Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Subscriptions

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Subscriptions

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

475 results found

1. If I make a mistake (all too easy) and use my Prime subscription to a channel I don't want, then it appears I'm stuck for 30 days. I'd like to cancel and subscribe to a different channel, but that seems impossible. I don't understand why I can't cancel and subscribe to a different channel. Watching the channel of interest with ads is a complete non-starter for me. The content just keeps marching on (it's live), and I miss a few minutes and totally lose the thread.

Allow at least one cancel/subscribe change per 30 day period. Otherwise, the prime benefit…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. tl;dr - 12 month subscriptions are only offered to GIFTED subs and not manual (re)subscriptions. Please add an option to (re)subscribe ourselves for up to 12 months.

Currently, Twitch offers the following subscription durations when subscribing to a channel: 1 month, 3 months, and 6 months. However, if you attempt to gift a channel you are offered a different set of durations: 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, and 12 months.

Is there a specific reason as to why the inconsistency exists between gifting a sub and subbing yourself? It would be great to have parity between the two methods…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Now, Affiliates & Partners can add bonus subscriber benefits to help viewers learn about the additional benefits their channels offer when they click to Subscribe. To start, you can highlight Sub-only Discord channels or Merch Discounts. To do so, head over to your Affiliate/Partner tab under Settings to indicate these Bonus Subscriber Benefits. When enabled, viewers will see a Bonus Benefits pill at the top of the Subscription panel which they can click to quickly review the extra perks they can take advantage of when supporting your channel!

We're curious to learn about what other Bonus Subscriber Benefits you are…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. It would be AWESOME to be able to extend the subscription of a current subscriber in addition to gifting a subscription to a non-subscriber. Sometimes you just need to do something nice for a fellow chatter, but options are limited if they are already subbed! Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Gift Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let people upgrade their subs freely and refund prorated differences where appropriate. I don't understand why it's not possible to do this. I started a six month subscription to a channel in Subtember, but now I want to upgrade to tier 2 only to find out that I have to pay an additional full price for the tier 2 subscription, even though I'm already on tier 1. I can't give this streamer and Twitch more money even though I voluntarily want to, because doing so means I'm paying almost double price what I should be. Every other service I've ever…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Let me prime sub on mobile

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Subs  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I strongly believe that, when a viewer subscribes at Tier 2/3, the streamer should be taking the lion's share of that extra revenue rather than an even split. I think that should persist regardless of Plus Program eligibility. Ideally, Twitch would take the same cut as a Tier 1 sub, and the streamer would get all the extra revenue. But since I know that would never happen, I think a standard 70/30 split on those higher tier subs would be a fair compromise. That way Twitch would still generate extra revenue from those subs, but all streamers would then be…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I am not sure if this is a safety issue but there are many people gifting subs to people that have never looked at their channel before. Would be nice if there was a setting that could be turned on and off to allow for this to happen as apposed to being spammed by gifted subscriptions from channels you've never visited before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Very unethical to just keep peoples money when you ban a streamer, and also to keep charging those who subscribe recurringly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. I have a few issues with sub anniversaries:

1. (highest priority) When shared, sub anniversaries show up in chat & the activity list as a regular sub, even though the popup to share an anniversary vs subbing is different & they are obviously separate events, they just don't show as such. Confusing!

2. Because of the above, there is no real celebration of this person's anniversary i.e. initial sub date. Streamer isn't prompted to say 'yo congrats! you've been here so long!' or whatever. Why even have anniversaries at all?

3. If you DO want anniversaries to be special, make them? Like, make…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering Interest  ·  Ana responded

Thank you so much for the level of detail and organization that you used to present this idea.

11. Give people an option to reject a gifted sub - whenever I take part in a Twitch-raid I drop a follow to the target as a courtesy gesture... unfortunately this turns me into a potential recipient of an unwanted gift , which would be better suited for someone who actually watches target's content.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I like using subs to get no ads for a channel but I perfer to renew subs myself so I would ask that there be a setting to prevent auto renewal of subs instead of manually having to go to each sub and stop auto renewal.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Turkish sub price was 9.90 TL. Yesterday it became 43.90 TL.

That is a really big hike. The raise needs to be reconsidered. Otherwise it will inevitably lead to loss of subscribers and viewers for streamers in future. That is not too difficult to foresee.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow creators the ability to prevent people from gifting subs anonymously (have it be a feature they can turn off and on). People will use anonymous gifted subs as a way to harass streamers (gifting subs to disparaging or downright harmful usernames). These usernames shouldn't be allowed on twitch as they contain violent language and hate speech to begin with.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Similarly to how streamers are technically subscribed to their own channels so they can use their own emotes, I believe that streamers should be able to award a limited number of free subs to their editors and/or moderators so they can work without ads interrupting them and so they can use the streamer's emotes to help promote the channel and hype the chat.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering Interest  ·  2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. instead of increasing the price of tier 1 subs why not as a company that's grown tremendously and makes ten's of millions every year, why not do whats right and just take less from a tier 1 sub and give more to the streamers that actually do all the work and bring in the money. I have people already that say they cant afford to pay for a tier 1 now they will never get one thank you from a small streamer.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. So, as the title implies, Twitch doesn't pull your Sub Tier Names for your Twitch Alerts at the current moment.

I know it's not SUPER pressing - there's ways around it - but, uh... potential fix coming soon? Hopefully! :)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. The price hike has been going on for years and nothing ground breaking has been implemented on your part, so I cannot in all good faith sit back and take yet another bump to subscription pricing. I personally have had a gutfull of eating the price hikes over and over. And I refuse to go to the ridiculously aggressive ad campaign Twitch appears to be employing in non subbed streams. So looks like I'm voting with my wallet and getting a gym membership, or re-doubling my book and record collections, certainly won't be a kindle reader.... Either way, Amazon or…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The upcoming pricing changes in Canada are ridiculous and the justifications given are non-sensical. The current CAD 6.99 price is ALREADY more than 5 USD not to mention the taxes we have to pay on it already, CAD7.99 is too steep of an increase. Many other countries with weaker economies are getting sub price reductions, either in USD or local currency.
    The justification for the change is "This year we are updating prices in several countries to help streamer revenue keep pace with rising costs and reflect local currency fluctuations." If they want to help streamers in North America, they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Please update the German article on how to give a prime sub. It is wrong and not accurate any more. It confused me and was of no help at all. I spend an hours searching for the little box to tick. Until the friendly amazon Live Chat support was able to help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?