Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

197 results found

1. Right now it is very tedious to have to only be able to add one word at a time if you're adding blocked words to your channel. I think it would be better if we could add 5 or 10 words at a time, separated by commas or or semicolons. This would make it less of a hassle for streamers to add banned words, especially if we have a long list of words we want to add.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. the option to "/marker [notes]" is only for editors, however sometimes the Mods would like to just drop a marker for the streamer or for the editors to go back to as a good point of ref for them.

For an example; "Start highlight here, end here"

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. Add a prompt that pops up after a mod bans or times out a chatter. The mod notes in the user card are great but often my team forgets to add them since it's a bunch of extra navigating. Pop in a "why?" when it happens and that would be helpful (also perhaps an option for the message to be sent to the modded chatter??)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. La opción de que los mods del canal puedan hacer clips, ya que la mayoría de los streamers deshabilitaron la opción de hacer clips para prevenir el DMCA pero hay momentos graciosos o importantes donde no hace falta un clip, y no que el streamer lo haga y pierda el tiempo haciéndolo, seria muy útil que habilitaran esa funcion :D

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. A lot of the time, users get banned for saying things that could be considered hateful or homophobic in Deere's chat, but it's hard to process an unban request because there is no real context around what was said.

It would be nice to be able to be able to click a message in someone's chat history and be able to expand the rest of the chat around the time the user said said message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be nice if we could have a second chat view that we could be provided with filter criteria, like "following less than X time" or "Account is less than X days old".

A lot of the time, troll accounts are throwaways and it would be easier to catch bad actors quickly, especially in situations such as raids where chat moves fast and it's hard to follow.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Some viewers write about our broadcast in the community or sns
    And that is very paranoid and malicious
    It’s painful because it spreads to other communities
    That's why people are fooled by strange rumors that they have never seen our broadcast
    It even knows which viewers started.
    They are already banned, but only chat is banned, so they can watch our broadcast.
    We already know how to stop them in a legal way
    But this requires a lot of time and money
    So we just want they can't watch broadcasts as well as chat
    (This request can be awkward because…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Recently there was a change in the permaban system so when you permaban a person he can't see chat anymore. I understand that this is added to prevent harassment and stalking, but I think it's not fair, what does his typing something bad in chat has with his reading the chat? If he violated rules by typing something inappropriate, I just ban him from typing, that's only fair, but I don't want to ban him from reading. It's not only unfair but also encourages people to create alternative accounts to be able to read chat again while they could stay…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mods cannot timeout/ban each other, so showing the mod actions view adds an unnecessary step when I want to access the simple user actions box. (this intermediary view could be retained for broadcasters, however, in the rare event where the streamer would like to apply a moderation action to a mod)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A lot of the time I'm chasing a name around a moving chat trying to right click it for the Purge/Ban interface. It would be way easier if I could see a message that needs to be purged that warrants a ban and just right click the message itself to get that popup interface.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Right now on the twitch app, you can tap someone’s name for the ban and timeout options to show up. However, when using timeout, it defaults to 10 minutes. Please add options to the timeout feature on the mobile app that allow mods to choose between different set times for a timeout. Such as: 1 second(purge), 1 hour, 1 day, ect. My biggest wish is to just being able to purge someone’s messages from stream when I need to mod from mobile. If more timeout options can’t be added, then at least add a ‘Purge’ option to the app that…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. As a chat moderator today which unfortunately fell victim to a several hundred user chat spam bot posting dodgy discords and highly offensive messages, I was able to ban them all with the shield mode tool which worked incredibly well.

The problem is - using the batch reporting tool, after I went past the first 100 or so, it stopped allowing me to report any more accounts.

I understand a cap to prevent spam reports, but SURELY, for moderators using the batch reporting tool, especially when spam bots are all over Twitch the way they are, the amount should be…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I got banned for either saying " Jalen has klown legs" or Wooo, go raiders" a full minute after play? There was no explanation or warning, just banned? I dont think klown legs is racist or political?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. When handling unban requests, we often think "ok you apologized, but your request was too soon regarding how long we estimate you should be banned"

I think having an option to set the end of the ban to a further date would help a lot. The interface could tell requesters that we have accepted their request and that they will be unbanned at the specified time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A list for moderators to view who the other mods have marked as suspicious user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It would be great for channel Editors to be shown in the AutoMod queue when users attempt to use blocked terms in a channel. Certain words/phrases can have multiple variations and it's unknown when someone is actually trying to use those. Having this available to Editors+ would be helpful for catching bad actors before something gets posted in chat, without bothering all mods who may not all be privy to that information or know how to deal with it (such as attempts at doxxing). Mod Cards should also have a separate section for blocked terms/automodded words so that all of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Stream delay for viewer categories

To combat stream snipers, allow streamers to customize a stream delay for each group of viewers. Similar to the "Followers-only mode" settings in Moderation, but for the stream itself.
    e.g. Subscribers: no delay, Followers: 30s-1min delay, Non-followers/Guests: 3min delay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. It may seem extreme to some people, but i'm a moderator on a girl streamer's channel and lately she's gotten a lot of harassment from just one person, that person does not stop creating accounts all the time just to continue writing uncomfortable and improper things to her.

Me and her channel's moderator team are reporting all of his accounts through Twitch's reporting system, but that won't limit the person from creating new accounts.

So, my idea is that only the streamer will have access to suspend IP addresses of multi-account stalkers.

Thanks for reading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?