Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

192 results found

1. A filter for the activity feed to flag followers and the ability to multi-select new followers so we can batch select fake followers so we can ban & remove them easily.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. So in practice this idea seems simple and would be effective. The basic premise of this would be that the Streamer can toggle on/off a feature that would require someone to have a twitch account and be following to view the content otherwise it would just be a black screen that says "Please login and follow to view the following content". I think this could help prevent harassment on various levels as I will describe.

Scenario 1 - Stream Sniping
    So for anyone who plays online multiplayer games, stream snipers can ruin a stream quiet fast. Whether it be Fortnite,…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sometimes mods timeout/ban someone on accident. We quickly unban them, but it still shows that they've been timed out and their record isn't clean. This can be harmful to the chatter as other mods or the streamer might think they've actually done something wrong and make a decision in the future based on this false record.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. There needs to be an option to choose what powers moderators get. Training a new mod? give them only the ability to delete messages and give timeouts. One of your mods bans people too easily? Take away their ability to ban people. This needs to be more granular.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  5. Mods can flag a Suspicious user on chat, but the streamer can only see "Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiiin" for example.

it would be way more useful if the streamer could see the reason why I flagged the user. Writen by the moderator himself.

Example:

"Username flagged as Suspicious by Badiin, reason: Account created just a minute before the follow"

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make the list of banned users visible to all moderators and not just the streamer

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I think twitch has to improve the way new accounts are created. Recently in a chat I moderate there was a guy creating accounts with the username composed with the streamer's name followed by an insult and despite being banned every single time, he keep creating new accounts every 5 minutes. It's ridiculous that twitch account creation system doesn't prevent that behavior from happening.
    Also, after reporting every account one by one, they only removed one of them (the third one), and not the original account nor de subsequent accounts.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Moderators or streamers have a "report" button that notifies twitch staff of a viewbot or followbot attack and it can ping a staff member to come and watch the channel to see the attack in action so that the attacker cannot report the channel for viewbotting/following.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Inspired by a real life incident today having to ban a person for calling the streamer a 'dirty wh**e' in French, moderators having to do the extra leg work to translate languages they don't speak on a third party website to curb abuse could be massively simplified by having an option baked into the system to detect language and offer a translation as required would make for an excellent tool to keep our communities safer.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Give moderators the ability to temporarily suspend the ability for new viewers/chatters to follow the stream. This would be a useful feature for when followbots and/or hate raids attack a channel, the mods could put /followsoff (or similar) in chat to make the follow button unavailable for that stream. This would prevent mass followbots, prevent hate raiders from following, and prevent the painful process of streamers having to break away from their content and deal with turning off alerts and other mitigation measures. The mods could then use /followson (or similar) to reactivate follows. (There could be a "default" where…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There are some terms that you just DON'T WANT in your chat, so you block them, but then a mod could come in and still use it...
    My suggestion is that something like a checkbox or a dropdown is added to the Blocked Terms manager that denotes whether mods, vips, subs, etc can use a blocked term.

For example, you may be ok with only mods being able to use the F word, but you REALLY don't want ANYONE to use the C, N or R words, not even mods.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hello! I'm relatively new to streaming. I've had fun using the platform and I look forward to continuing to grow my channel and meet new users. However, one of my friends and I have been running into an issue with streaming Jackbox Party Games.

We want people to be involved and play with us, but we are running into issues with trying to ban users that use vulgar language and racial slurs. While we can ban them if they are logged into their account, we can't keep them off of the stream and being able to participate if they just…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. userid and userlogin tags for IRC notices would help with further programatic actions instead of replying on parsing the display name from the notice. Parsing a display name does not always work to retrieve user information (e.g. when in Korean).

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allowing the editor to delete the moderators messages

because some moderators may make a mistake by placing a wrong link, mistakenly suspect it, or make a mistake in anything, so the editor can delete the message.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Shared ban lists should have the option of auto-banning people on the list (instead of just monitoring or restricting them). Most likely this would have to be paired with some way of categorizing and collaborating on your ban list so you could just share a "worst of the worst" ban list with another streamer and anyone either of you adds there would be auto-banned from both your channels. This could help streamers who have shared values and a close relationship avoid problematic streamers.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Have an option to permit a message that is flagged by auto mod instead of adding it as a permitted term.
    This is because sometimes a term is relevant to a topic of discussion but can quickly be used in an inappropriate or hateful manner.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. There are situations where mods may accidentally ban someone (sometimes clicking over to chat and accidentally hitting one of the mod tool buttons) and even if they're immediately unbanned, they're permanently on the shared ban list and whenever they show up in a chat that shares that banned list they get restricted from chatting and unless you mod in all the chats that share the ban list, you can't remove them from it.

I just feel like there should be a way to undo someone being put on the shared ban list because it can really suck for a viewer…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow creators to force a timed-out user to watch a short video explaining why they have been timed-out to return the chat/stream.

It happens sometime that user are misconducting not-necesserly on-purpose, and they may feel a ban or timeout unjustified. Neither creators or moderators have time to explain everytime what is wrong with such misconduct, and it can create a lot of frustration on both side.

Ban and timeout lack sometime of context, and in the same time, a timed-out user who has intentionally misconduct may just want to continue to harass, so they would have to come back again…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I share ban list with another account, I banned an account prior to the ability of being able to share bans. I recently unbanned that account but it's still reporting it being banned in my shared ban list to other accounts but it's not banned in my account. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Here's the link showing it's banned
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037406389594767410/unknown.png

link showing it's not banned in my channel
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403865185779753/unknown.png

what I see when in a channel I share a ban list with:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403301060296805/unknown.png

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Presently, when timing out a user in chat, whether it be via a chat command, the value picked is the value set, with no way to increment or decrement it without setting the new value yourself. Instead, could moderators and streamers have the option to use + and - in the timeout commands to adjust timeout lengths?

For example, a moderator times out user123 via chat by doing /timeout user123 600. They later decide to shave two minutes off the timeout, but we are forced to guess what the new number would be. Instead, perhaps we can also have an…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?