Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

197 results found

1. be able to ennter a date to see messages from that day as a mod

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. El Modo Escudo no funciona bien en Castellano ya que bloquea demasiadas palabras que no son insultos ni despectivas, sin sentido alguno, quien lo ha programado no conoce nuestro idioma y por ende los moderadores o el streamer pasa más tiempo readmitiendo gente que haciendo directo.

Además hay que entender que en el Castellano sí se usan palabrotas de forma natural pero rara vez es a modo de insulto, siendo más un halago por ironía, comedia, humor o una dramatización; el contexto es importante y conocer la cultura del país también.

Por esto, insto a quien haya programado el Modo…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Wäre es nicht sinnvoll die Wortfilterliste auch beim Abwehrmodus beizubehalten und nicht beim deaktivieren wieder zu löschen?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. DATE: 12/05/2022

TITLE: Shield Mode Amnesty for Chatbot Developers

With no criticism intended, suggested or implied for any of Twitch's suspensions, Community Guidelines, or Terms of Service. In general, it has seemed the only solution was to close a chatbot channel, once a chatroom and live stream had been vandalized by juvenile hacking of a chatbot response.

Now, a new more powerful solution has been developed called Shield Mode which can be set to block chat message hacks, immediately banning hacker accounts, before the chatroom is ever hacked. With the new tools available, the old saying, "Garbage in, garbage out"…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. it feels a bit harsh with sheild mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change the name of the Shield command to reduce likelihood of collision with the Shoutout command. Mistyping a shoutout shouldn't wipe chat.

Example: Typing "/sh" followed by "tab" used to autofill the command to "/shoutout". The introduction of the Shield command means this now autofills to "/shield" which is a massively different command, and not one that you want to do by accident.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. A check box system for mods to customize which tools each mod has access t. Giving creators the ability to grant different mods access to different actions. Say you trust some mods with more responsibilities like "everything" but then for others, even newer mods you're testing the waters with, you only want to check certain boxes such as letting them make polls or change the stream title, but not time out users etc. A check-box system with all the mod features where you can personalize which mods can access which tools would be super helpful.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sometimes, it is better to timeout more than 2 weeks to avoid making unban request and to auto-unban after a certain period.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I think shield mode is great!
    But I've a doubt. What if a not sub and not follower new viewer join the stream and wants simply say "Hi I'm John" while the block for new chatters is active?
    It's needed a notification to the streamer and the modders to appear, showing the user name and the content of the message only to streamers and modders and let them to chose if enable the chat for that user in a flash.
    I still didn't try this mode. Maybe it already works like this. But if not, this could be a great…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 看到直接案啟動

想說什麼新功能

白爛聊天室被全清ㄌ

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. you should make it clearer that shield mode is something that effects the channel not the mods view of the channel . if would also be better to make its defaults not be the strongest settings as this causes the most disruption if its accidentally toggled which is happening a lot. the principle is good though, thankyou

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I would like to see the ability to configure the ban evasion settings awhile a channel is in Shield Mode.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I would like to see the ability to block hyperlinks awhile a channel is in Shield Mode.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Thank you for Shield Mode.

I would like to see the ability to configure or pause incoming raids when Shield Mode is active, such as configuring higher thresholds or pausing raids entirely.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I don't think defense mode is a good feature.
    If only the streamer is visible and some of the viewers become victims after entering the prohibited content set by the streamer without knowing it, the streamer himself has to take responsibility for it. No, if that's the case, then there's no reason for a streamer to choose a manager. The streamer can release it, and the manager doesn't have a function, it's a function that only the streamer has, so if you introduce this scary function as it is, Twitch won't be welcome anymore.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow creators to force a timed-out user to watch a short video explaining why they have been timed-out to return the chat/stream.

It happens sometime that user are misconducting not-necesserly on-purpose, and they may feel a ban or timeout unjustified. Neither creators or moderators have time to explain everytime what is wrong with such misconduct, and it can create a lot of frustration on both side.

Ban and timeout lack sometime of context, and in the same time, a timed-out user who has intentionally misconduct may just want to continue to harass, so they would have to come back again…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have a setting that makes it so when a moderator allows a message held by auto mod it does not automatically add the blocked term to the allowed terms list

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I share ban list with another account, I banned an account prior to the ability of being able to share bans. I recently unbanned that account but it's still reporting it being banned in my shared ban list to other accounts but it's not banned in my account. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Here's the link showing it's banned
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037406389594767410/unknown.png

link showing it's not banned in my channel
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403865185779753/unknown.png

what I see when in a channel I share a ban list with:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403301060296805/unknown.png

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  19. Restricted mode should NOT inform the chatter that their messages are not being delivered to the rest of chat. I feel like this is motive to encourage someone to act out even more... I feel like someone being restricted should not know they are being restricted. Feels VERY unsafe.

Sure, a ban may be the viable option, but there can be a lot of nuance to the relationships between fellow streamers and their communities... where nothing ban worthy has necessarily occurred but you might want to prevent an incident in the case something does.

I personally switched to monitoring mode…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  20. The Shared Ban list warning should apply for all incoming messages, not just the first-time chat.

Example scenario: A user chats in my stream, doesn't say anything ban-worthy, e.g. "Hello." They say something to get banned by someone who I've shared ban lists with. I want to know that they've been banned but the current implementation will not share that information.

The current implementation makes it quite easy for a bad actor to evade these warnings. Also, it's unlikely that people will open with something offensive unless they truly are trolling.

For this feature to truly be valuable, we need…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?