I’m leaving this topic open for the specific feedback presented, but just wanted to update that the team has added some more customization options since the launch, and will continue to add customization to the page over time. Thanks for your suggestions!
An error occurred while saving the commentLadySetsunaGaming commented
Twitch...I like you. Seriously. But having the channel layout thrown around like this makes me really angry.
Here are a few points, why I don't like the new layout at all:
1) I can't find anything on my channel - if I'm looking for something I don't want to look through a horrible amount of tabs to find it. Panels do the same thing as it is at the moment. I need info about the streamer? I look into the panels.
2) A stream schedule? For what? - Variety streamers like me don't have a fixed time-game-schedule. I'm streaming what I like on the day I like. Yes, I do have a plan for my streams, but that doesn't mean I need to tie in a game for that day. Same as before - my panels do the job.
3) We spent time/money/time and money for channel customization - why give artists a headache of redesigning the new channel layout? I've spent quite a lot of time on finding what fits my channel - colours, fonts, stuff like that. I edited my channel panels way too often. And now none of this should matter? I'm getting migraines.
4) A channel trailer doesn't necessarily bring the viewers back to watch - if I watch a channel trailer, I personally wander off to someone else who's live. So this doesn't help at all for me.
5) Why are there recommended channels on MY channel? - I want viewers to watch my content. Recommended channels on a personal twitch channel defeats the whole purpose of making the new layout an eye-candy.
So...please give us the option to completely opt out of this new layout thing, 'cause I absolutely hate it. Never change a winning team - my channel and I were a winning team, I had more viewers during the last streams than before. I found good ways to communicate my schedule and brought many viewers back time and time again. I'd either keep the old layout or completely opt out of using the new one. Because I'm personally on a rollercoaster that doesn't end with this. There are loops and tunnels in that layout (so basically if you want to find something - you don't) and I don't like it.
Listen to the creators and please revert the change. I don't want to have this layout at all.