Skip to content
Translate Ideas and Comments
Choose language:
There was an error during translation

Safety

How it works:
  • Choose a relevant category for your idea and check to see if any other users have already submitted this suggestion before creating your own
  • Be clear with your suggestion, provide examples and solutions to the problem you are posing. Suggestions without actionable feedback may be closed without comment
  • Upvote existing ideas, as opposed to creating multiple similar requests
  • Be sure to share your suggestion with others to gain more support!
  • Note: Suggestions are not guarantees that we will take action on an idea. We will try our best to communicate why an idea may not work, but may not always be able to share that information.
  • Titles that are unclear or unnecessarily vulgar may be reworded to better reflect the request for ease of discovery

If you need help:
This forum is for ideas only. If you need help, please check out our help portal for tons of articles that may answer your questions. If you still need help, you can reach out to our support team in the help portal as well!

Appeals or commentary on suspension decisions, support requests, suggestions disparaging others, and non-constructive feedback will be closed without comment.

Safety

Categories

JUMP TO ANOTHER FORUM

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback

1129 results found

1. Hello!

I know this has been raised before and promised by both Emmett and Marcus but I would like to draw some perspective to the issue.

When a streamer receives automatic ban notification email they are given the following information. You were banned for one or more of these three reasons and this offence occurred on a Stream or VOD (aka somewhere).

As a broadcaster when looking to be compliant with all of Twitch's terms of service and receiving a ban it is hard to know what specifically needs to be changed because the notification email amounts to you vaguely…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Here's a catch of the Followers-Only mode that is bad: A spambot can follow anyone at any time and never talk anything. By the point someone turns on Followers-Only mode the bot has followed long enough to be allowed to taint the chat with spam.

And here's the solution:
    Authy Badge: this would be a better "Verified Badge" than the Verified Badge, because it would confirm that the person activated 2FA, which typically involves having a phone, which typically means bots have a harder time verified themselves as a legitimate user and the Verified Badge is nothing more than "this…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. There needs to be a change with in twitch as there has been multiple profiles with problematic pictures that are grounds for banned. There needs to be a implementing of a non-approved stage for profile pictures followed by a approved stage so that way we don't have problematic grounds when someone's profile picture shows up in someone's stream during a game or such ex being marbles. Because this brings up problems for the streamer were we have to take even more steps to avoid being flagged or banned for something we ourselves didn't display. This includes but not limited to…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Twitch has become a lifeline for many streamers impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, in particular club and mobile DJs whose only source of income has been cut off in recent months. Therefore, it is essential that streaming services like Twitch remain a viable outlet for music users, while providing fair compensation to songwriters, recording artists, and record labels.

Unfortunately, U.S. copyright law is still vastly out of touch within the marketplace for independent DJs, many of whom make little or no income from their online broadcasts. This certainly presents a unique challenge in the case of Twitch. DJs either run…

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. These aspects of the guidelines seem incongruent with the interests of a younger audience, potentially exposing them to content that may not be suitable for their age group.

Examples of their recent changes to their guidelines permit what they call "artistic nudity", poledancing, and twerking. On top of this, the guidelines effectively state that there is no age restriction (i.e. 18+).

I find this blatant disregard for child safety on the internet incredibly disturbing, and given Twitch has had controversies in the past regarding sexual misconduct, they choose to update their guidelines to include it instead of taking action against…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Stop rate limiting your most dedicated active users

I often end up being rate limited when creating clips. Getting errors that state "Whoops. Something went wrong." or having login issues until I wait 24 hours and retry again.

I'm an active moderator for a lot of channels and I enjoy highlighting streamers success and entertaining moments in clips. The problem is that I keep getting rate limited or identified as a "bot". The DDoS and rate limiting is currently overly aggressive and keeps hindering your most active contributors.

Please consider this and make some sort of change.
    Best Regards
    Cragsand

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I am trying to understand how it is possible that promotion, glorification and usage of Stalinist and Soviet imagery and symbology on stream is not banned under the user guidelines I quote at the end of this post. In many countries in Europe, especially Baltic states, Poland etc. Stalinist and Soviet symbology is treated the same way as Nazi symbology and for a good reason - it is a hateful ideology of an authoritarian regime that was historically committing crimes against humanity against its neighbours and its own population - I am not for censorship overall but if we are…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I have two main categories, Software Development and dance games. The latter have little value as VODs, so these games are excluded from auto-publishing, and I usually delete the VOD quickly after.

However, the audio of the unpublished VOD is still scanned for copyrighted audio, and if something is found, auto-publish is disabled in general for my channel -- which is quite pointless, given that the problematic VODs were never published in the first place for exactly that reason, but it forces me to explicitly publish the development VODs by hand.

So please ignore muted sections in unpublished VODs for…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Many ideas have been discussed here about adding 2FA as a next level security for accounts to verify they're legit and not just a spam bot account and chat. (See: https://twitch.uservoice.com/forums/933812-safety/suggestions/41306257-adding-2fa-to-chat-as-optional-filter)

What I propose here that is different those ideas is adding a CAPTCHA solver puzzle for people who want to follow a channel. And I'm not talking about those silly Text Based CAPTCHA solver puzzles that are distorted with upper and lower case characters and other things, but an image based CAPTCHA solver puzzle.

1. New followers will have to solve a CAPTCHA, a One-time Only process before the…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. The current Mature Audience Warning is for those 18+ and is used by many streamers even for games and other activities that those under 18 and over 12 can watch/chat. These ages groups are then left out. A new warning should be added that only allows those between 13-16 years old to watch/chat. When this warning is displayed the game and chat would only have things in them appropriate for such age groups. The streamer would be responsible for making sure the game is rated for such ages and that settings used in chat keeps out more mature conversations/topics. If…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. You created an amazing tool to resolve 95% of DMCA issues and decided to lock it behind Soundtrack by Twitch?? Why? If you give us the ability to tie an application(s) (Example: chrome for spotify/youtube etc.., or even a media player for local audio) to the "remove from vod" obs plugin, there would be no music from anywhere (except from in games) in any vods. Why is the DMCA chaos not solved already with this? Seems like a MAJOR oversite or this is just a way for you to try and push your Soundtrack by Twitch software by holding this…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Making it so banning will remove the persons follow. Maybe make it so if they have been banned for over 30 minutes it auto removes the follow and blocks them from following again. Maybe also putting a little notification that shows up in their notifications that they have been removed from following ( username ) due to a recent ban in that stream. Then it would have a timer with the amount of time left before they can ask for an unban request and if accepted regains their follow age.

Thanks in advance for looking at this , LinoYeen

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hi,

My ideas are as follows and some probably already mentioned.

Firstly - I do acknowledge that playing copyrighted music is a risk taken on when it is played, whether it's in-game or nightbot/itunes/spotify or other media player.

In the past, VODs were muted with a red bar on the bottom of VODs to show where copyright-flagged audio was detected.
    I would advise going back to this and adding some sort of mouse-over tag so we can see what track/s were flagged and by whom so that it can be contested if necessary to ensure no abuse of the DMCA…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  DMCA  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Currently, blocked users can still send messages to you in your channel's chat. This is confusing for newer users since it requires 2 actions to actually block someone from interacting with you.
    It is also a very strange use case to have "blocking" a user be an "only harass me in public" action- I do understand the use case for the inverse not being true (being banned from a channel should not block them) but since blocking already removes them from your followers and removes whisper access, not removing channel chat access seems illogical.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. There is a bug I've seen a few dozen times where a user will be banned in a channel without ever having talked in it or, more importantly, without a record of a ban occurring from any moderators. These bans are always on 7/25/2019, at 4:39 PM, and are often done by someone who wasn't a moderator of the channel at the time. Unbanning these users works as normal, but they need to request an unban or we can't fix anything - meaning we have no idea how widespread this issue is.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow creators to play music on stream even if not created by the user or having rights to it but are required to keep it a very low volume. I feel removing the ability for streamer to have background music of their, or viewers choice is taking away the personality of the streamer. For me the music I listen to describes the person I am the mood I am feeling and an over all setting for new and old viewers.I just don't want to have to play a game and not listen to my favorite songs as I hang out…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. I was happy for new artistic nudity update but didn't expect this site to become full of aroused genitals. Is it still artistic nudity or po***graphy at this point?

How can a drawing with fully erect, wet genitals be classified as artistic when we all know what is the point of this kind of art? There is a difference between a nude portrait or a naked silhouette and some 18+ anime drawing with characters showing off body in sexual manner.

And it's the first thing EVERYONE sees when they enter art category.

If this kind of stuff is okay, can…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. It is not fair that you can appeal only once every 6 months. If you are not a partner on Twitch they will not care and reject your appeal plan to reinstate your account on twitch. It would be better if you could appeal once a week to try to get your account back for Twitch.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. For the pass couple of months Traditional Chinese community has been suffering from unreasonable suspension by typing in chat which hasn't violate the "hateful conduct and harassment" from twitch community guidelines. Suspension reasons contains hateful speech, sexual harassment, etc.

For example, cursing in Chinese might have get you banned for 7 days plus, but the same meaning in English or other language will not get punished. Certain user even recieve suspension from chatting topics which is "related to streaming content" that has hardly even reach the boundries of communities guidelines.

It's literally taking weeks or months to get any feedback…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?