Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

551 results found

1. so when I got ban form the channel and after few days later it doesn’t said who check ban request by one of the mod so I have to end up re type the unban request again

I want to know if the dev team can able to make that tell a person of mod that check my unban request from that channel so I want to make sure it wasn’t a streamer that check the ban request because I can’t tell who check that unban request message was it the mods or was it the streamer

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Create a history of reports and violations in the dashboard! I think this is a good idea!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In the moderator view, when clicking on a user as moderator, it will show how many times the user got banned on different channels. This will prevent trolling and will make the job easier for moderators.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  4. I think carrying the bans over to the raided streamer's channel would help many raided creator's with the trolls that may have been watching the previous channel. This would mainly help with bigger creators raiding smaller creators! the raided creator's mods could maybe accept or deny the ban requests maybe, and if they accept, all the people who were banned in the previous chat get banned in theirs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ich bin Moderator in einigen Streams und mir ist es leider schon oft passiert, dass wenn ich eine Nachricht löschen oder den User timeouten wollte, genau in dem Moment der Chat eine weitere Zeile nach oben rutscht und ich den falschen User erwische und ich diesen zu unrecht bestrafe.
    Wie wäre es wenn man als Moderator über den chat hovered, und der Chat dann stoppt/freezed damit das Problem nicht mehr auftaucht.

Ich hoffe ich konnte meine Idee gut erklären und würde mich freuen wenn sie eines tages umgesetzt wird.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  6. Can we possibly get a feature that Mods/Editors of a channel can use to hide certain extremely toxic comments from the Streamer?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Often a user in chat will post an objectionable message which the streamer and moderators miss: there may be an offensive meaning which is objectionable but cleverly concealed and a violation of channel-specific rules, for example.

I suggest adding a "flag" icon that works very much like the existing Reply button on every chat message whereby people in chat can select another chat message and post a reply message into chat which will be visible to channel moderators, chat bots with moderator status, and the streamer, Only, and non-moderators cannot see the reply.

This way there would be a safer…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need to create a gifted sub mode and sub mode. I notice watching gta rp that all streamer go to sub mode and still get a toxic chat because of the gifted subs. Either make it two different modes or make it so that the longest following channel gets the sub and not the new ones that hops into other streams

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Some viewers are getting a 1hr timeout just for subscribing.
    At least we could fix that Twitch blunder with an undo function.

Sometimes viewers are accidentally timeout due to the jumps in chat. Those can be reverted but the new sub timeout cannot.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  10. Why not have all available mod actions on the mod view? Or does that make too much sense?
    Mods have to exit mod view to clear chat which a mod action.
    To avoid accidents the "Clear Chat" option could be placed in the menu above.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  11. I'm a moderator for a small channel, seen that I like to partecipate to other communities there could be the chance to be the mod of other streamers and a feedback tools could be helpful to give this chance. So integrate, for example, after a month that I partecipate as moderator of a community an istrument to give feedback how is good to keep clean and friendly a community.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need to be able to arrange users in chat by account creation date, user name ect. Thx.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Is there a way to replace an offensive word with new characters or text? Example : The word "****" would be replaced with "@#$%". Is this something that can be done already?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  14. We should be able to customize the

"Enter a reason for your unban" message and "help hints"

Example use case: a channel would describe what they expect the user to do in the field in order to apply for a unban correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ever since July we had to scale down Automod to (lowest) on chat to lowest filtering, and yet the chat language German the automod manges to find and put serval perfectly normal words as held for review... As potential slurs...

For example:
    - Every chat message containing "wenig / weniger" the German words for "few and fewer", "Kleinigkeit" the German word for "small thing", "Abonent/Abonement" the German words for "Subscriber and Subscription", "eine große Anstrengung" German for "a big effort"

Is there any hope of Twitch connecting the set stream language to the the strictness Automod?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  16. Streamers and Mods should be required to allow at least two communications with chat banned users seeking an explanation for the ban/seeking to be reinstated. The only exception to this would be if a mod or streamer feels another request for lifting the ban should be allowed. Failure to communicate with the banned user should result in loss of Affiliate or Partner status because they failed to represent what Twitch is, how chat bans work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. As a feature request, Allow MODs to see & moderate created clips, currently only available to channel editors. and account owners.

My suggestion allow MODs to 1) see all channel clips for channel they moderate for 2) edit clip titles 3) "Disable" a clip making it Private, non viewable or indexable on internet. Then keep Delete function for Editors & channel owners.

With this I'd also suggest adding a Clips API endpoint so a person or 3rd party service could generate a CSV file of all clips on a channel. This should also be accessible to MODs & Channel owners…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. As a mod there have been times where I have banned someone and then later wanted to unban them, however I sometimes forget the username of the user I ban. There should be a channel setting where you can go to and see the list of everyone who's currently banned at the stream, which would make it easier to find the person I'm looking for and unban them

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  20. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?