Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

551 results found

1. Often times if a disagreement has happened between viewer and steamer, the streamer will bring up a users chat history, while a mod or themselves mutes the viewer, giving them no way to respond. I can understand on principal that this may be good towards preventing escalations, but it feels cruel to the user. An indicator showing they have left viewing, can indicate that the streamer is effectively not talking to the person. Duck tape the mouth, but not the legs, so they can see you leave the room. I think targeted harassment would decrease.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. I like how you manage to bring this ban evading feature too but even improve it a little bit it would be working better if the reply for the restricted user would not receive a message saying "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings." it would flow into chat acting like normal but not give any alerts to that.

Like lest being honest if you post 10 messages every time you get "Your message wasn't posted due to conflicts with the channel's moderation settings." it is leading to that okay person knowing they are restricted…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Submitted this in another section of uservoice also under streaming features, but to make this more targeted.

1) Allow channel moderators the ability to see all clips that are created for a channel they moderate for.
    a) should be able to search clips by specific keyword, category, date, time frame, user
    b) should be able to edit title which may be indexed on 3rd party sites
    c) should be able to "Disable" a clip. This 100% doesn't mean to delete it, only make it non viewable on the internet to the general public. Deletion can then be handled by caster…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. Can we get a category made specifically for things like twerking streams of we are allowing them?
    Right now the art and just chatting streams are being flooded with mostly nude people or twerking videos that are flooding out other content.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I have reported a handful of accounts that use ablelist slurs as their usernames. I don't want to type them here but I am happy to help provide examples if contacted. Even Beyonce and Lizzo have changed lyrics in recent years to address this issue. I have never seen these accounts dealt with. This seems to be a blind spot in the programming or awareness of the moderation team on Twitch. Please update your guidelines or filters to include ableist slurs ASAP.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  6. Would be nice if we could assign a "super mod" of sorts, so they can do extra things, like un-mod other mods? Not every streamer has the time to sort out grievances in their communities, especially in the mod team, so a "super mod" would be nice to have so they can get rid of toxic people from the team, without having to burden the busy streamer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. It would be useful to have the ability to use @mods to ping all the mods that are in the chat in the moment you write. That would be useful in two ways:
    1) chatters could send messages like "@mods I have a question: ..." or any other thing to tell / ask the mods. All mods would get a ping so that they definetly will recognise the message and can reply.
    2) Mods could send information to the other mods in chat. Yes it would be readable for the usual chatters as well but in some case that is…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change the name of the Shield command to reduce likelihood of collision with the Shoutout command. Mistyping a shoutout shouldn't wipe chat.

Example: Typing "/sh" followed by "tab" used to autofill the command to "/shoutout". The introduction of the Shield command means this now autofills to "/shield" which is a massively different command, and not one that you want to do by accident.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop holding chat privileges ******* behind verifying a mobile number. There is no reason for this except to sell them to spammers and scammers. Some people don't even have mobile phones and can't verify.

This is one of the most pathetic things I've ever seen a company do.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The blocked terms automatically filters uppercase and lowercase together for all entries. It would be great to have a tick box to decide if we want to block terms with a single specific capitalization (teSt) or all possible ones (test, Test, TEst, etc..).

Example: for blocking specific words using L lowercase as a misused i (TWlTCH=> TWLTCH => TWITCH). This can apply to links with specific capitalization, emotes and more.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  11. Twitch's newer features automatically flagging "suspicious users" as well as the ability of mods to "restrict" user messages is a FANTASTIC addition.

The issue is these flagged messages are currently not added to the users chat log, so when they are banned moderators can't look back later to see what they did, same for the unban requests.

Can the suspicious/restricted user messages be added to their chat log? Currently they seem to disappear into the ether.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Currently watcvhing a stream who has accidentally left obs running with an open mic.

A mod tool that would be invaluable here is an "emergency cut stream" feature that knocks the streamer offline / breaks the stream connection that can then only be corrected by the streamer (maybe invalidating the stream, token, or only being reset by a new connection from the streaming software) to save them from being banned for inadvertently broadcasting something against ToS.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. @everyone tag in chat From the moderator rank!

Chatters from moderator rank can make @everyone in chat to share important messages so that everyone sees it and gets tagged.

very simple and easy.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A feature that I believe that mods should have is a emergency call button. When used it sends the streamers information to 911 dispatch. And allow mods to communicate with dispatch operators to let them know whats happening. When the button is used it also cuts off stream from anyone who isnt a Moderator. This way a Twitch streamer doesnt have to worry about giving out any personal information and can still rely on thier mods to contact help if something were to happen.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It would be nice to get some examples of what will be removed for each filter level, on each filter topic. The info given at the "learn more" page is rather vague, and as someone who's now been given 8 filter topics instead of 4, I'd like to see some clearer info on what each filter level actually does now that the topics are a lot more specific.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  16. Save mod settings to our account instead of using cookies so we may clean our browsers history daily for security proposes with out having to rearrange mod view every time we visit a channel we mod or daily per channel in this case. Thx.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  17. You can do this in VODs, why not while live? Many times a user simply made a mistake and didn't realize the full rules. I don't want to remove all context of our conversation because they put a word in a message they didn't realize was banned.

Also it's confusing for new mods to time-out instead of deleting an offending message.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Basically I want to be able to display specific streams that I mod for on my profile. I'd like it so we can select what ones we want to display.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Moderator access should include the /raid command and heres why.

Community Building and Networking:

Raids are a fantastic way for streamers to connect with each other and foster a sense of community. When a streamer raids another channel, their viewers are redirected to the target channel. This cross-promotion helps creators discover new audiences and build relationships.

Moderators, being integral members of a streamer’s community, should have the ability to initiate raids. By doing so, they can actively participate in community-building efforts and contribute to the streamer’s network.

Assisting Streamers:

Moderators play a crucial role in maintaining chat order, enforcing rules,…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. it' always uncomfortable to scroll up and look at viewers' chat logs lf you type a word, please let me haver achat that includes that word

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 27 28
  • Don't see your idea?