Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Charity

ATTENTION! Regarding charity requests...

The charity tool is now fully integrated with the PayPal Giving Fund, so if your charity is registered there, you should be able to find it to start a fundraising campaign. In the case you find your charity missing, please reach out to the organization regarding registering with the PayPal Giving Fund. You can learn more about how to sign up your charity here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-charities. For more information on Twitch’s Charity Tool, please feel free to access our FAQ Help Article: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-faqs.

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea to check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Upvoting existing ideas will increase the weight behind the idea, as opposed to multiple similar requests (we will combine these anyway)
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information
If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Charity

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

144 results found

1. Give charities the ability to launch a Twitch Channel with a badge (e.g. :bleedpurple:) and instead of a subscribe button offer a SUPPORT button that shows the option to make a donation or start a fundraising campaign.

Allow charities to create events that are visible in the creator dashboard -- this would be useful right now (September 19th) as creators are looking for ways to support PR and if they fundraise on Twitch instead of Tiltify or StreamLabs the funds are not earmarked specifically for PR.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. The new fundraiser feature looks great, but it's missing a crucial feature for many events: the ability for multiple people to stream for the same campaign. Adding the ability to let other people (either by invite, members of your stream team, or open to anyone) stream for your campaign would make this feature a lot more useful for larger charity events on Twitch.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. There are many reputable indigenous charities, as well as others for mental health, homelessness, cancer, etc. that exist outside of America. Why not have all of those in the list? I refuse to fundraise for American charities as a non-American resident/citizen. Where's Australia's recognition? Where's NZ? UK? Europe? America just isn't that important to the rest of us...

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I feel like charity’s should be able to make a team on twitch and invite people to it with out being a partner

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Vorrei aprire sul mio canale Twitch (DanaXScully) una campagna di raccolta fondi per Namaste Onore a te - https://www.namaste-adozioni.org/
    L'associazione è già iscritta al PayPal giving fund, ma non la trovo fra le associazioni di beneficenza. Come si procede al suo inserimento nella lista?
    Grazie mille.
    Dana

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow streamers the ability to fundraise for multiple charities at the same time so viewers can choose 1 they personally can relate to that the streamer supports. As a charity streamer, I offer 6 charities as when I was rotating through someone asked me why they had to wait to donate & how they could donate immediately.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I am looking at setting up a charity event on the 25th, I was looking at using the built in twitch feature for charities. However I noticed one issue where users can't enter in a custom message when donating.

My idea for the charity was for every £1 that is donated, the user can enter in a message for "do 10 jump jacks, do 10 squats", etc but this does not seem to be a feature of twitch charity right now.

It would be nice to see this.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. We should be able to create or use Charity Emotes but it not effect our existing emotes to our dashboard or streams. Basically additional emotes for the greater good. - AMP

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. It would be nice to have some UK based charities and smaller charities like preschools I have one based in my village which is charity based called foulsham and bintree playgroup it would be nice to be able to support them when I streamed on Facebook they used to have a section where you could type the charity name in and it would find it because they are charity registered that was about the only good thing about streaming on Facebook

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Maybe I'm missing how to do it, but It seems that the Charity Button can only be seen on desktops/laptops but not on those viewing on their phones or tablets. We need to make it available everywhere.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  11. we need a option were we can choose outside USA charities for those that live in USA we want to help charities in our home country in LATAM South America

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. It would be cool if when running with a charity a donor got a special badge or emote because they donated. More incentive.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The creation of a Twitch Charity extension would enable streamers to add a panel to their "About Me" area which automatically displays the names of all the charities they have raised money for, the total amount raised for each one, and perhaps the date the fundraiser ended. This would be a wonderfully helpful feature!

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. make tiltify the default setting rather than paypal giving fund

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  16. Before all you "bully fans" go after me, I'm from a country where these dogs are banned for a good reason. Pits, bullys or whatever they're rebranded as this week are fighting dogs (not nanny dogs as some folks claim) they're bred to be violent. Just as retrievers will retrieve, pits will fight and attack. It's a proven fact. There are countless examples of them attacking other dogs, cats and children unprovoked, causing catastrophic harm.

Any charity advocating for them should not be supported by Twitch's charity platform.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  17. charity. i can't select anything in the country drop down menu. its stuck on USA. I'm in Canada. i want a Canadian charity.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I want to have all ad revenue from my stream, all bits, and all subscriptions auto donate to charity via Stream Labs Charity. Right now I need to plug in my SSN to twitch to become an affiliate, but it would be nice if I could instead include the link to the donate page.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Hi! Can you add The Women's Building, from SF CA? It is a women-led community space that advocates self-determination, gender equality and social justice. A few of their many services include legal advocating services for migrant families, affordable housing, and civic engagement.

Here is the link for their community advocacy work: https://womensbuilding.org/advocacy/

EIN: 94-1730620
    They are a Paypal confirmed charity receiving Paypal Giving payments already, but can't find them on the Twitch website.
    here is the link!
    https://www.paypal.com/US/fundraiser/charity/2233878

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. (sorry bad english)

Argus' Child is a French association who fight CP and help victims by providing support and help autorities to prevent crimes and track down suspect peoples

https://www.lesenfantsdargus.org/

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?