Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Moderation

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Moderation

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

192 results found

1. With the new Shared Listing rolling out, I immediately can see the 30 user limit being way too small for some communities, especially those with active-vigilant mod teams that are interconnected and share user information with one another. If the server is able to support it, raising it to 50 and steadily into 75 would be amazing just so we can have a larger network of mod support- and for the sake of sentiment, we look like we're even more supportive of each other :)

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  2. Shared-bans feature need more infos !

Actualy we only have the state that somone is banned from an other stream.
    We have to go ask the mods of the stream in question each time why he was banned to decide if we also ban him or if we remove the chat restriction.

We can't just ban them because they are banished elsewhere. If we can't note the reason in the moderator comment, they have every chance of being unbanned if they make a deban request because we don't even know the reason. While it may be for very good reasons

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  3. You have the option to block or allow links.

It would be nice if you could set which classes can post links.

Followers, VIPS, MOD's subscribers.

unfortunately you can only turn it on and off.

It would be easier for a streamer if we could directly decide who is allowed to post links and who is not.

For now, there's only this: Block links Your channel's chat will automatically delete URLs that weren't posted by yourself, your moderators, admins, or VIPs.

But the subscribers go away empty-handed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Reporting messages by the community would work on the principle that next to the message or in the user's profile from the streamer's side, there will be a button from reporting the user (anonymously or with the name visible) to moderation of the channel. The streamer's moderators will decide whether to apply the appropriate punishment or possibly report the user's message to twitch

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. For the first enablement of shield mode by a moderator there should be a brief warning pop up of exactly what it does. There is a bit of a bubble that almost advertises it as press this button and can cause infrequent mods to accidentally enable shield mode. You should also be able to disable shield mode with the same button, not with a switch on the screen that pops up.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. It would be great for channel Editors to be shown in the AutoMod queue when users attempt to use blocked terms in a channel. Certain words/phrases can have multiple variations and it's unknown when someone is actually trying to use those. Having this available to Editors+ would be helpful for catching bad actors before something gets posted in chat, without bothering all mods who may not all be privy to that information or know how to deal with it (such as attempts at doxxing). Mod Cards should also have a separate section for blocked terms/automodded words so that all of…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  7. Change the name of the Shield command to reduce likelihood of collision with the Shoutout command. Mistyping a shoutout shouldn't wipe chat.

Example: Typing "/sh" followed by "tab" used to autofill the command to "/shoutout". The introduction of the Shield command means this now autofills to "/shield" which is a massively different command, and not one that you want to do by accident.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  8. When handling unban requests, we often think "ok you apologized, but your request was too soon regarding how long we estimate you should be banned"

I think having an option to set the end of the ban to a further date would help a lot. The interface could tell requesters that we have accepted their request and that they will be unbanned at the specified time

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Given the existing infrastructure behind the (1) first-time chat callout experiment, (2) non-mod chat delay, and (3) automod caught message queue:

There should be a toggleable setting where the initial message of any newcomer to chat must be approved by a moderator for that and any subsequent messages to appear to non-mods. Thus, this would limit the ability of newcomers to send messages without prior approval.

Not only would this reduce how many eyes see hateful messages from human accounts, it would neutralize spambots from having their messages show up to non-mods -- a useful step in responding to the…

236 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  10. I feel it would be super interesting to have custom moderator permission. In particular i feel it woul be interesting for editor to have more permissions example changing channel points reward cooldown,etc. Example have the editor role for the video manager only.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A list for moderators to view who the other mods have marked as suspicious user

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stream delay for viewer categories

To combat stream snipers, allow streamers to customize a stream delay for each group of viewers. Similar to the "Followers-only mode" settings in Moderation, but for the stream itself.
    e.g. Subscribers: no delay, Followers: 30s-1min delay, Non-followers/Guests: 3min delay.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. For streamers and moderators, the ability to add highlighted notes to users' nicks to remember important information they once shared.
    Like gender, birthdays, pets, favorite things...
    I'm a costreamer with my husband and a moderator of his live and others and I really miss it.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There are situations where mods may accidentally ban someone (sometimes clicking over to chat and accidentally hitting one of the mod tool buttons) and even if they're immediately unbanned, they're permanently on the shared ban list and whenever they show up in a chat that shares that banned list they get restricted from chatting and unless you mod in all the chats that share the ban list, you can't remove them from it.

I just feel like there should be a way to undo someone being put on the shared ban list because it can really suck for a viewer…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. We need a tool to hide "Follow" commands. cause we've been facing too many follow bot raids. Can you PLEASE help?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. When a user is flagged as a possible ban evader in the mod tools, can we have it show the linked accounts that set off the alert for possible ban evasion?

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mod Tools  ·  Admin →
  18. I share ban list with another account, I banned an account prior to the ability of being able to share bans. I recently unbanned that account but it's still reporting it being banned in my shared ban list to other accounts but it's not banned in my account. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Here's the link showing it's banned
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037406389594767410/unknown.png

link showing it's not banned in my channel
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403865185779753/unknown.png

what I see when in a channel I share a ban list with:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/887535900647649310/1037403301060296805/unknown.png

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. It may seem extreme to some people, but i'm a moderator on a girl streamer's channel and lately she's gotten a lot of harassment from just one person, that person does not stop creating accounts all the time just to continue writing uncomfortable and improper things to her.

Me and her channel's moderator team are reporting all of his accounts through Twitch's reporting system, but that won't limit the person from creating new accounts.

So, my idea is that only the streamer will have access to suspend IP addresses of multi-account stalkers.

Thanks for reading.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow creators to force a timed-out user to watch a short video explaining why they have been timed-out to return the chat/stream.

It happens sometime that user are misconducting not-necesserly on-purpose, and they may feel a ban or timeout unjustified. Neither creators or moderators have time to explain everytime what is wrong with such misconduct, and it can create a lot of frustration on both side.

Ban and timeout lack sometime of context, and in the same time, a timed-out user who has intentionally misconduct may just want to continue to harass, so they would have to come back again…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?