Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

555 results found

1. Currently, when you enable the "Show mod icons" in a chat where you have that permission, the icons for ban/timeout/delete message take up a lot of space in chat and it's quite easy to misclick an icon on a wrong message if chat is moving in a fast pace. For those reasons, I generally have this option disabled in chats that I moderate.

I like the way how the "pin this message" and "reply to message" icons work, whereas they only show when you hover over a specific message in chat. Could we make all mod icons work like that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. When i view a user's chat messages on the User Card, I would like to be able to click the message (or, just the timestamp) and deep-link to the VOD at approximately (maybe 30 seconds prior?) to the message being posted. This can help give needed context to a chat message, which sometimes can be interpreted incorrectly without the larger context.

As it is now, I'd have to do the math to figure out the local-time timestamp to the VOD by figuring out the start time of the stream and then seek to the offset of that start time of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UserCard  ·  Admin →
  3. I've created a Channel about dogs. When I create a clip, in the title I try to put something which has the word 'dog' (perro in Spanish), and it says there's an insult in the title. I've changed moderation level to 2 and also added the words 'perro' and 'perros' to the admitted words, but still it doesn't work.
    Could you please fix it?
    Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  4. Currently, Automod doesn't censor VIPs or Moderators, and while normally it shouldn't have to, the thing is accidents do happen. As a Family Friendly streamer, it's important to me that my viewers aren't exposed to any foul language. Unfortunately, some of my VIPs and even Mods forget to think before they speak and a bad word suddenly manages to slip out... When these thankfully rare situations arise, I rely on automod to catch it as my last line of defense, but sadly that hasn't been the case. Just like with allowing or blocking links for VIPs and Moderators, I'd greatly…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. As someone who has to manually keep track of when the next hypetrain is available by writing the time once a train is completed. It would be nice to have a mod notification alerting mods that a hypetrain is ready. There are times where I forget to write down time and have to do my best to figure out when the next is ready. Having a notification would solve that issue and allow me to focus more on chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add simple sorting options for redemption queue in moderator and streamer view. Particularly the ability to sort the redemption list by most recent.
    Highly active redemptions can quickly stack up many pages in the history, and clicking through sets of 50 for something in the multiple hundreds or even thousands is both slow and causes browser lag. A simple drop down and "sort by most recent" would solve these problems and increase convenience.

One streamer I moderate for is chronically anxious about rejecting or completing the history, and has hundreds of thousands of entries in the queues going back years.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. Stream delay for viewer categories

To combat stream snipers, allow streamers to customize a stream delay for each group of viewers. Similar to the "Followers-only mode" settings in Moderation, but for the stream itself.
    e.g. Subscribers: no delay, Followers: 30s-1min delay, Non-followers/Guests: 3min delay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. The new feature that allows people to tag creators in the channel title does not currently work in Mod View. Having that not visible in the title in Mod View makes the feature feel like it's not working and if a mod happened to want to look more into the creators that are being tagged, they would have to manually search for that creator or find them in the viewer list (which, there is no guarantee that someone being featured on the stream would be in the viewer list) which defeats the purpose of having the feature in the first…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It seems that there are no banned words in the ban appeals so banned users are saying some very nasty things to streamers using the ban appeals to get around banned words in the chat. The streamer I mod for being a female is getting some really disgusting and disturbing things said to her in the ban appeals because of this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. I tried to get phone verification but never received SMS or call with the code. My phone number has +57 prefix. Three weeks trying without success. I’m not able to chat with some streamers because of this issue.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We need a way to make it so new accounts cant chat/follow, the current system is useless, someone can just make a new account, verify it with a burner email and skip all the security to harass the streamer continuously. Phone verify alienates people because not everyone wants to give away their phone number/ it can be a bit of a hassle to set up.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It may seem extreme to some people, but i'm a moderator on a girl streamer's channel and lately she's gotten a lot of harassment from just one person, that person does not stop creating accounts all the time just to continue writing uncomfortable and improper things to her.

Me and her channel's moderator team are reporting all of his accounts through Twitch's reporting system, but that won't limit the person from creating new accounts.

So, my idea is that only the streamer will have access to suspend IP addresses of multi-account stalkers.

Thanks for reading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  13. I don't know if anyone else has been having this problem, but is Shield Mode supposed to turn on automatically when you end stream? It carries over to the beginning of the stream and the person I'm modding for has to turn it off manually every time. Is it because they use OBS Studio? Or is it because they raid? If anyone else had this problem, ways to fix this would be a huge help!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Admin →
  14. Ban any spelling or spacing of the word r@pe. I have had to type this word in every way possible onto my banned phrases list and I am sick of people coming up with new ways that the automod will not pick it up. It would be valuable for the mental health of streamers/viewers if this word could be recognized in every way possible so that it doesn't ever get through on chat. I appreciate the attempts to catch it but... I feel that more could be done. Thank you for your time.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Right now, the manual word block list has to be entered one phrase at a time. This can take a very long time. Allow the ability to enter the full comma separated list all at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I wish Shield mode had a Slider in Moderator Mode just like the other chat options. However to prevent accidental Activation it had a confirmation pop up kind of like when you look at emotes or click a username to gift a sub.

Admin audit: Summarized idea in title for ease of search & discovery by other users.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Groups of people are creating multi-accounts and following channels only for disturb, i think you must to add option to ban new accounts that follow the channel in shield mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. We should be able to add single character wildcards for special characters in other languages alphabets such as Cyrillic and Hebrew. Currently when setting a filter for *ю* we get "That term is too short and will not be enforced." This would make moderating easier for strictly English based streams where viewers ignore the stream language tags, spoken language and language written in chat, etc.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I think it wouldt be awesome if there where a feature in the Automod to track links in Chat. That wouldt be better than just fully block every links, so the mods can look what the link is and allow or disallow it for the chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. While I do like the monitoring function, I feel like it is "crowding" the mod-chat too much. Can we maybe, instead of having the person and their message shown in a colored box, stating they are suspicious, have a colored icon showing near their name? That way, if the person chats a lot, the mod-chat is not "crowded" by the colored box.

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?