Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Charity

ATTENTION! Regarding charity requests...

The charity tool is now fully integrated with the PayPal Giving Fund, so if your charity is registered there, you should be able to find it to start a fundraising campaign. In the case you find your charity missing, please reach out to the organization regarding registering with the PayPal Giving Fund. You can learn more about how to sign up your charity here: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-charities. For more information on Twitch’s Charity Tool, please feel free to access our FAQ Help Article: https://help.twitch.tv/s/article/twitch-charity-faqs.

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea to check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Upvoting existing ideas will increase the weight behind the idea, as opposed to multiple similar requests (we will combine these anyway)
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information
If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Charity

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

82 results found

1. The MELBA Foundation would like to be integrated into Twitch's Charity Tool. Our mission is to help make music education more accessible and affordable to students who live in underprivileged communities. We love the music community on Twitch and plan on being more involved once we get integrated so we can start fundraising!

We are all set up on Paypal Giving Fund: paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/4897172

The MELBA Foundation (88 - 3934358) is a memorial scholarship that offers affordable music lessons to students who aren't able to afford music education. We also donate books and school supplies to elementary schools in Romblon, Philippines.

116 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

20 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  2. Twitch's current community guidelines focuses behaviors that happen on site but many nonprofits do not stream or engage on Twitch. And becoming a nonprofit within the United States is relatively easy and affordable. FB, Google, and YouTube have stances against nonprofits that are discriminatory in nature or provide access only if the recipient of the program converts to their religion. Allowing nearly any nonprofit to be fundraised for through Twitch's charity product opens a new vector for abuse one that has serious real world implications given that money is involved.

800 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

30 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  3. Vorrei aprire sul mio canale Twitch (DanaXScully) una campagna di raccolta fondi per Namaste Onore a te - https://www.namaste-adozioni.org/
    L'associazione è già iscritta al PayPal giving fund, ma non la trovo fra le associazioni di beneficenza. Come si procede al suo inserimento nella lista?
    Grazie mille.
    Dana

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  4. Twitch has stated time and time again that they do not make money from charity streams. While this is technically true insofar as donations using the tool are concerned, from my reading of the FAQ, they still make money from their cut of subscription fees, bit sales, and advertisements run during charity streams.

While bit sale profits are hard to manage because of its nature as a currency that can be bought at any time from any or no channel, and subscriptions may be hard from a logistics standpoint to funnel Twitch's take to the charity, there is an easy…

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Unterstützen sie mit mir Familien über das Kinder und Jugendhospiz Stuttgart. Für Hilfen das alltägliche, schwere leichter zu machen.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Alright Twitch, let's go on this ride again. There is a multitude of hate groups in your charity tool and it is simply unacceptable.

You claim you can do "thorough research" to determine if a group is acceptable to be on your platform or not, so I'll focus on listing some of them and you can do your job :)

• Alliance Defending Freedom
    • Chalcedon Foundation
    • The Salvation Army of Greater Charlotte
    • The Salvation Army (There's 5 of them)
    • Salvation Army National Corporation
    • The Salvation Army, Miami Adult Rehabilitation Center
    • The Salvation Army a Georgia Corporation
    • The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation…
    49 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow ALL creators--not just Affiliates and Partners--access to Charity. I've been notified of charity in my dashboard, but it's not available nor accessible via the link.

Regardless of contracts, supporting a charity should be available to all that wish to.

112 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  8. We shouldn't have to create a UserVoice for every hate group "charity" that we find in the charity search.

Since Twitch isn't going to vet all the organizations it adds to the charity search, please add a report button to each charity description so that we can notify you of them and not have to go through UserVoice again and again.

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  9. Twitch streamer here, wishing to have a charity added to the Twitch charity tool, especially at Christmas. I've shaved my head for them in the past, raising $14 000 to feed the less fortunate in the area, but want to keep my locks this Christmas and hope we can add them to the Twitch Charity Tool. My Food Bank is run by SAMARITAN HOUSE MINISTRIES INC. (Human Services) CRA107951790RR0001. Thank you for your consideration. -Tyler

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  10. I am not an account with thousands of followers, but I donated trees with all the money I earned so far, there was a raffle among people, etc. I want to do this on the tw platform I currently use, but I cannot find any institution on the Turkish side. Be it an animal protection association, a fight against cancer, or a theme foundation. Will there be an organization in Türkiye that we can donate to?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. As part of the Transday of Visibility, I would like to organize a charity stream for the Magnus Hirschfeld Center in Hamburg.

The Magnus Hirschfeld Center is a voluntary organization for queer people:

Counseling center
    education
    networking

They offer advice from adolescence to old age.

They support the reporting of incidents of violence and also have a meeting place in Hamburg, the MHC Cafe, as a safe space.

The MHC has been doing all this for 40 years.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Geachte Twitch

Stichting Gamen Voor Kinderen is een stichting waarbij geld wordt opgehaald op kinderen met een ziekte, handicap of een vervelend verleden te helpen doormiddel van iets van een gaming console te geven zodat ze kunnen gamen voor afleiden. Website van de stichting: https://gamenvoorkinderen.nl/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
  14. Josia Cotto was a six-year-old boy suffering from a rare brain tumor, he was given a year to live when first diagnosed. He wanted to be the best big brother he could to his newborn baby brother Noah. He sadly passed away on June 15, 2012. His parents, Niasia and Jose, family, and friends wear red to remember him on both his birthday and death day.
    I am asking as a small streamer and cousin of Josia, to please add 'A Life for Josia' to the list of charities provided. I would love to bring awareness to brain tumors and…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. There was no option for me to select to send this query to support so like, adding "Charity" to the drop down menu in support options is probably going to be my FIRST suggestion because I have an issue to take up with my Creator Twitch Recap this year and how it calculated my money raised for charity. It said I only raised $192 this year when my charity dashboard says otherwise. Its also not an issue of 1 of the 2 fundraisers I did not counting yet, because even my first one was more than $192. What the hekk?…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Eisvogel e.V. hilft speziell Leukämie- und Lymphknotenkrebs-Erkrankten sowie deren Angehörigen und gibt ihnen den für die Genesung so wichtigen Impuls für neuen Kampfgeist, Lebensmut und Lebensfreude.

Wir sorgen für Beistand und realisieren dies im Speziellen durch Patenschaften. Außerdem finden Gruppenevents, Vorträge und Erfahrungsaustausch mit unseren Unterstützern statt. Unsere Eisvogelpost, die regelmäßig ihren Weg zu Neu-Erkrankten und ihren Angehörigen findet, runden das Angebot des Vereins ab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please add U24 (United24) as option to raise money. Since Ukraine is at war with russia, they need funding to defend themselves.
    https://u24.gov.ua/

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Stichting Kanjer Wens was in the news in The Netherlands, where the director of this charity has done massive criminal things which I cannot tell here in the open. I will put a link to the website for proof

https://www.rtlnieuws.nl/nieuws/artikel/5418954/beladen-zedenzaak-directeur-kanjer-wens-hervat-slachtoffers-spreken

It is pretty recent, so I hope Twitch can consider what to do with the charity, because you can still pick it to get people to donate to it. But it does not excist anymore as well.

Kind regards,

ps. I did not see anywhere else where I could put this, its hard to reach Twitch for this kinda things,…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fundraising campaign for brutality in Palestine

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PLEASE ADD: JBlendz Enterprises NFP

JBE's mission is to collaborate and build linkages with schools, churches, nonprofits, and government institutions. Collaborations are developed to provide prevention services for residents. Educational trainings are implemented to build positive character and enhance life skills of all participants through training and workshops. Program initiatives are designed to empower the community with knowledge, information, and educational opportunities.

JBLENDZ ENTERPRISES NFP is not showing up in the Twitch charity search. I'd love for Twitch to add my charity to the list please. Thank you

Here's the link to my active and confirmed Paypal Giving Fund Account …

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?