Hi there, could you please reach out to our support team at help.twitch.tv for further investigation into this Clips error?

Thank you!

19. Quite often boring or even embarrassing clips come up when you are shouted out in other channels.

If there were a list of broadcaster-approved clips, developers could use that for !so commands.

It would also be a a nice gesture if the clip creator is informed about this appreciation.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please redesign the clip editor so that
    - what we see in the editor is actually what we get in the final product in terms of boundries and lenght
    - we can set the clip's limits (beginning and end) to the exact frame rather than deciseconds.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?