Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

540 results found

1. Twitch removes my name from banned words :(

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Allowing Mods and Creators to view if a user has been banned from other channels.
    Also updating the Ban function to require a reason for Ban. Just a check list.

e.g. if someone comes into my channel that has been banned from another channel i can see that they have been banned for Harassment or Spamming

Will allow Mods to keep an eye on users bouncing from channel to channel

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. Hey Twitch Community,

I've got a simple suggestion that could make life easier for all of us, especially mods. Right now, when someone shares a link in a mod comment, it's just plain text. We have to copy and paste it to access it, which can be a bit of a hassle, especially when it's for something like checking out a screenshot.

So, how about we make those links clickable in user cards? It's a quick and easy fix that would save us all time and make things smoother. Whether it's for reviewing evidence, sharing resources, or anything else, clickable…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Have a section in Twitch where you can see all the streamers who you have moderator role. This would be helpful in the long run since some Twitch users have a moderator role on more than one channel.

Similar to modlookup, a third party website where Twitch users can see all of the streamers who are they currently moderating. Since Twitch's API changes in February 2023 have made it impossible to keep modlookup operational, it would be nice to have as separate section for users to access and would be convenient for it to link to streamers we currently moderate…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The new restrictions on verified chat requires using a personal mobile number only??? You want me to expose my personal mobile number to being hacked or used for your marketing purposes? I have a VOIP number associated with my my email and mobile number for the purpose of keeping things separated that I have used for SEVEN YEARS for security purposes. It is a shame that you don't respect your user's privacy and security. The recent hack of Twitch is proof I don't want you to have my personal mobile number. You need to change the requirement, since I have…

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When a user is flagged as a possible ban evader in the mod tools, can we have it show the linked accounts that set off the alert for possible ban evasion?

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Restricted mode should NOT inform the chatter that their messages are not being delivered to the rest of chat. I feel like this is motive to encourage someone to act out even more... I feel like someone being restricted should not know they are being restricted. Feels VERY unsafe.

Sure, a ban may be the viable option, but there can be a lot of nuance to the relationships between fellow streamers and their communities... where nothing ban worthy has necessarily occurred but you might want to prevent an incident in the case something does.

I personally switched to monitoring mode…

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. With the new Shared Listing rolling out, I immediately can see the 30 user limit being way too small for some communities, especially those with active-vigilant mod teams that are interconnected and share user information with one another. If the server is able to support it, raising it to 50 and steadily into 75 would be amazing just so we can have a larger network of mod support- and for the sake of sentiment, we look like we're even more supportive of each other :)

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  9. Currently with the new User monitoring system, when a user has been marked as restricted all further messages from the user are not logged anywhere. So a use case: A user has been marked as Restricted due to ban evasion and decides to come into a channel to be unruly and toxic, the messages are hidden from the rest of chat and a moderator can action accordingly eg ban. That said user comes back at a later period and requests an unban. There is no context other than the user is restricted. There is none of the users messages in…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Having the ability to easily and quickly permit links from users would be a great help. Most of us use bots like Nightbot, Moobot, Streamlabs/Elemets to deal with links in chat we don't want and auto block them but with BTTV we were able to click on a user name and clikc !permit for that user.

My idea is that either add that feature to Mod View when we clikc a name or better yet, force Auto Mod to grab the links first and then allow mods to permit it if we so desire. This then give the user who…

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  11. It is a common occurrence for moderators to judge transgressions differently from each other, or from the broadcaster, and apply different timeout lengths. I feel moderators could benefit from having the timeout duration for the specified user not overridden by subsequent timeouts, but rather have a notice given to the mods specifying the remaining timeout for that person.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Prevent Unverified Users without a phone number added to their account from following your channel. This setting should be toggle-able by the streamer in the Dashboard and will prevent follow bots from spamming your stream with follows from unverified, brand new accounts that were generated with scripts.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When you click on a users chat logs, then click off and the user has sent messages later in the stream then the chat logs won't update. Its a big pain when you look at the logs of a user and need to look at them again in an hour or so but the logs haven't updated and you need to refresh your chat window.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  14. I see how the unban request option can be helpful, especially in the situation of accidental bans/misunderstandings, but many bans that are carried out are intentional and for outright hateful behavior, and the unban requests associated with those are usually filled with more hateful speech that mods and streamers shouldn't be exposed to.
    It would be very helpful to have an option when banning to say "this was intentional and we don't need any further contact with this user"

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the request. This was actually our first idea too, but it’s been difficult to think of a way to do it without making the Ban flow too complicated, especially for Mods who are currently using the Mod Action buttons next to messages to Ban.

15. I sometimes accidentally delete the wrong message through the mod icon when the chat scrolls up one message right before I click. I think stopping the chat for a mod when he hovers a mod icon for a specific message would improve the modding experience.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. It would be very useful if mod logs showed timeout and banned messages under the 'bans' and 'timeouts' tabs so mods don't have to scroll forever though their messages trying to find why a user had a past ban or timeout. Since mods can't put a reason why someone is banned or timed out for every user they moderate. Especially in a high traffic stream.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  17. Right now if you block a user and you moderate for a channel that said user is in, you will still see their messages. I have certain users blocked for a reason and me seeing them in chats that I moderate drives me away from the streams. The streamer does not want them banned, so that is not a viable option. I understand that as a moderator your job is to keep an eye on users, but other mods can help out regarding these instances.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. When we use tags on Twitch, it can and has alerted trolls to the streamer. This does not make the streamer themselves feel safeguarded. Now while it is known that this is not the easiest. It might be an idea to try this out:

For each tag, create a moderation kit/folder which contains grouped banned words that can be automatically added to the streamers automod ruleset list. What this will do is auto filter and timeout trolls that come into the streamers channel.

An example would be:
    Black Tag - This folder would contain common racial slurs along with different…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  19. There is a glaring loophole in chat history logging that has been present for years since the chat logging system started. It involves changing your name via Twitch's name change feature. Once someone has changed their name, you can no longer reliably pull up their entire chat history. It is effectively halted for the old name, and wiped for the new name so long as you do not have their original name.

I'll try to explain this as simple as I can.

Let's say I have actual years of chat logs under the name "desertp" on "examplechannel"
    https://www.twitch.tv/popout/examplechannel/viewercard/desertp?popout=
    All of…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  20. There is a checkbox in "Channel & Videos" tab of your channel settings, called "Opt out of globally banned words filter".

I had it enabled since I started streaming a month ago. And today I discovered, that it does not work - some words, like "tranny" for example, are still replaces with asterisks to everyone else in chat. I was disappointed.

I despise any form of censorship. When I come to other streams and I see their chat rules "Be nice, no spam..." - I respect the rules. Its their choice. Why can't Twitch respect my own choice to treat…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?