Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

109 results found

1. Users can be banned for plenty of reasons, so them having a way to appeal their ban is completely reasonable. However, if I have both banned and blocked a user, that's very deliberate, and I never want to see them again. That user should not be able to harass me by sending me an unban request.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  2. So far every single unban request I've gotten so far has been something fairly toxic (a vague insult, a racial slur, etc). I don't want to deny these requests, because doing so will notify the user and I don't really want them to know that I even looked at their request. But I also don't want them to just sit there forever, the more toxic requests there are the less I actually want to look at the thing at all, which eventually will pretty much completely defeat the point of having unban requests in the first place.

I'd like to…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Log who wrote denied messages by Automod or who ran against the Automod Blocked Words list Moderation View...

By the current design you see:

• what was denied/permitted after moderator review.

What you should see:
    - who wrote it...

Taken it is a 10 mins old throw away account: The user gets away unbanned and unreported

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. As a moderator I usually use keyboard all the time in Twitch Chat. In Mod-View there is no option to trigger anything different than the default 10min timeout by mouseclick. As a "Chatty" user I am used to bind keyboard shortcuts for actions like Ban [b] / Unban [u] or /timeout 1 [1] /timeout 300 [2] and so on. It would be much easier to get anything similar in Mod-View when a moderator opens the user card.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For the protection of streamers and to ease the duty of mods, it would be helpful to have some type of account grading system in place. For instance, users who have a history of being banned from channels will have a particular account grade assigned to their account.

This account grade will be viewable when a user in chat and/or a mod clicks their user name in chat.

For example, let's use account grades A-F.

Of course a healthy account that hasn't received any account bans from any channels throughout the entire Twitch platform will receive an A grade.

Accounts…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Wenn ich in der Modansicht bin wäre es sehr hilfreich das man ein separates Chat-Fenster öffnen könnte so das ich auf dem Hauptbildschirm einen Stream auf Vollbild habe und auf einem zweiten Bildschirm den Chat offen habe.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  7. Timeline so can go back to other parts of stream to clip if missed it

Regards,
    System_Pwned

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. It would be nice in the new mod view to be able to search through the comments posted in chat by username. Best I could compare it to would be like cbenni, where you could type in someone's name and it would bring up their messages. This would be handy that rather than scrolling through chat, say for example if someone comments about someone else's message that they think is against the rules or starts a fight, you can quickly find it through a search.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. For about a week now, I have been unable to use the Batch Reporting Tool. When I drop the menu to select a reason for a report, no text appears in any of the options; they are just a series of narrow, featureless horizontal bars.

I have reproduced this in both old and new Mod View in both Firefox and Chrome under Linux. Colleagues have also reproduced it in Chrome, Firefox and Edge under Windows 10. One colleague found the tool still worked for them under Edge on Windows 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Permite que os moderadores possam visualizar a lista de banimento e deixa que eleS gerencie toda parte de banimento por essa janela assim sendo mais fácil de verificar e consultar todos os banimento do canal

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Currently, when you enable the "Show mod icons" in a chat where you have that permission, the icons for ban/timeout/delete message take up a lot of space in chat and it's quite easy to misclick an icon on a wrong message if chat is moving in a fast pace. For those reasons, I generally have this option disabled in chats that I moderate.

I like the way how the "pin this message" and "reply to message" icons work, whereas they only show when you hover over a specific message in chat. Could we make all mod icons work like that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As someone who has to manually keep track of when the next hypetrain is available by writing the time once a train is completed. It would be nice to have a mod notification alerting mods that a hypetrain is ready. There are times where I forget to write down time and have to do my best to figure out when the next is ready. Having a notification would solve that issue and allow me to focus more on chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add simple sorting options for redemption queue in moderator and streamer view. Particularly the ability to sort the redemption list by most recent.
    Highly active redemptions can quickly stack up many pages in the history, and clicking through sets of 50 for something in the multiple hundreds or even thousands is both slow and causes browser lag. A simple drop down and "sort by most recent" would solve these problems and increase convenience.

One streamer I moderate for is chronically anxious about rejecting or completing the history, and has hundreds of thousands of entries in the queues going back years.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod View  ·  Admin →
  14. The new feature that allows people to tag creators in the channel title does not currently work in Mod View. Having that not visible in the title in Mod View makes the feature feel like it's not working and if a mod happened to want to look more into the creators that are being tagged, they would have to manually search for that creator or find them in the viewer list (which, there is no guarantee that someone being featured on the stream would be in the viewer list) which defeats the purpose of having the feature in the first…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Using latest Chrome browser edition, i'm unable to do /slash commands, @, or reply to specific chats; basically anything that has a popup overlay in Mod View. This happened after /shoutout was pushed live on the service. I'm able to do all these things in normal channel chat view.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. I am a moderator for quite a few channels. But I have a huge issue with the mod view interface. It is designed poorly by twitch, this is an example of the issue:

https://imgur.com/a/xfFw4Za

Can you make adjustments to the following sections ?

Section 1: please make this smaller? It does not need to be that **** huge. I do not care to see someone's twitch banner. All I need to see is the text. Shown.
    Section 2: it is impossible to resize to be able to see someone's past messages. It is very difficult to use as a moderator.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Flashing panels on mod view when using Safari 15.5 on macOS 12.4

The panels from the mod view that overlay the stream start flashing making it impossible to interact with them or even see their content

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Moderators and long term watchers are marked with "Suspicious User monitored by" followed by nothing. There does not appear to be any ban evasion or similar involved, and no reason is given. Users marked as suspicious in this way do not appear in Suspicious User Activity. Seems to only occur when using channel point redeems.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Please add a tooltip to popup to show the name of the Category when hovering the mouse over the Category image in Mod View.

The name of the Category can popup on the mouse in the same way the tooltips popup when hovering over the docked widgets.

The Category image is small and sometimes it is not always noticeable what the game is by looking at the small picture.

Currently you need to click to open the category page or look at the URL destination in the browser to confirm the name of the Category when hovering over the Category…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a toggle switch for phone verification to Mod View to allow mods to turn it on and off mid stream - especially when new raids come in. Similar to Followers only mode or Sub only mode
    Finding that with Phone Verification turned on, less people are chatting when legit raids come through. But we don't want to turn it off in case there are hate raids.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?