Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

192 results found

1. So I am a mod for a streamer and we had a situation that there was someone that knew the streamer irl and the streamer preferred for them to not watch their stream. It would be great if there was a feature to restrict them from watching.

This can also help on restricting known doxxers from doxxing streamers if the streamer knows their accounts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. I'm dissatisfied with the tools/the power that twitch and streamlabs has given me to report trolls who sexually harass me in my stream. For instance, someone came into my live stream on 6/10/20 (somewhere between 8:40am and 10:00am eastern) and wrote in the chat: "what kind of **** do you like?" The bot immediately flagged the word '*' and asked me to choose allow or deny. So I pressed deny. I can't remember if I hit Ban or not on this person. But by doing that, I can't report the person now because it doesn't show their screen name

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. I think it would be useful if the unban request from the user who was banned to be saved in the Usercard just in case mods want to go back to check the unban request even if it was already accepted/denied. Maybe similarly to how the "ban reason" that gets shown in the Usercard under "Bans"

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I mod for a stream with 2k+ chatters and we often have several mods in at one time. Unfortunately we've had some issues with the ban icon that shows up next to usernames in the chat. When two mods hit the ban icon at nearly the same time, the first bans, but the second mod who hits the icon - even immediately after - unbans the user on accident. This is a bad design, I feel, because if a mod does not notice the user has been accidentally unbanned, then they are free to return and repeat their behavior. It…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Would be nice if we could assign a "super mod" of sorts, so they can do extra things, like un-mod other mods? Not every streamer has the time to sort out grievances in their communities, especially in the mod team, so a "super mod" would be nice to have so they can get rid of toxic people from the team, without having to burden the busy streamer.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  6. Change the name of the Shield command to reduce likelihood of collision with the Shoutout command. Mistyping a shoutout shouldn't wipe chat.

Example: Typing "/sh" followed by "tab" used to autofill the command to "/shoutout". The introduction of the Shield command means this now autofills to "/shield" which is a massively different command, and not one that you want to do by accident.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Twitch's newer features automatically flagging "suspicious users" as well as the ability of mods to "restrict" user messages is a FANTASTIC addition.

The issue is these flagged messages are currently not added to the users chat log, so when they are banned moderators can't look back later to see what they did, same for the unban requests.

Can the suspicious/restricted user messages be added to their chat log? Currently they seem to disappear into the ether.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Currently watcvhing a stream who has accidentally left obs running with an open mic.

A mod tool that would be invaluable here is an "emergency cut stream" feature that knocks the streamer offline / breaks the stream connection that can then only be corrected by the streamer (maybe invalidating the stream, token, or only being reset by a new connection from the streaming software) to save them from being banned for inadvertently broadcasting something against ToS.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. @everyone tag in chat From the moderator rank!

Chatters from moderator rank can make @everyone in chat to share important messages so that everyone sees it and gets tagged.

very simple and easy.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. A feature that I believe that mods should have is a emergency call button. When used it sends the streamers information to 911 dispatch. And allow mods to communicate with dispatch operators to let them know whats happening. When the button is used it also cuts off stream from anyone who isnt a Moderator. This way a Twitch streamer doesnt have to worry about giving out any personal information and can still rely on thier mods to contact help if something were to happen.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Submitted this in another section of uservoice also under streaming features, but to make this more targeted.

1) Allow channel moderators the ability to see all clips that are created for a channel they moderate for.
    a) should be able to search clips by specific keyword, category, date, time frame, user
    b) should be able to edit title which may be indexed on 3rd party sites
    c) should be able to "Disable" a clip. This 100% doesn't mean to delete it, only make it non viewable on the internet to the general public. Deletion can then be handled by caster…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You can do this in VODs, why not while live? Many times a user simply made a mistake and didn't realize the full rules. I don't want to remove all context of our conversation because they put a word in a message they didn't realize was banned.

Also it's confusing for new mods to time-out instead of deleting an offending message.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. it' always uncomfortable to scroll up and look at viewers' chat logs lf you type a word, please let me haver achat that includes that word

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I feel it would be super interesting to have custom moderator permission. In particular i feel it woul be interesting for editor to have more permissions example changing channel points reward cooldown,etc. Example have the editor role for the video manager only.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The new suspicious user feature is great, but there one huge downside which ends up making me having to ban.

When a user is marked as a suspicious user, they still have the ability to spam redeem channel points redemptions and the message saying "You message has been held due to channel moderation settings" causes a barrage of messages saying "hey I cant type in chat" etc etc etc.

PLEASE make it so suspicious users are UNAWARE they can't chat & don't allow suspicious users (& non followers) to spam redeem channel points.

Please! This would help out small streamers…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be fantastic if as a streamer, I can create canned responses for my mods to use in chat whenever someone violates the rules or has an FAQ. The benefits of this would be:

• Saved time for my mods as they won't have to type out messages
    • Consistent messaging for my channel
    • Easier to bring on new mods and less of a learning curve

Let me know if anyone has any feedback!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Making a moderation feature that allows channel owners to give permissions to each individual moderators. This feature will give certain moderators access to manage commands/other features that only editors could access before. for example twitch has An editor role and a moderator role that can manage the broadcasters channel,right? so by adding a tool that allows certain editor commands/abilities to each individual moderators would be helpful to the channel owner, this command would need to be authorized by the owner of a channel or a editor. similar to how discord servers work(server owner can give any member of the server…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I mod for team Tempo Storm. Every streamer is added to the Tempo Storm community which we use to promote who is online in our website or through apps or bots on discord/curse. My role is to ensure every team member, no matter which game they are playing, is doing well and chat is behaving. This is sometimes hard to do if the streamer hasn't met me through the team contacts, or some other reason. These streamers may be hesitant to mod me or others like me in the same role.

So my suggestion is to add a community based…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow broadcasters to ip ban viewers from their stream & no longer watch there stream. Also an option for broadcasters to set this permission for moderators if they are comfortable.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?