Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

98 results found

1. Make rule sets of automod strictness, whereas each set is applied to a type of viewer determined by streamer. For example:
    - Followed less than a week ago: Very strict.
    - Followed more than 6 months ago: Less strict.
    - Subscribed for 5 years straight and <2 timeouts: No auto-moderation.

The main problem with a universal automod rule set (i.e. current automod, as of Dec 2021) is that when a flaggable word is used with amicable intent by a loyal viewer and then manually permitted by a mod, the same permitted word can now be used maliciously by bots and…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. Tonight we found out that with Automod turned off the word "classroom" is being banned from chat. I have even added the word to the automod whitelist/permitted terms and it still banned. Come on twitch. If a streamer wishes to turn off Automod that is their choice. There should not be a hidden banned list of words.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If a username is shown on twitch then it should be allowed in a poll without tripping the content feature. I often run fun competitions with my viewers where the results can be determined by a poll.

Unfortunately some of my viewers' usernames are not permitted in polls, even though they can chat freely in chat without censorship.

I don't want to add the 18+/Mature tag to these streams to allow a poll to happen and to have to change a username for a poll, while it can work, is both inelegant and makes the polling API almost useless.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I want to use the name of a game in the stream title but the dashboard won't let me. For whatever reason "Kula" World, a properly existing videogame, is not allowed in the title (same for the notifications). Great, so I cannot let people (most of all, my followers) know I'm playing that game.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  5. When automod was updated the term Noob was added in as a derogatory term. Unfortunately that's a part of my name so for a long time whenever someone used the term Noob with a different word before or after it, it would get flagged by automod and one of my moderators or myself would have to manually allow the message through. This is also a problem when I'm in my friend's streams if they haven't added that specific phrase to their "safe words" list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I've changed all if the allowed word and moderator settings but still cannot add that I am a ****** cancer survivor. I can write boobie cancer or b r e a s t cancer and I find this incredibly offensive, ridiculous, and frustrating

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hello

Is there and option to show us which word is the trouble word during creation of poll or predictions ?

I am moderator on few non-english streams and I am pretty often getting an error during creation of polls or predictions that some word in it is not in compliance with twitch and I have no idea which word it is as they are mostly commonly used words in other language.

So my question is there an option to show us which word is the wrong one so we can quickly change it and not spend 5-10 minutes trying…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Is there a way to replace an offensive word with new characters or text? Example : The word "****" would be replaced with "@#$%". Is this something that can be done already?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ever since July we had to scale down Automod to (lowest) on chat to lowest filtering, and yet the chat language German the automod manges to find and put serval perfectly normal words as held for review... As potential slurs...

For example:
    - Every chat message containing "wenig / weniger" the German words for "few and fewer", "Kleinigkeit" the German word for "small thing", "Abonent/Abonement" the German words for "Subscriber and Subscription", "eine große Anstrengung" German for "a big effort"

Is there any hope of Twitch connecting the set stream language to the the strictness Automod?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make automod phrases to work only, when the channel is online or offline or both. (Add a checkbox next to the phrases)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Streamers are using the tag "DropActive" without having any current Drop active for their current content, baiting viewers and misleading information.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. spiel conquero`s blade

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Streamers currently have a block list so we can prevent usage of certain words or phrases being used in chat.

We would like to have a similar block list but for usernames, so if someone has created a username that contains a word or phrase that's restricted in our channel, AUTOMOD would prevent them from interacting with chat and give moderators an alert so they can review if the username truly contains a restricted word or not and choose to allow the user to interact with chat.

If the user attempts to follow the channel it would detect the restricted…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automod blocks the phrase gay sex but not the work sex or the phrase straight sex

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I want to become a cooking streamer and people have been telling me people are not allowed to put Cream in their stream title. I feel if they are a cooking stream they should be allowed to put cream in the title especially if they are making a boston cream pie, or cream of chicken soup Ect, But only if it is a cooking stream.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The phrase "take your meds" is a seriously overlooked phrase that incites hatred, is disparaging, and implies a derogatory attitude towards neurodivergent people.

Too often, people invoke mental health terms and phrases such as "take your meds" "that's so bipolar" "You're acting like a schizo"

Perhaps a blanket ban is overreaching, but Twitch should take it upon itself, on its own platform, that typically champions people of neurodivergence, to stop such a toxic, hateful, vile expression and attitude towards those who may have differing perspectives, opinions, outlooks on life, or even represent an older generation of twitch users.

It is…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Using the word "*****" in a negative context on the Twitch platform or anywhere else is offensive and inappropriate. These words are slang terms that can offend and humiliate women.

Nowadays, in the context of the struggle for gender equality and respect for women's rights, it is important to respect each person and avoid using words and expressions that can harm others.

As a member of the Twitch community, you can play an important role in maintaining a respectful and enjoyable environment for all users by avoiding offensive language and by taking an active part in the fight against discrimination…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. The word "жид" is a normal ukrainian word used by ukrainian poets and writers of all sorts throughout centuries, which is used to call people with jewish nationality. It has no offensive meaning at all, same as in polish.
    However, this word is offensive ONLY in russian and many ukrainian streamers are deleting chat messages with word "жид" being afraid to get banned by twitch moderators.
    Please make a clear statement that this word has no offensive connotation and can be safely used, because rn it looks like banning word "russian", many ppl find it offensive but it is just…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. please simplify adding to banned terms phrases using twitch automod / command for /addblockedterm would help a ton

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Unsure what happened, but I cannot Whisper anymore.... Whisper says don't share personal info; got it, sharing passwords is st00pid. I sent my websites and phone number to those I wanted to collaborate with on coding projects for emoji.. There is nothing to appeal in the Appeals Center (appeals.twitch.tv), no notices given, and no information on any of these pages that I can find. I've searched and searched. I started this to expand my connections and play for the whole world. A basic tool has been removed from my kit, and I've lost messages forgetting it eats my Whispers. Please…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?