Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

536 results found

1. I'm a moderator for a small channel, seen that I like to partecipate to other communities there could be the chance to be the mod of other streamers and a feedback tools could be helpful to give this chance. So integrate, for example, after a month that I partecipate as moderator of a community an istrument to give feedback how is good to keep clean and friendly a community.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. We need to be able to arrange users in chat by account creation date, user name ect. Thx.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  3. Is there a way to replace an offensive word with new characters or text? Example : The word "****" would be replaced with "@#$%". Is this something that can be done already?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  4. We should be able to customize the

"Enter a reason for your unban" message and "help hints"

Example use case: a channel would describe what they expect the user to do in the field in order to apply for a unban correctly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Ever since July we had to scale down Automod to (lowest) on chat to lowest filtering, and yet the chat language German the automod manges to find and put serval perfectly normal words as held for review... As potential slurs...

For example:
    - Every chat message containing "wenig / weniger" the German words for "few and fewer", "Kleinigkeit" the German word for "small thing", "Abonent/Abonement" the German words for "Subscriber and Subscription", "eine große Anstrengung" German for "a big effort"

Is there any hope of Twitch connecting the set stream language to the the strictness Automod?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  6. Streamers and Mods should be required to allow at least two communications with chat banned users seeking an explanation for the ban/seeking to be reinstated. The only exception to this would be if a mod or streamer feels another request for lifting the ban should be allowed. Failure to communicate with the banned user should result in loss of Affiliate or Partner status because they failed to represent what Twitch is, how chat bans work.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. As a feature request, Allow MODs to see & moderate created clips, currently only available to channel editors. and account owners.

My suggestion allow MODs to 1) see all channel clips for channel they moderate for 2) edit clip titles 3) "Disable" a clip making it Private, non viewable or indexable on internet. Then keep Delete function for Editors & channel owners.

With this I'd also suggest adding a Clips API endpoint so a person or 3rd party service could generate a CSV file of all clips on a channel. This should also be accessible to MODs & Channel owners…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. As a mod there have been times where I have banned someone and then later wanted to unban them, however I sometimes forget the username of the user I ban. There should be a channel setting where you can go to and see the list of everyone who's currently banned at the stream, which would make it easier to find the person I'm looking for and unban them

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Ignoring users can be very useful to remove negativity from your chat experience. Right now, it is not possible in chats you moderate. Surely it is your task to see negative things and remove them, but sometimes there are people, who are not an issue for chat in general, but for you personally. It would be great to have a switch or command (e.g. /fullignore) to remove these users from your chatting experience once and for all. This could then also remove them from being listed as recommended stream and similar situations.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Implement the ability to apply for a viewing of previous account names for moderation ability.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello, what do you think about an individual "Emote only" to juste one user, if you want to calm someone without chat restricting him

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. When multiple mods try to ban someone, the person gets banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, banned, unbanned, etc, etc, repeat because there is only 1 button, and when the first mod clicks to ban, the button changes to UNban for everyone else.

But, if another mod is also clicking "Ban" and they're 1 milisecond slower, the button changes to UNban right before they click it. And the person gets unbanned.

This is a really bad UX for mods and users alike.

Please separate the buttons instead of changing the meaning of the ban button so mods get the intended action they…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. spiel conquero`s blade

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. A notorious DDoS/DOX'er troll has been plaguing many different games long enough to warrant this thread. He's pretty good at it, I'll give him that, but hitting us all offline constantly IS a felony, and incredibly annoying. He's known as 'nan0,' but has made thousands of accounts over the years, getting around streamer IP masking and VPN protections somehow just to troll streamers.

He goes into your chats with new accounts, waits for you to queue into matchmaking, snipes you, gets your IP, and hits you offline. He's not the only one, but he's the best I've come across since…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. I invested in hot ******* and got no ******* so i got a Lady of Liberty (usa joke, canada kewl quebecois oui oui ca c'est un bonne chose!" (FRENCH LANGUAGE AI BRUHHHH_+++++.mpg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  17. It would be ideal if Twitch set a tax, a fine for people who get banned that varies based on the ban. Each ban level is assigned a monetary value that the streamer must pay. I think this allows Twitch to ensure a cleaner platform and reduce bans

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  18. please add a way to stop possible /likey ban evaders from coming to the stream. twitch currently only stops banned people and not possible/ likely ban evaders ive reported atleast 600 accounts requesting and demanding they IP ban the user and twitch does nothing, seriously about to switch to another platform to stream if nothing is done!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Streamers currently have a block list so we can prevent usage of certain words or phrases being used in chat.

We would like to have a similar block list but for usernames, so if someone has created a username that contains a word or phrase that's restricted in our channel, AUTOMOD would prevent them from interacting with chat and give moderators an alert so they can review if the username truly contains a restricted word or not and choose to allow the user to interact with chat.

If the user attempts to follow the channel it would detect the restricted…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. So i get bullied/harrased while streaming, usernames are the main thing attacking me or friends with really messed up stuff. It is so bad that i have to stop my game and report them and block them.

My idea is, can we please have a feature that says you can only watch this streamer if you are a follower. Not the you can't type anything in the chat ****. Or even have it as a 30 seconds countdown that if the person doesnt follow your stream in that amount of time, they get black screened and a pop up that…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?