Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

540 results found

1. What i'd like to propose is a separate chat window thats designated for moderators. One of the biggest issues when it comes to larger streamers is an endless chat torrent that makes it near impossible to catch mod messages, even with slow mode enabled. By adding in a designated mod chat window, it would enable the broadcaster to freely swap between that and their main chat, and that way communications from their moderators won't get lost within a rapidly moving text wall.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Would it be possible to create a tool that would allow mods/streamers to obtain KNOWN troublemaking accounts such as the recent string of hate raids and bots and then ban them in bulk as opposed to one at a time?

I moderate for several streamers and I've been trying my hardest to help support the more nervous ones who have been getting follows from suspicious accounts matching the ones I'm sure most of you are aware of. But going through and manually banning one at a time is extremely time consuming, especially considering there are so many of these accounts.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. Hey!

Editors should have some more functionality I think in line with some of the ideas that Twitch added over the years to make them further distinct from moderators and warrant actually placing someone as an editor only or moderator + editor.

Some examples:

• Removing VIP badges/moderators from channels or adding VIPs/moderators to channels.

• Maybe a "role hierarchy" of Broadcaster -> Editor -> Moderator to make editor more distinct.
      So for example, if a moderator pins a message, an editor can remove the pinned message, but can't remove it if the broadcaster pins a message in chat. Likewise, if a…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Currently, users can block whispers from strangers (which most seem to have enabled), where strangers are not "someone you follow, someone you subscribe to, one of your mods, or one of your editors".

It would be helpful if mods for "someone you follow or someone you subscribe to" were also included in this list but only be applicable if mods utilize the Quick Whisper button within Mod View. Limiting it to only when the Quick Whisper button is used would keep it from being abused outside of the stream.

This will allow mods to send warnings to users without calling…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As a frequent user of Twitch chat, I would like to request a new feature that allows moderators to add slow mode to specific users instead of the entire chat. Currently, slow mode affects the entire chat, which can be frustrating for users who want to participate in the conversation at a faster pace.

The ability to add slow mode to specific users would be helpful in situations where a particular user is spamming the chat or posting inappropriate messages. By being able to add slow mode to individual users, moderators could prevent these users from continuing to disrupt the…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. Have an option to remove timeout/ban history events in the User Profile view in the mod tool. Reason: Sometimes users get accidentally timed out when mods are using the mod buttons on messages and the chat scrolls and they mis-click the incorrect user. When this happens it shows in the timeout/ban history. Some creators use this information when they are thinking of promoting a viewer to VIP or even Mod and they see a timeout/ban and that may deter them. Plus, that user is put onto the channels sharded banned list even though it was an accidently ban.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Shield Mode allows for messages from first-time chatters to be silently dropped.

A better implementation of this restriction would operate through low-trust-users (where the chatter is marked as restricted in the suspicious users interface), so mods can see the messages that were trying to be sent, and optionally unrestrict good faith first-time chatters.

With the current implementation, mods don't know who are the blocked first-time chatters or what message content they are trying to send. Via the suspicious users interface, mods could unrestrict first-time chatters that appear in good faith while shield mode is activated.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Emote spam is a constant annoyance, it would be great for channels to have an option that blocks emotes in chat. There could also be an option where only channel emotes are allowed. A text-only mode or an emote blacklist would be excellent.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  9. When there are multiple mods on a channel and some of them attempt to timeout the same person via the user profile info box at the same time, what tends to happen is the mods will timeout the user and untimeout them immediately after. When the user is in timeout, the untimeout button appears exactly where the "10s" "1m" "10m" "30m" timeout buttons used to be. It would be very helpful if the untimeout button did not appear where the timeout buttons used to be. Maybe even add a 1-2 second delay on how fast someone can time the same…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  10. That there is a setting where the moderators have to approve all links that are posted before it is sent. This could also be integrated into the defense mode and only activated when this is activated (as a setting like the rest in the mode).

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  11. Sometimes viewers are accidently banned in a stream due to a mis-click by the streamer or moderator. They are normally quickly unbanned but the viewer will show up in other streams as "banned" to to the banned viewer sharing. If the original streamer who banned them unbans them within say 10 minutes it would be good if the viewer then dropped off the "shared banned" listing.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  12. So I am a mod for a streamer and we had a situation that there was someone that knew the streamer irl and the streamer preferred for them to not watch their stream. It would be great if there was a feature to restrict them from watching.

This can also help on restricting known doxxers from doxxing streamers if the streamer knows their accounts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  13. If a viewer breaks a rule 3 (or some set amount of) times in chat, Automod should then go ahead and ban the user permanently for the streamer.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  14. I'm dissatisfied with the tools/the power that twitch and streamlabs has given me to report trolls who sexually harass me in my stream. For instance, someone came into my live stream on 6/10/20 (somewhere between 8:40am and 10:00am eastern) and wrote in the chat: "what kind of **** do you like?" The bot immediately flagged the word '*' and asked me to choose allow or deny. So I pressed deny. I can't remember if I hit Ban or not on this person. But by doing that, I can't report the person now because it doesn't show their screen name

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Just like the timeout/ban in profiles, add a new category called warnings. Warnings can be issued by /warn [user] [reason] or by clicking a chat / profile button and entering a reason. Not everyone wants to timeout a user / ban a user. It would also allow us moderators to keep moderation actions private and not use the Wisper system and allow us to keep track of warnings and who their issued by. The way this would work is the user, would receive a popup with the warning or can receive a message like the announcement command, or a pinned…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I think it would be useful if the unban request from the user who was banned to be saved in the Usercard just in case mods want to go back to check the unban request even if it was already accepted/denied. Maybe similarly to how the "ban reason" that gets shown in the Usercard under "Bans"

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be fantastic to get some additional controls for the Unban Request system including:
    -Timeouts (x submissions in x time - to override the 1 max by the system)
    -Minimum ban time to submit ban appeal (if we just banned them we should be able to avoid them submitting a request a minute later - they'll use their one unban request up by doing this)
    -Enable/Disable
    -Ability to add notes/instructions for users

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  18. Hey!

I know a lot of streamers (including me) who have a "self sacrifice" channel point redemption and my MODS for some reason always want to redeem it...

I was wondering if we can get timeout that don't remove MOD status to a MOD but when banned that their MOD status would still be removed.

I know it is this way to prevent anyone with access to the person's account that is MOD or the MOD themselves posting, breaking rules. I've had MODs break rules and do some pretty awful stuff (Try to ban everyone) but most part IMO if…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  19. I mod for a stream with 2k+ chatters and we often have several mods in at one time. Unfortunately we've had some issues with the ban icon that shows up next to usernames in the chat. When two mods hit the ban icon at nearly the same time, the first bans, but the second mod who hits the icon - even immediately after - unbans the user on accident. This is a bad design, I feel, because if a mod does not notice the user has been accidentally unbanned, then they are free to return and repeat their behavior. It…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Often times if a disagreement has happened between viewer and steamer, the streamer will bring up a users chat history, while a mod or themselves mutes the viewer, giving them no way to respond. I can understand on principal that this may be good towards preventing escalations, but it feels cruel to the user. An indicator showing they have left viewing, can indicate that the streamer is effectively not talking to the person. Duck tape the mouth, but not the legs, so they can see you leave the room. I think targeted harassment would decrease.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?