We’ve released an update today that addresses some of the feedback in this thread:
- You can now once again highlight and copy messages for easy translation, raid message organization, and general copypastas
- Clicking into the chat will not immediately open the reply function. On hover, the reply button in the top right of the message will initiate the reply
As it’s been a few days, curious to hear whether the initial feelings and experiences have changed!
We would like to offer an “off-duty mode” for Mods, but it isn’t one of our top priorities at the moment. Will revisit in 2021.
An error occurred while saving the commentDaeCatt commented
It's worth noting that some streamers already have systems in place to allow users to moderate without having the moderator badge by eg. letting moderators operate by whispering moderation actions to a bot (while not currently having the mod status or appearing in the mods list).
Implementing this officially however would provide some important benefits:
1. Moderators will be able to act faster. Using their normal moderator commands rather than whispering a bot or using a third party site is a significant speed-up.
2. The streamer would no longer have to manually merge the Twitch moderation logs with the bot's moderation logs.
3. Provide Twitch themselves with valuable data about "anonymous" moderation. Perhaps this method of moderation is far more common than current data makes it out to be?