Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

97 results found

1. The blocked terms automatically filters uppercase and lowercase together for all entries. It would be great to have a tick box to decide if we want to block terms with a single specific capitalization (teSt) or all possible ones (test, Test, TEst, etc..).

Example: for blocking specific words using L lowercase as a misused i (TWlTCH=> TWLTCH => TWITCH). This can apply to links with specific capitalization, emotes and more.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  2. It would be nice to get some examples of what will be removed for each filter level, on each filter topic. The info given at the "learn more" page is rather vague, and as someone who's now been given 8 filter topics instead of 4, I'd like to see some clearer info on what each filter level actually does now that the topics are a lot more specific.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  3. New accounts cannot because created with the word "grape" in it and will automatically trigger a red flag. I know this is nonsensical for some, but my name online has always had the word "Grape" in it because it is my last name. I'd love to create an account with the word "grape" in it. But apparently it's too close to word word "Rape" so it automatically won't let you put the word in your name.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Messages flagged by AutoMod are pinned to the bottom of the chat till assessed by a moderator or by the streamer.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Treat similar looking character as identical when checking blocked words to prevent automod evasion.

So if the word "Apple" is blocked, the word "Àṗṗĺĕ" would be blocked too.

Blocking every variation of a word would literally take 76 days at 100 terms per 30 seconds (rate limit by Twitch). This is for obvious reasons not a solution. And the current moderation tools are thus obviously insufficiant.

https://twitter.com/thomsimonson/status/1429472208506822659

This feature request is in response to the ongoing hate-raids mainly targeted at LGBTQIA+ people

twitchdobetter

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I can go into my personal channel bio and I should be able to type words like “gay” but I can’t. It doesn’t let me save it and it says it’s a banned word. I can type the word “straight.” I don’t see why I can’t type “gay.”

I get not wanting profanity in a channel bio. That’s fine, but it is 2023 and we should not be putting the word “gay” on a banned words list. A lot of creators on Twitch aim to create a safe and accepting environment and community for everyone, and while the platform is…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. There is already a suggestion to ban the word r*tard. I'd like to expand on that suggestion, however. Thinking objectively, there are many words and phrases that are technically against TOS for the same reason, yet they are still commonly used.

I am NOT insisting that all these words and phrases be barred from use. I am saying their regulation should be considered. Either that or their use should be explicitly permitted in TOS. The current situation does nothing to protect the streamers who could, at Twitch's discretion, be punished for using these words and it does nothing to protect…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  8. Enabling the ability for streamers to upload/download lists of banned terms via .csv or text files would:

1. Allow streamers to easily add banned terms to their list, as currently, the only way to add banned terms is to type them in one by one.

2. Allow communities of streamers to share their list banned terms with each other to create a more comprehensive list of banned terms specific to that community

3. Allow streamers to edit their banned terms in a more flexible format

Altogether, it would allow for much more flexibility and less headache with banned terms.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I'm a moderator for a former Air Force vet. Today he was getting followed by multiple names that were celebrating/promoting veteran suicide. This really affected him, and I wish there was a way for automod to ban a follower instantly with certain words in their name.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. AutoMod is a great tool to filter chat, but when a malicious user sees that their message was held for review, they often type variations of it to get it through the filter.

It would be nice to have an option in mod settings to hide the notification stating that a message was held for review. Additionally, displaying the message as sent(only for the user in question); If they're unaware that there's a filter, they won't try to circumvent it.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A section similar to Mod Actions, that shows when someone tries to type a word/phrase that is in the blocked terms list. It should show who is trying to send a message containing a blocked term, and it should show what the word/phrase is. I believe this would greatly help mods, moderate people who try to use inappropriate language. I know this is similar to Automod, but Automod doesn't show blocked terms being typed. So the issue is, someone could, for example, try to spam the n-word (or another commonly blocked term) but it would never go through, and then…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the Russian language to AutoMod, because I am a Russian-speaking streamer and I want to add this function, because there are viewers who offend in Russian with profanity in chat and I want AutoMod to delay them in a private message and in a chat. Thank you for understanding.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. So I'm not sure in which cases the wildcard-term ban doesn't work correctly, but on a channel I'm moderating we would like to block the "^^" smiley, unfortunately blocking "*^^", "^^*" or "*^^*" doesn't solve the problem. I suspect that there is a general problem with special characters in wildcard terms.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  14. Rather than removing emotes, create a chat filter that checks
    emote tags. When approving emotes, apply rating tag to emotes that could be considered "sexual/explicit", these would be filtered out in channels that haven't enabled the 18+ notification.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automod continuously ignores words and phrases that we've allowed for the filter, and it means moderators / streamers have to continuously permit the same phrases over and over. I moderate for queer content creators, and we have to permit "kisses him" at least once a stream. It's incredibly frustrating to try to work with moderation tools that censor innocent comments, when we've explicitly allowed those phrases through the filter.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. This function is intended for filtering political discussions or statements in the chat.
    To this day, the streamer still has to point out in order to prevent such things in the chat. It is also not uncommon for political debates to continue in the same stream. So the creator and moderators need to watch out for people who don't follow the streamer's words.
    This function can help the creator and moderators to keep the chat clean.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. How is such a large company so utterly incompetent, it is honestly ridiculous. i posted this message and it was denied due to conflicts?

"i guess the perspective he draws at makes it hard to convey"

what in this message was at all problematic??

Am i meant to guess what the random naughty word is? Why dont you say what isn't allowed. truly insane.

also the effort to fine this forum is excessive.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  AutoMod  ·  Admin →
  18. Currently "Blocked terms and phrases" section of AutoMod settings in production works significantly different from its specification documented here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-manage-harassment-in-chat?language=en_US#UsetheChannelBannedTermssFilter and here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/how-to-use-automod#BlockedandPermitted
    Adding "apple banana" to blocked phrases currently will NOT block in chat phrases like "apple and banana" and "banana apple" making it essentially useless for blocking PHRASES, so currently only TERMS blocking is operational. Adding "apple * banana" will block "apple and banana" but will allow "apple and the banana". This functionality was previously working as documented and was altered around 7 months ago. Please either update documentation to reflect that blocking phases is no longer possible…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Automod could be used to filter links on chat so the mods and streamer could allow or deny instead of using bots to timeout everyone who send links having to ask !permit before they can send links

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I was just in a friends stream chatting, my boyfriend was in the mutual friend's stream. I helped the friend with a puzzle and said "i bet {enter boyfriend's name} wants to kiss me after that big brain play" and auto mod had to verify my chat. I later was talking to my friend about Nazis and Hitler and auto mod was silent. There are often times where i talk about being gay, and the word gay is hit by auto mod. Starting to feel that the auto mod database has a homophobic bias to it. please look into this…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?