6 votesLIZZ shared this idea ·
We’ve discussed an idea like this a few times internally and are considering supporting it in a 2021 release. Thank you for the request.
Hey all – thank you so much for all of your feedback around this change. We understand that this was a feature that many of you used in various situations, including the ability for Moderators to highlight or distinguish messages in Chat, and we agree that is important. We are listening to your ideas and feedback in this area – stay tuned for updates!
To provide context as to why we’ve made the decision to remove the original functionality of the /me command, we wanted to address the way this feature was being used to perpetrate abuse against members of our community. While we recognize this change is frustrating for some, the safety of our community remains our top priority.
I’m leaving this topic open for the specific feedback presented, but just wanted to update that the team has added some more customization options since the launch, and will continue to add customization to the page over time. Thanks for your suggestions!
An error occurred while saving the commentLIZZ commented
I would recommend to make it more visible when the channel is hosting another. Especially for new people on twitch its often very confusing.
Solution idea: for example, I would show the offline screen with a transparent screen over it (so you can still see the offline screen through it) in the center of it saying "This streamer is currently hosting XYZ" with a button to show the hosted channel on the page you are on right now, like "show" - or "hide" if you want to check out the offline screen - because quite a few of us have information on it that we'd like people to see but we also want to host others! :)
OR at least just put the "hosting XYZ" in the center of the display, a teeny tiny button in top left corner is often not seen. As it seems its planned to be shown even less - a little note on the bottom of the display. This will lead to people being mistaken for their hosted channels even more! Don't.
I like the ideas you put in, it will take time to get used to tho I guess.
Things I want to mention too:
- remove category in schedule and give option to completely disable it. Not everyone has a schedule, and changing it every few days will be a nuisance.
- more icons for About/ Social Media "Panel" (Discord, Artstation etc) + drag'n'drop changing the order they're in.
- background image behind channel trailer customizable
- since panel images are limited to a certain size, give the options to link panels that'll always stick together (one above or next to each other) or to put them in a certain order.
- bring back the "following" tab, I liked to see who the streamers follow and I liked to see my followings listed like it used to be.
Thanks for trying to make our experience better! <3