2 results found
An error occurred while saving the commentCHILD_STREAM_PREVENTION commented
A 2023 update & addendum:
• Twitch since released a Safety Blog:
Through which, in general terms, it expressed aim in identifying & combating:
occurring on the platform.
※ A Twitch response that SIDESTEPS THE MAIN CONCERN.
▪ There exists not a single sentence in this (now two part) safety blog-post,
issued after the Twitch-specific widespread-child-broadcasting (consequent predation) article, that addresses the core, most important issue at hand:
▪ Twitch uniquely lacks the industry-standard BARRIERS to PREVENT underage streamers going live to begin with.
▪ Which, naturally, is the very first prevention measure in combating child-harm.
※ INEFFECTIVE CHANGES & A TWITCH GROWING PROBLEM.
1. Refining user-report technology is ineffective, as conscientious persons don't scour towards finding Twitch preteens, only predatory entities do. The majority of underage streaming children never get flagged.
2. Language processing AI is ineffective, as predatory entities are cunning & undetectable in their (goal-orientated) written communication. Vulturous persons who get banned simply return immediately under new (undetectable) accounts.
3. Single Factor Authentication for Livestreaming doesn't prevent new preteens from – in less than 1 minute — signing up on their phone, and hitting the go live button. With no barriers, uniquely so on Twitch.
4. The referenced expert child-safety orgs directly advised Twitch to adopt the mobile-broadcasting prevention measure highlighted in this UserVoice/The Bloomberg article. To no avail.
※ A CONTINUED, MEASURABLY INCREASING TWITCH ISSUE.
As reflected in the follow-up article:
▪ Because these changes are wholly ineffective, and don't tackle the root unrestricted child-streaming cause:
▪ New Twitch broadcasting preteens, hundreds of them per day, continue to be preyed upon on Twitch;
▪"YouTube and TikTok both require users to possess a certain number of followers before livestreaming on mobile devices"
▪"A new analysis of the predatory accounts in the data set, these accounts are still finding and following on average hundreds of apparent children a day"
※ CLEAR-CUT SOLUTION THAT ENDS TWITCH-PRETEEN-BROADCASTING.
This Twitch UserVoice suggestion foremost is NOT addressing on-platform grooming, nor detection of existing children.
✓ It tackles the necessary (present & extremely effective on competing livestreaming services) mobile broadcasting safety measures which PREVENT new preteens from going live on Twitch.
1. This is the comparison between livestreaming platforms:
▪ “If you want to go LIVE on TikTok, you have to be 16 years old or older and have more than 1,000 followers.”
▪ “To live stream on [YouTube] mobile, you’ll need: At least 50 subscribers.”
✓ Clearly demonstrating how this is a unique Twitch vulnerability, one solved through Mobile (only) follower requirement;
2. And this is the industry-standard social media verification for phone-only broadcasting newcomer adults:
▪ Instagram: Video Selfie or ID
▪ YouTube: Credit Card or ID
✓ This one-time adult check skips the 50 follower mobile barrier.
✓ Restricts mobile streaming preteens.
✓ Allows access to creators of age aiming to begin phone-streaming on Twitch.
※ THE CONCLUSION — THE RESPONSIBLE CHOICE:
▪ Amazon's Twitch uniquely leads the world in unbarriered child broadcasting, on Mobile devices.
– Because it lacks the industry standard prevention measure.
▪ 99% of Twitch broadcasting is Desktop, 99% of Preteen Twitch broadcasting is Mobile.
▪ Global predatory entities converge on Twitch specifically because of unbarriered, child mobile - streaming.
▪ Every single day, measurably so, they continue to prey upon hundreds of new, unique, broadcasting preteens.
✓ All other leading Livestreaming services have a Mobile barrier in place to prevent preteen mobile streaming.
✓ Amazon's Twitch can fully, overnight, end its specific child-broadcasting (& predation) unique problem, through the mobile-follower requirement.
– While simultaneously permitting newcomer mobile-only adults to stream through a single minute-long age-check.
That's it. This is NOT a ubiquitous social media grooming problem.
This is an Amazon's Twitch unique, unrestricted child-access tech-platform vulnerability. A fully fixable vulnerability.
Every single day lacking the crucial mobile-phone barriers to deter NEW preteens from freely going live on Twitch,
means leaving the door open for irreparable tragedy to occur.CHILD_STREAM_PREVENTION shared this idea ·
300 votesCHILD_STREAM_PREVENTION supported this idea ·